Skyrim

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just finished modding this again. The community is still doing great work on this game. Here are several of the best modders imo.

1. simonmagus616 - Here you can find the "Simonrim" suite of mods. Each of his mods is focused on one part of the game and slightly overhauls it in a vanilla+ style. Improves what Bethesda did without dramatically changing the game. It still feels like Skyrim, just better. Each mod can be used alone but they're best together. I use this as a foundation and add smaller tweaks on top.

He's currently working on these overhauls:

• Gourmet, a cooking overhaul
  • Artificer, an artifact (unique items) overhaul
  • Candlehearth, an inn overhaul
  • Starfrost, a lightweight survival overhaul
  • Crusader, a leveling overhaul (it'll be a profile for the Skill Uncapper mod)

Some of DeltaRider and Ooreeoo's mods were designed with Simonrim in mind and compliment it very well.

2. Arthmoor - He still has the essential USSEP on Nexus, but he took most of his mods to his own site. A lot of gameplay tweaks and additional locations that feel vanilla. Open Cities still works well as long as you don't add mods that fundamentally change the major cities (like JK's Skyrim which is a compatibility nightmare).

3. powerofthree - More gameplay tweaks and immersion mods. He also has some important utility mods that other mods rely on. Seasons of Skyrim is his work. I followed this guide and now Skyrim has seasons!

4. Ershin - I consider True Directional Movement, TrueHUD, and Precision essential now. These always get added to my modlist.

5. doodlum - Has a lot of graphics upgrades and immersion mods. Community Shaders and its addons is the big one. Now you can get Skyrim close to modern graphics without having to use an ENB. Add Obsidian Weathers, Mists of Tamriel, Relighting Skyrim, Ambiance, and throw a Reshade like NOLVUS on top and Skyrim can look really good.

6. wSkeever - A lot of gameplay, immersion, and graphic fixes.

7. jayserpa - A lot of gameplay, immersion, quest expansions, and animation mods. He has a series that adds hundreds of additional voice lines to NPC, all spliced from vanilla lines so it sounds natural.

This game is over a decade old but amazing modders like these keep it fresh.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_7999.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users