Sierra

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. Fuck I'm getting old.

rrr_img_73147.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ideally, this would be:

1)Quest for Glory reboot using something like the Assassins Creed engine
2)Kings Quest reboot using the Skyrim engine
3)Police Quest reboot using the LA Noire engine

I would be thrilled with any 1 of those.

Or maybe a new Space Quest?

Excited to see what this is regardless. I grew up on Sierra games in the 80s, mostly because that was about the only game publisher whose games would consistently be compatible with my shitty Tandy 1000 computer from Radio Shack.

Mobile games for your phone and shitty tablet.
Unfortunately, that is probably closer to the truth. What are Ken and Roberta Williams up to nowadays? Are they even involved with this project?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Ideally, this would be:

1)Quest for Glory reboot using something like the Assassins Creed engine
2)Kings Quest reboot using the Skyrim engine
3)Police Quest reboot using the LA Noire engine

I would be thrilled with any 1 of those.

Or maybe a new Space Quest?

Excited to see what this is regardless. I grew up on Sierra games in the 80s, mostly because that was about the only game publisher whose games would consistently be compatible with my shitty Tandy 1000 computer from Radio Shack.
I can't help but be excited at any of those prospects. Although I'm sure disapointment will only come the thought of them doing a solid reboot of those franchises gives me a semi.

Ryanz

<Banned>
New kings quest where you have to type everything you want your character to do, or bust.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
That IP is owned by a fan of the game, and its under Norseman games. That guy doesnt know what to do with the IP, cause he should have tried a cash shop + free a long time ago.
Should be baller on a phone/tablet. It's perfect for it too lol

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately, that is probably closer to the truth. What are Ken and Roberta Williams up to nowadays? Are they even involved with this project?
According to the Kings Quest Wikipedia entry Roberta Williams was approached when Telltale games was going to make a Kings Quest game but she refused saying she was retired from game making. They've been outta game making since 1998 or so it seems.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I remember beating Kings Quest 2 by myself as a kid on a neighbors computer. Years later I played the KQ where you start off kidnapped by the wizard. I vaguely remember it was a *really* odd game, poorly designed too. If you didn't do something simple in the beginning, or you pet the cat wrong, you'd lose 10 hours later. That and they tried to fight people pirating the game by making you type in whole paragraphs from the manual. Fun! =\

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't Sierra games also have keywords used to actually unlock the game? Like open the manual turn to page 43, 4th sentence, 2nd word?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quest for Glory is the most reboot-able franchise by far. RPG + Action Elements, something like skyrim where how well you fight and solve "the story" depends on your skills.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Sierra games also have keywords used to actually unlock the game? Like open the manual turn to page 43, 4th sentence, 2nd word?
Pretty sure XCOM had that too. I know Star Control 2 would have you enter the star system at the coordinate it gave you.