Sherlock

spronk

FPS noob

season 2 airs 1/1/17 (New Years Day) on BBC One in the UK at 830pm GMT (3:30pm EST), ALSO 9pm PST on PBS USA
3 episodes total every sunday

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
the fuck did i miss, what about this ep makes him gay?

also good start .. welcome back Mr Homes.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it was established that he is more or less non-sexual as he finds others a distraction. There are very specific people that he does become obsessive about, Watson, Adler and Moriarty, but since Adler was the only woman it leads people to have certain preconceived ideas about his sexuality that are never explored

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So, what does everybody think ? I thought the main plot was surprisingly solid and grounded, just the analogy with the merchant and the Death was unnecessarily convoluted and forced in. It's nice to know Moriarty isn't the only person who can fuck up Sherlock once he starts resembling a human with emotions, but the scene where Sherlock gets shot was terribly edited, I don't know if they ran out of money or what, but it would be better if they just did it without the cliché bullet time. For a moment I thought the secretary would destroy the aquarium to kill everyone, would make more sense than to kill a single person at best.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So, what does everybody think ? I thought the main plot was surprisingly solid and grounded, just the analogy with the merchant and the Death was unnecessarily convoluted and forced in. It's nice to know Moriarty isn't the only person who can fuck up Sherlock once he starts resembling a human with emotions, but the scene where Sherlock gets shot was terribly edited, I don't know if they ran out of money or what, but it would be better if they just did it without the cliché bullet time. For a moment I thought the secretary would destroy the aquarium to kill everyone, would make more sense than to kill a single person at best.
yeah, i was thinking that too, shoot that aquarium and flood out the room. maybe it was too silly to assume there was that much water in it.

spronk

FPS noob
boring as fuck, on the plus side killing the worst character in the show but having an entire episode revolving around her kooky backstory was just boring as fuck.

Sherlock Holmes, solving mysteries and crimes with his wits? Fuck that shit said the writers. Outplayed by a grandma, well done Sherlock

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
boring as fuck, on the plus side killing the worst character in the show but having an entire episode revolving around her kooky backstory was just boring as fuck.

Sherlock Holmes, solving mysteries and crimes with his wits? Fuck that shit said the writers. Outplayed by a grandma, well done Sherlock
TBH I thought they needed to take him down a peg, him being outsmarted since he is still fixated on what Moriarty had in store was good, unlike a lot of the other things. That said, it's Sherlock, not a shitty James Bond ripoff.

Something was obviously hidden inside the busts, just the way they showcased AJ hiding it didn't look very convincing. Sherlock being fine with 1/6 chance to actually catch the thief looked really dumb, same for going 1v1 vs probably armed criminal without a backup, then he gets knocked out with a tiny scrap of paper - drugs don't work that way. Then we have John casually picking up chicks, for no apparent reason.

And last, the Michael Bay cameo with the exploding car - shit doesn't work that way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, I agree.

I really enjoyed this weeks episode.
its too bad i knew what sherlock was doing before he did it because of the name Culverton Smith. sometimes being a fan of a series and books for 30 years ruins things for yourself.
:(

at least the ending was something completely unexpected.