Six Feet Under

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Six Feet Under

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2001-06-03

Creator: Alan Ball

Cast: Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Freddy Rodríguez, Mathew St. Patrick, Rachel Griffiths, Justina Machado, James Cromwell, Tina Holmes

Overview: A darkly comic look at members of a dysfunctional L.A. family that run a funeral business.  When death is your business, what is your life? For the Fisher family, the world outside of their family-owned funeral home continues to be at least as challenging as--and far less predictable than--the one inside.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm surprised there's no thread on this show after all the hype it gets around here. I just started watching this and I'm 4-5 episodes in. I'm hooked. This show is fantastic. Does it keep up this high quality throughout? The acting is A+ and I'm surprised how funny it is.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I fucking suck at making movie/TV threads. I used the wrong fucking site. Fail.

Amod Amod please fix

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
tt0248654 was an ok show for like 2 seasons but no match to the behemoth that was tt0306414

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised there's no thread on this show after all the hype it gets around here. I just started watching this and I'm 4-5 episodes in. I'm hooked. This show is fantastic. Does it keep up this high quality throughout? The acting is A+ and I'm surprised how funny it is.
Been a while since I watched, but remember it being pretty solid throughout.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved this show. One of the best endings ever.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There were some dumb subplots but it was a great series overall and the ending does not disappoint.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It definitely doesn't keep up the quality from the first couple seasons, but it never gets too terrible and it ends well. When it comes to Michael C. Hall shows, they both went downhill, but 6 feet under never got close to as bad as Dexter in the late seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well that sucks to hear. Dexter is evidence submission A for shows that start great and tank horrifically. Any comparison to Dexter in that regard is the worst thing you could say about a show.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Well that sucks to hear. Dexter is evidence submission A for shows that start great and tank horrifically. Any comparison to Dexter in that regard is the worst thing you could say about a show.
Six Feet Under does not get remotely as bad as Dexter did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Six Feet Under does not get remotely as bad as Dexter did.

No, definitely not. I felt like they sort of ran out of ideas for a while, but it was never a bad show. It's also been 10 years since I watched so who knows if I would even agree with myself now.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it was still good, just not as good as the first two or three seasons.

Dexter, meanwhile, was good and turned to shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So...I never watched this. It's gay undertakers? What....what's the plot and appeal? Is it The Wire good somehow?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It's a character driven show. One of the characters is gay, but the show is about the entire family. It is good, but I'm a much bigger fan of The Wire. Two completely different shows, though.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Way less gunfights than The Wire. The premise is that each episode starts with someone dying and then it just gets into all the shit that surrounds someone dying and having to deal with your family and whatnot and then also the funeral home is a multi-generational family business so you have drama within those relationships. It's kind of hard to describe but it is very compelling if you're the type that can get into a show that is more character driven.

When I watched it my Dad had just died and we were dealing with the future of the family business so I related to it very strongly.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database