SimCity

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I'm playing now. Currently alt-tabbed (though don't even know if the game progresses like that) because I'm making 10k an hour and have all my logistics worked out, now I have a couple hundred thousand worth of upgrades and new things to put in, and there's nothing to do but wait for the cash to roll in. So dumb

What a sad situation all around. I've been playing SimCity since SC2000 and have been eagerly anticipating a new game for years. But as the info rolled out my enthusiasm just deflated into nothing. Even without all this broken always-online DRM stuff; the game just didn't evolve and modernize itself like I was expecting. Zoning densities still tied to road capacity. No mixed-use zoning at all. City sizes which are just too small. And just overall Maxis building a SIM-city game and not a sim-CITY game. Glad some of you are enjoying it, but this was a huge disappointment for me.

Goonsquad Officer
yea the city size is wreched. I THOUGHT i was playing for a little while there. but then i stopped getting money and my menu's stopped working right. I'd gotten disconnected. I hope it saved my city!

so how is the latest citys XL game anyway?
smile.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
..._sl said:
so how is the latest citys XL game anyway?
Gameplay is shallow as hell, but the city building tools are alright I guess. Don't expect anything different if you played the MMO version or any others. They just keep releasing it even though there's essentially zero new content. Still leaks memory like a sieve.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really does not have anything to do with SimCity, like you said but

Is the kind of thing that I think warrants bitching about Origin in any thread even remotely related to EA.
Don't believe everything you read.

And I believe chargebacks are heavily frowned upon by any company and might get you barred from doing business with them ever again.

Zoning densities still tied to road capacity. .
I agree with they went more sim based game, but the above I think should stay. Would make no sense to have a huge skyscraper or hotel on a dirt road or tiny 2 lane road.

Geaux_sl

shitlord
so is there any downside to bulldozing the highway connection, disabling all transportation buildings/schools, and turning taxes to 20 while profiting from people who hate you but cant leave?

fucked up my road layouts and did this at about only 30k pop. before everyone slowly died off i had 3 mil. this was before the cheetah nerf tho but it set me so far ahead after bulldozing everything and starting over. had some ground pollution when i "restarted" but trees seem to quickly get rid of that.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
March 4:
When you get in the game add Faillees (Faille) and jimmyw404 (Tuco) to your origin buddy list and ask us for an invite to the map. It might get full or whatever in which case I'll update the OP or we'll make another one.

March 7: Intropy Guide for Crying Noobs is on Page 15 (40 posts per page), or post #562

Pro-Tip Spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0
Connection to irc://rizon.net/ (irc://rizon.net/) refused. [Help] Reconnecting in 15 seconds. [Cancel] ? Working or am I doing something wrong.

Got it had to do irc.rizon.net

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh, trying to log on for an hour. Fuck it, guess I'll play PoE or something. Anyone know if Amazon is actually refunding the purchase? I can wait for a torrent at this rate and play it on my own terms.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Amazon will refund it if you downloaded it, or maybe that's EA... or both.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Hat/Agraza hook me up with an invite to the region please. Just logging in for the first time.

Origin : FlightXXXX

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hat/Agraza hook me up with an invite to the region please. Just logging in for the first time.

Origin : FlightXXXX

(Euro East 2 full atm. Going to Euro West 4 to screw around till I get hooked up with folk).
best way to get hooked up with us is to join irc. Right now everything is very disorganized so it's hard to get everyone on a region. We're all just happy anytime we can actually play,l ol.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Llama speed kills it. Takes forever to do anything now. Gay.

Rasmol_sl

shitlord
If you even get that far. It amazes me that a big company like EA and only 4 servers for north America.
Europe gets 6 servers, how does that math work out?
I am probably missing something, if so correct me