How bad is the throughput pushing it through the VPN and bouncing the mails around?its a desktop app that you download and install, then it just runs in the background 24/7, bouncing your server traffic between a bunch of global servers.
so when you access furryporn.com instead of accessing directly from your IP, you go through a bunch of proxies which conceals your original IP. if furryporn.com ever gets raided, or if theres an attacked trying to intercept your request, they wont know from where or from whom the request originated. its also helps a lot if you torrent, for that exact same reason, basically it masks your entire traffic.
I'm working through Gmail / ProtonMail now.
I get a shit ton of spam on my gmail daily. For a lot of it I have filters setup, like if it's from "[email protected]" it will automatically delete the email and I never see it. And then I get a lot of spam that gmail filters out. What does Protonmail do about all this?
I think I'm going to do it this way for Protonmail:
- Import all my existing gmail emails
- Forward new gmail emails to protonmail
- Setup filter for those forwards
- Inform who I want about protonmail
- Update what websites I notice are important
- After a year quit checking gmail, but use that address for spam / BS / signing up to random websites
What always ends up fucking me over is I purchase something from something online, and then they sell my address to all sorts of people.