Skull and Bones - Feb 16th 2024 Release Date

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm so glad I've stopped listening to gaming opinions around the internet and on this forum. You autists literally can't allow yourself to have fun if social media tells you it's against the rules because of "X" or "Y" ideological reason.

My buddy and I have been having a blast with this. It's just fun and the water/cloud/weather system in this game is probably the best I've seen to-date. Insanely gorgeous. The game could have two black females put on strapons and rail each other's anus'. And just like BG3, I'll either ignore it or just kill said fags in-game. As long as the gameplay is fun, why the fuck would you let stupid bullshit ruin an experience? I'd have missed out on one of the greatest gaming experiences in the past 20 years if I listened to FoH's retarded takes on BG3 being "woke".

This game is absolute trash for the amount of time it was in development. You can cope about it all you want but it is objectively a downgrade from games made in the early stages of a previous generations life cycle. I'm glad you're having fun now, but the fun will run out in about 2 weeks once you realize the game is repetitive non-sense and has no replay enjoyable replay value outside of min-maxing some dumb grind a la WOW flying faction or Destiny 2 dailies or Division 2 stat farming. At the end of the day, people like you are the reason these kinds of shitty cash grab games are even still made because Ubisoft knows that a fool and his money are soon parted. Exercise some self-restraint an don't be such a good little consoomer next time.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, WoW and Destiny are wildly successful games. Pick worse examples.

as I’ve said from the beginning, the game is geared towards a specific audience, I enjoy farming. It’s relaxing for me after a day of seeing and dealing with some of the worst people you’ll ever have the chance to come across.

This game is that. It’s PvP is also fun (to me) and I’m looking forward to multiple things that are in the road map which starts releasing its content soon.

if you don’t like the fact that I like it, buy me games you’d like me to play and I’ll try them instead. Until then…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

This game is absolute trash for the amount of time it was in development. You can cope about it all you want but it is objectively a downgrade from games made in the early stages of a previous generations life cycle. I'm glad you're having fun now, but the fun will run out in about 2 weeks once you realize the game is repetitive non-sense and has no replay enjoyable replay value outside of min-maxing some dumb grind a la WOW flying faction or Destiny 2 dailies or Division 2 stat farming. At the end of the day, people like you are the reason these kinds of shitty cash grab games are even still made because Ubisoft knows that a fool and his money are soon parted. Exercise some self-restraint an don't be such a good little consoomer next time.
Man that makes me want to play Black Flag. What a game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

If you want to play on PC, you'll need to download a mod to do so. In order to get past the "Kenways Fleet" quest you have to connect to Ubi's PC servers for the game, which don't exist anymore. So you just get a blue screen when you try now, you cant get out of it and you can't progress in the game beyond it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It’s relaxing for me after a day of seeing and dealing with some of the worst people you’ll ever have the chance to come across.
I thought you weren't amod anymore.

Comparing a mmo type game and a single player game is always apple and oranges. You're rendering the whole fucking world and everyone else in it and everything they're doing. Games like that are basically DVD's with some QTE action scenes and some limited actual free fighting. I'm not saying AAAA Skull and Bones gets a pass, but there's a billion other MMO's in the last 5 years that have looked WAY better than this and they should really use those. Just because iS a PiRaTe GaMe 2!!!!! isn't the best reason to compare it. They really want to shit on Ubisoft they should just throw in comparisons of Sea of Thieves which is a much more basic game that has some incredible graphics in weird places (their water dynamics) and much better ship interaction. It's also a multiplayer game unlike AC which is as close to a DVD game as you can get apart from shit like Becoming Human and Alan Wake.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I never played Black Flag, but it's a pretty big apples to oranges comparison just based on the fact that one is single-player and the other is an MMO-lite. Admittedly, all the "ground" stuff in this is pretty "meh". Character facial/hair models aren't the best, the movement is weird/janky at times, and the performance is pretty bad. The animations are decent though. Anything involving boats is a completely different story, however, and the best I've seen in a game to-date. The water mechanics alone shit all over games like World of Warships.

But, I appreciate your advice. Any other life tips? I'm learning a lot about myself through you, about what I should/shouldn't enjoy, when I should enjoy it, and when I'll stop enjoying it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any other life tips? I'm learning a lot about myself through you, about what I should/shouldn't enjoy, when I should enjoy it, and when I'll stop enjoying it.
Well considering your avatar history it probably would be best if you weren't making your own decisions.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I thought you weren't amod anymore.

Comparing a mmo type game and a single player game is always apple and oranges. You're rendering the whole fucking world and everyone else in it and everything they're doing. Games like that are basically DVD's with some QTE action scenes and some limited actual free fighting. I'm not saying AAAA Skull and Bones gets a pass, but there's a billion other MMO's in the last 5 years that have looked WAY better than this and they should really use those. Just because iS a PiRaTe GaMe 2!!!!! isn't the best reason to compare it. They really want to shit on Ubisoft they should just throw in comparisons of Sea of Thieves which is a much more basic game that has some incredible graphics in weird places (their water dynamics) and much better ship interaction. It's also a multiplayer game unlike AC which is as close to a DVD game as you can get apart from shit like Becoming Human and Alan Wake.

I’m not amod good sir, I am am Prior amod.

and I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said here.

edit: fuck me, an hour later I realized what you were getting at with that comment. JFC I’m dumb

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The apples and oranges argument would be perfectly valid if it wasn't 11 years after the source material. The reason the game doesn't have polished movement, proper ship/land transversal, face animations, etc isn't because its multiplayer. It doesn't have any of that shit because the game is put together with bubble gum and scotch tape.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well considering your avatar history it probably would be best if you weren't making your own decisions.
Dude, don't get mad at me because I just so happen to be a lifelong fan of a team of destiny about to go on a 3peat.

• 2Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The apples and oranges argument would be perfectly valid if it wasn't 11 years after the source material. The reason the game doesn't have polished movement, proper ship/land transversal, face animations, etc isn't because it’s multiplayer. It doesn't have any of that shit because the game is put together with bubble gum and scotch tape.

as far as movement goes, it’s the same as it is in Black Flag and other AC games really. Not saying the other things mentioned don’t have merit, but movement has always been wonky in those games.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Black Flag really is one of the all-time great games. I've never played Sea of Thieves or other pirate-type games (but have played a LOT of Archeage!) but I'm a little disappointed that naval combat isn't a more popular gameplay element in games.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Sea of Thieves is fun but I quickly lose interest in their entirely cosmetic “progression” system. That’s a big appeal to some, complete opposite for me.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I started a replay of Black Flag back in December, still going strong, although I've gotten busy the last few weeks and haven't played lately. Playing it on the PS4 upstairs. Ubi server still up, no issues playing it. I think it's free if you have the right plus subscription.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sea of Thieves is fun but I quickly lose interest in their entirely cosmetic “progression” system. That’s a big appeal to some, complete opposite for me.
That was my issue with it as well. It’s fun enough, but no gear progression (even a little would be nice) made me lose interest. Maybe if they put in a ranking system of some sort it woulda been better?