SimCity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried to get into my existing city for hours last night, was unsuccessful. It is entirely possible that I'm remembering things being better than they actually were, but I seem to think that I was able to play Diablo III more than 3 hours the first week. And I thought that was the ultimate in shitty always-online launches. This seems vastly worse to me. Or am I just remembering wrong?
No, this launch is worse than Diablo III's by far.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
One of the reviews I read said something along the lines of "uncooperative players can really fuck with you and screw with your plans". How true is that? If Keg goes berserk and really finds a way to fuck with you all, he can? What about a guy that does not actively try to fuck with the region but just does his own thing - does that limit the goals you can achieve?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bahaha, got my refund from Amazon - MONEY IS ALREADY BACK IN MY ACCT - and I'm playing right now. Fucked up servers FTW?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I would get a refund except that...

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/st...84107976634368

Fuckin EA man. I haven't even played the game. I bought it on Monday or Tuesday and every single night I haven't been able to play. This will be the last time in the foreseeable future that I buy a game via download, that's for fucking sure.
What a crock of shit. With everything being centralized and controlled by origin they have all the power to revoke a key and remove the game from your account.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
Has anyone successfully made a great work or like a full industrial town with only commuting workers or are the servers not allowing any region stuff

No, no, you don't get it see. This is Electronic Arts. Your crazy notions of only having to sign in one time on their system to play their games is madness in their world.
Lol, I remember the roughly four accounts I had to create for SWTOR. One for Origin. One for SWTOR. Then another one again for SWTOR when they tried to migrate it to an EA account but it got fucked up. Then another when tech support was useless and just ended up merging all the accounts into a final all-encompassing EA account.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
welp our region on europe east 2 or whatever got completely hosed. We started a new one on us east 3. Come into irc if you want to hook up.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The intersection logic has given me AIDS. I deleted most of my cross streets and now traffic flows okay. What the fuck.

Araxen

The intersection logic has given me AIDS. I deleted most of my cross streets and now traffic flows okay. What the fuck.
Very shitty AI. I'm sure the devs will play it off with the excuse, "well Sims aren't the smartest humans in the world" or some other stupid excuse to code the AI poorly.

Araxen

Free Dragon Age II for all!!

http://www.ea.com/news/a-simcity-upd...r-your-trouble

Something Special for Your Trouble

The good news is that SimCity is a solid hit in all major markets. The consensus among critics and players is that this is fundamentally a great game. But this SimCity is made to be played online, and if you can't get a stable connection, you're NOT having a good experience. So we're not going to rest until we've fixed the remaining server issues.

And to get us back in your good graces, we're going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.

I know that's a little contrived - kind of like buying a present for a friend after you did something crummy. But we feel bad about what happened. We're hoping you won't stay mad and that we'll be friends again when SimCity is running at 100 percent.

SimCity is a GREAT game and the people who made it are incredibly proud. Hang in there - we'll be providing more updates throughout the weekend.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Very shitty AI. I'm sure the devs will play it off with the excuse, "well Sims aren't the smartest humans in the world" or some other stupid excuse to code the AI poorly.
Here's what I did as a traffic test on a "small" city... deliberately only settled a small part of the map...

Traffic actually flows decently through this.

rrr_img_16755.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire
Certainly interesting Cad. I was debating messing with a huge ass traffic circle myself, although the amount of space lost by having it may not be worth it. Haven't tried it yet though.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I don't understand how to get an oil refinery. I've got 2 dense oil fields going with maxed pumpjacks. 3 trade depots. But I can't get above 1/3 the petroleum sales requirement to upgrade the petroleum HQ. What am I doing wrong? Same applies for the metal HQ - can't sell enough shit to upgrade it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So no regional trading (private regions only?) means no specialized cities.. Whoope I need to build everything in every city in this tiny space. No I am not upset at all. Not one tiny bit.

rrr_img_16757.gif