Should I buy a Wii U? Looking for pros and cons.

Siliconemelons

Brother brought his WiiU down for christmas, after his 5 kids and my 2 sitting there all wagging wiimotes uselessly in the nintendo land games, and the older kids playing new super mario u togther and having some time to get to know the gamepad my wife is like "Buy this"

We want a PS4 but have no need for one untill "gaming time" opens up more in our life- our kids are very young so having the TV not dominated by barny or some shit it rare- being able to play games on the gamepad is a huge bonus- the VITA needs to do this with ps3 and ps4... I only used my PSP screen share a little... I also do no have my PS3 on all the time as its a old 60giger and after an hour or two it clicks on to jetplane mode because its getitng hot- (any hints? take apart and clean? does a SSD help? I love this thing and dont want it to die) - I suppose I could swap my slim psp (2nd gen with slot not the slide open current gen) to main and link my PSP to it.

So maybe you will find you are playing the WiiU on the controller at off hours where you would not normally be gaming, thus it creates and fits a nitche for you... but usually Nintendo games alone justify the console.

Siliconemelons

The vita does do this with the ps4.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I heard about it but I did not think anything came of it...this is many months ago.

So I can play "any" ps4 game on my vita? and is the ps4 any kind of backwards compatable? or just whats available on PSN as "backwards compatable"

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Whelp, just got back from Bestbuy with the Wii U Deluxe NSMBU / NSLU. In the end, having a 1080p Nintendo machine that will play all first party games from the Wii & Wii U via disc + older gen via an app pushed me over the edge. Looks like Im gonna need to sign up for Gamefly.

Anomander Rake

By the way, having our bedroom directly above the basement where the consoles are set up + the Sony Pulse headphones will make for some great lazy / sick in bed gaming!

Anomander Rake

Didnt need it. I own all the games I wanted to play on them. Now I have more of a reason + what's coming up in the next few months.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Can I just say -

Where in the FUCK is my grown-up version of Kid Icarus? Zelda? Metroid (beyond Prime)? Hell, even Ice Climbers?

It pisses me off how little Nintendo evolves - and how the titles are slow and far between, and never mature.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I got a Wii U for Christmas and I just blindly ordered Wonderful 101 based on the reviews here. Looking forward to playing some new games. I only have the 2D Mario - which is great, but it's not exactly next-gen gaming.

Crell_sl

shitlord
I got a Wii U around when it first came back, and ended up taking it back to Best Buy to get my money back. Once I beat Mario U or whatever it was, I had no real reason to keep it. But now with some more games out, I might look into one. Wasnt a huge Wind waker fan, but if a new adult version of Zelda comes out on it I'm sold.