Skull and Bones - Feb 16th 2024 Release Date

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I upgraded to a level 5 ship - Bombadier and some weapons to level 3 and was blasting shit all over. (Had to get resources in East Indies and almost died 56 times). But went over that way now that I got passed one of the story missions in the main quest with the upgraded and some of these forts are damn near one shotting me. Basically need to find more blue prints, get more resources, get more silver, and get better armor and such and back to the same gameplay again. Nothing really knew except a change of colors to Dutch ships from French. Come to find the end game is just running heroin and booze and crafting it takes like 39 fucking minutes. 😂 meh. I’ll probably try one or two more times but going to try something else for a few days.

Game overall seems very un-tuned. Level 6 story quest and I’m in a level 7 ship (with upgrades) and a fort I need to take over damn near one shots my shit. I suppose that’s one way to lengthen a 5 hour main story run. 😂
If you do the Ubisoft+ shit does it unlock access on the Epic version as well or do you have to use Ubisoft's atrocious app?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like I said the same thing in the Diablo thread before it came out and angry nerds yelled at me about how "that's how much games should cost now."

Long as you get your 40 hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you do the Ubisoft+ shit does it unlock access on the Epic version as well or do you have to use Ubisoft's atrocious app?

As far as I know you have to use their app.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I skipped through the review video "don't be put off by needing a SSD" who doesn't have a SSD?

• 1Worf

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Reminder of the progress that has been made in a decade...

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Reminder of the progress that has been made in a decade...

I see this time and time again, like comparing Arkham Knights to , well I can't even remember the title it was so bland looking but it too came out a dozen years later.

How does this keep happening, are we losing that many veteran game developers?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah. I upgraded to a level 5 ship - Bombadier and some weapons to level 3 and was blasting shit all over. (Had to get resources in East Indies and almost died 56 times). But went over that way now that I got passed one of the story missions in the main quest with the upgraded and some of these forts are damn near one shotting me. Basically need to find more blue prints, get more resources, get more silver, and get better armor and such and back to the same gameplay again. Nothing really knew except a change of colors to Dutch ships from French. Come to find the end game is just running heroin and booze and crafting it takes like 39 fucking minutes. 😂 meh. I’ll probably try one or two more times but going to try something else for a few days.

Game overall seems very un-tuned. Level 6 story quest and I’m in a level 7 ship (with upgrades) and a fort I need to take over damn near one shots my shit. I suppose that’s one way to lengthen a 5 hour main story run. 😂

What fort? With the exception of the lvl 15, you should be able to take them solo. I can help if you need.

Games okay for me, admittedly I just enjoy sailing around, blowing up ships and farming. I did that for hours on end in single-player Blackflag so doing it here isn't an issue for me, I find it relaxing.

I hit Kingpin 19 today, farmed up enough Pieces of 8 to get the Firebombard III and now I am rolling with 4 of those. The hostile takeover stuff seems buggy, I did it twice today and nothing happened after I took the fort each time.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Tarrant Tarrant Utnayan Utnayan
I put a bit more time into this and had some sembalance of fun finally but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. I'm more or less just short of where Utnayan Utnayan was gonna check out. Story wise I've just headed to the East (Taurnakel Parjuranlkel - best effort here) but I've got a level 5 sloop with some OK guns I've found including Scurlocks reward. I'm like barely 5 ship level wise which is where I think I've gotta be fucking up. My pirate level is Corsair or the one after it, so I've slain some ships. I've got some 160 armor and I've tried to pick up any blueprint and do any contract that awarded blueprints. Done initial 3 Helm missions, have like 100+ grog no one wants to buy and unlocked the opium den.

I'm assuming my best path forward is to build the bombadier ship (already own the blueprint, I just bought it flat out and then realized I have zero of the mats (derp.)

Is the best path forward to actually get my ship level up to do side contracts for blueprints / buy them randomly / MSQ?

Level 5 ship in the East Indies seems like I'm gonna get wrecked from my initial journey there. I didn't die but I had plenty of high level shit on me and even named privateers in the Red Isles could shit on me if they got the jump.

