Silicon Valley

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While it probably isn't important, I do wish they had subtitles during the Jin Yang & Investor talk during dinner. I'm sure there's a laugh in that as he's bashing Erlich.

Can someone find a link to the mandarin? I'll go ask my lady what they're saying.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
oh man when Erlich asked those VCs if anyone spoke mandarin, then started ping pong ching chonging directly to Jian Yang trying to get him to shut up and go with it, and he's all like "that is not mandarin"

Yeah that had me rolling. Erlich is proving to be one of the highlights of this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
oh man when Erlich asked those VCs if anyone spoke mandarin, then started ping pong ching chonging directly to Jian Yang trying to get him to shut up and go with it, and he's all like "that is not mandarin"

Ya I died when that happened. At first I was like 'wtf erlich actually speaks manderin'. lol

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
from reddit

Ed: Jian Yang 這個非常重要,你一定要給我們一個有利可圖的app。(Jian Yang, this is very important, you need to give us a profitable app.)
Jian: 沒有啊,我根本沒有做過demo啊!(No, I didn't do any demo at all.)
Ed: 沒有,為什麼?(No, why?)
Jian: 我想做的是一個章魚食譜。(What I want to do is octopus recipes.)
Ed: 章魚食譜?(Octopus recipes?)
Jian: 我聽得到的在這兒。I'm a big fat fucking asshole。(What I heard here is "I'm a big fat fucking asshole".)

also this episode continues to cement to me Richard is a complete fucking asshole. He just STEALS Peter's notebooks, which completely belong to the VC firm Laurie runs, and its a bit insane that Monica just lets him. She has abetted theft of her own companies intellectual property. Just because a dude is dead doesn't give you full access to all his ideas. I also really didn't understand why Monica steered SeeFood towards the chinese guy, like... if it blew up in his face, it would take probably YEARS. What kind of stupid ass plan is that.

Bighead is the man though, hope all those stanford CS students are learning lots from his amazing work experience. Like, always buy the biggest big gulp at 7-11, the volume/price ratio is insane.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
from reddit

I also really didn't understand why Monica steered SeeFood towards the chinese guy, like... if it blew up in his face, it would take probably YEARS. What kind of stupid ass plan is that.

The idea was that it would blow up in his face when they were supposed to provide a demo but didn't have one. As far as the Chinese guy knew, they had a demo ready to go on Monday for that other company, so presumably Laurie's VC firm would want to see the demo on Monday as well.

I hope at the end of the whole series Jian Yang sits atop Silicon Valley as king of apps related to water creatures.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Seems like you're the only one here who thinks so.
i was hoping he would explain how it did jump the shark, its pretty much in line with its usual crazy shit. the only bullshit was how monica continually jeopardizes her job by trusting richard (who is a massive tool) with no real consequences.

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
i was hoping he would explain how it did jump the shark, its pretty much in line with its usual crazy shit. the only bullshit was how monica continually jeopardizes her job by trusting richard (who is a massive tool) with no real consequences.

Monica is dumb. She could have easily fended off the Erlich job by telling Laurie "he doesnt have shit and the chingchang dude invested in nothing."

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

Now understanding that you have to suspend disbelief to an extent to really enjoy any TV show or movie, this episode was just cringe worthy.

#1 Dinesh totally fucks over Richard by reneging on his gentlemens agreement to share user stats and does it in the most asshole'ish way and everyone just sort of writes it off and just goes back to being chummy roomates.
#2 Dinesh is CIO for about a week and and gets so cocky he goes on TV and basically admits to steal Hooli chat. He also lies about submitting the terms and conditions to the app store thereby creating a situation where everyone in that house loses out on their shares of a potential billion dollar company. But after wards there are no lawsuits or ass kickings to be had everyone just goes back to being chummy roomates and are like "Guess were back to looking for work" instead of being like "motherfucker you cost me a chance at being a millionaire!"
#3 Bigheads dad who was such a hard ass protecting his son from Erlich being irresponsible is totally ok with the company CIO (who didn't even have a seat on the board) selling the only asset his son had left without even having a vote on the board?!? He is suddenly back to being "son you need to do something with your life"
#4 Monica's brillant plan that blew up in her face when the guy out smarted her simply by saying "I don't want this project anymore"
#5 Richard whining about wanting to see the notebooks of a dead venture capitalist and then Monica being like "Ok I will let someone not even with my company potentially harvest a trillion dollar idea from these notebooks, no worries"
#6 Richard getting the notebooks and seemingly only being happy about the fact that someone else had a similar idea thereby I guess validating he wasn't crazy? Although spinning around in a chair all faggoty because you were validated doesn't really prove it after all.
#6 Richard getting desperate and going to the one person who has done nothing but try and destroy you the whole time looking to get some sort of partnership going.

Episode was so bad I almost couldn't finish it. I used to love this show but man this season is weak as fuck and last night it jumped the shark. There was not a single situation where I could plausibly imagine any of these folks doing what they were doing after having been through what they had been through. When the best parts of the show involve Bighead you know you're in trouble.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doesn't basically Peter have all the pieces Richard needs? He said that Peter had it all worked out but didn't have a compression algorithm as the final component. Richard has the algorithm component and is missing a piece that presumably Peter's notes had. So basically Richard has the entire puzzle unlocked and he just needs the piece Gavin has to make it complete and make a potential trillion dollar idea come true. I don't understand how this is outrageous?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Now understanding that you have to suspend disbelief to an extent to really enjoy any TV show or movie, this episode was just cringe worthy.

#1 Dinesh totally fucks over Richard by reneging on his gentlemens agreement to share user stats and does it in the most asshole'ish way and everyone just sort of writes it off and just goes back to being chummy roomates.
#2 Dinesh is CIO for about a week and and gets so cocky he goes on TV and basically admits to steal Hooli chat. He also lies about submitting the terms and conditions to the app store thereby creating a situation where everyone in that house loses out on their shares of a potential billion dollar company. But after wards there are no lawsuits or ass kickings to be had everyone just goes back to being chummy roomates and are like "Guess were back to looking for work" instead of being like "motherfucker you cost me a chance at being a millionaire!"
#3 Bigheads dad who was such a hard ass protecting his son from Erlich being irresponsible is totally ok with the company CIO (who didn't even have a seat on the board) selling the only asset his son had left without even having a vote on the board?!? He is suddenly back to being "son you need to do something with your life"
#4 Monica's brillant plan that blew up in her face when the guy out smarted her simply by saying "I don't want this project anymore"
#5 Richard whining about wanting to see the notebooks of a dead venture capitalist and then Monica being like "Ok I will let someone not even with my company potentially harvest a trillion dollar idea from these notebooks, no worries"
#6 Richard getting the notebooks and seemingly only being happy about the fact that someone else had a similar idea thereby I guess validating he wasn't crazy? Although spinning around in a chair all faggoty because you were validated doesn't really prove it after all.
#6 Richard getting desperate and going to the one person who has done nothing but try and destroy you the whole time looking to get some sort of partnership going.

Episode was so bad I almost couldn't finish it. I used to love this show but man this season is weak as fuck and last night it jumped the shark. There was not a single situation where I could plausibly imagine any of these folks doing what they were doing after having been through what they had been through. When the best parts of the show involve Bighead you know you're in trouble.
in a normal world that would be insanity. in this world. bachman can beat the shit out of a bunch of neighborhood kids and nothing happens. dont overthing it too much.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Did you not watch the first three seasons or something?

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
in a normal world that would be insanity. in this world. bachman can beat the shit out of a bunch of neighborhood kids and nothing happens. dont overthing it too much.

As I said there is a normal level of suspension of disbelief I offer. The previous seasons insanity was at least entertaining. This shit was just dumb.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't basically Peter have all the pieces Richard needs? He said that Peter had it all worked out but didn't have a compression algorithm as the final component. Richard has the algorithm component and is missing a piece that presumably Peter's notes had. So basically Richard has the entire puzzle unlocked and he just needs the piece Gavin has to make it complete and make a potential trillion dollar idea come true. I don't understand how this is outrageous?

Right because a company that is based solely off making money is going to just hand over a trillion dollar idea to someone who was stuck. He even says "these notebook are gonna save me months". Well if thats the case wouldn't Revega own 50% of Richards new idea since all of Peter Gregorys ideas are their IP? Thats just some dumb shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Right because a company that is based solely off making money is going to just hand over a trillion dollar idea to someone who was stuck. He even says "these notebook are gonna save me months". Well if thats the case wouldn't Revega own 50% of Richards new idea since all of Peter Gregorys ideas are their IP? Thats just some dumb shit.

Revega is probably the guaranteed partner for Richard's new idea so that means that Revega helping Richard is Revega helping Revega. And the Gavin plot is obviously the next 4 episodes song and dance. "I'll give you this patent if you help me do X to Y" *Hi-jinks Ensue*. This is how TV works.

• 1Like