Just in case its relevant, I spent almost no time on the coast of Africa.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tarrant Tarrant Utnayan Utnayan
I put a bit more time into this and had some sembalance of fun finally but I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. I'm more or less just short of where Utnayan Utnayan was gonna check out. Story wise I've just headed to the East (Taurnakel Parjuranlkel - best effort here) but I've got a level 5 sloop with some OK guns I've found including Scurlocks reward. I'm like barely 5 ship level wise which is where I think I've gotta be fucking up. My pirate level is Corsair or the one after it, so I've slain some ships. I've got some 160 armor and I've tried to pick up any blueprint and do any contract that awarded blueprints. Done initial 3 Helm missions, have like 100+ grog no one wants to buy and unlocked the opium den.

I'm assuming my best path forward is to build the bombadier ship (already own the blueprint, I just bought it flat out and then realized I have zero of the mats (derp.)

Is the best path forward to actually get my ship level up to do side contracts for blueprints / buy them randomly / MSQ?

Level 5 ship in the East Indies seems like I'm gonna get wrecked from my initial journey there. I didn't die but I had plenty of high level shit on me and even named privateers in the Red Isles could shit on me if they got the jump.

Just in case its relevant, I spent almost no time on the coast of Africa.
Coast of Africa would be the area that is typically next in terms of where you are level wise. I did the same as you though and went East.

the area over there is going to be 6-10. I stayed in my fire ship until I got the Brigatine, I did however craft level relevant weapons. Where I you, that’s what I’d do. Track what level recipes you need, get them and then just sail to ports of production buy the supplies you need and get your weapons.

If you have the best weapons you can get for your captain level, head back and go to the Coast of Africa and wreck ships and ports until you level, it goes pretty quick. Alternatively, I can make weapons for you if you need, but as I said, ranking up is pretty quick if that’s the issue.

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Between this and Suicide Squad, I think we're finally realizing the consequences of DEI within the industry. Everyone who was competent was either pushed out, left to do their own thing as an indie studio, or moved into fintech for job security and money. At least we have diversity, though.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see this time and time again, like comparing Arkham Knights to , well I can't even remember the title it was so bland looking but it too came out a dozen years later.

How does this keep happening, are we losing that many veteran game developers?
It's because people keep buying this shit and supporting lazy developers.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Between this and Suicide Squad, I think we're finally realizing the consequences of DEI within the industry. Everyone who was competent was either pushed out, left to do their own thing as an indie studio, or moved into fintech for job security and money. At least we have diversity, though.

🤡

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gotta be extra rough for a company like Ubisoft that had almost no talent to begin with. I kind of doubt there's much D, E, or I going on in a studio based in Singapore, but I'm sure the western offices did enough meddling to make sure they couldn't just get the job done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
did a lot of PvP today, took over 8 ports and had a good time. Racked up a decent amount of PvP currency pretty quickly as well. Lost only once to a guy who had a set up specifically counter to my own. He sank after the port was taken due to dots so at least I had that satisfaction. Lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm so glad I've stopped listening to gaming opinions around the internet and on this forum. You autists literally can't allow yourself to have fun if social media tells you it's against the rules because of "X" or "Y" ideological reason.

My buddy and I have been having a blast with this. It's just fun and the water/cloud/weather system in this game is probably the best I've seen to-date. Insanely gorgeous. The game could have two black females put on strapons and rail each other's anus'. And just like BG3, I'll either ignore it or just kill said fags in-game. As long as the gameplay is fun, why the fuck would you let stupid bullshit ruin an experience? I'd have missed out on one of the greatest gaming experiences in the past 20 years if I listened to FoH's retarded takes on BG3 being "woke".

• 2NPC
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’ve put more time into this game than many recently. I just hit Kingpin 20 and have almost the whole starting areas ports taken in hostile takeovers. PvP has been fun and often times hectic as hell (fun). I wagered the helm to double my payload of pieces of 8 and had to fight off slews of pirates and players to get to the port I needed too.

I love this stuff.