SLC, UTAH

kudos

<Banned>
I have to go here for 2 weeks for work. What is there to do other than hiking/rafting? Good places to eat? I'd love to fuck some of the hot mormon girls but I doubt that will happen. So far the only place I've found that is a must try is called Spitz or something and it's some kinda Mediterranean food.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A really good friend of mine lived in SLC for a couple years and I loved visiting. So close to excellent skiing. I think it's already started snowing in the mountains, but I highly doubt there is enough for any resorts to open yet.

My favorite restaurant by far is The Copper Onion. You should go multiple times because it's great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Another solid breakfast spot is Pig and a Jelly Jar. Worth a visit. My friend always hyped up R&R BBQ but I never made the trip.

For beer, the best spot is Beerhive. Utah has fucked up laws when it comes to alcohol limits for beers on tap, so you need to go to places with insane bottle selections. The bar has a massive strip of ice so you can keep your bottle cold. Helps for those beers over 350mL.

If you're into cocktails, I really enjoyed Bourbon House. Didn't try the food though. It's probably worth the drive to Park City to visit High West as well. Excellent rye whiskey. It's also a very scenic drive.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea...mormons here, outside of some rare exceptions, do not date or associated with non-mormons. Just the nature of the beast. There are a ton of Aryan chix all over though.

I'm currently over in Park City, which about a 45 minute drive from Salt Lake. If you have time I'd some come up here. Short story is that it's a rich, snobby, ski town, but it does have a cool main street with some good bars and restaurants. Chimayo there is fantastic, but expect to pay rich ski-town prices. No Name Saloon is the most popular late night bar and drinking spot, but a little shitty dive-bar next door O'Shucks is where you can find me hanging out many days. Not sure when your 2 weeks are, but ski-season may be in swing, if not try renting a bike.

This place is "in" Salt Lake too, Log Haven - Utah's Best Restaurant, Wedding and Reception Venue great food, a bit higher class. Otherwise most of what I know is small divey places. Alex recommendations are good though I don't get in to Salt Lake much, may actually have to try that Pig in a Jelly Jar thing. Also on my list there:

Keys on Main: Nightlife. It's a dueling piano bar where the artists play for money. So if I put on Justin Bieber for 20$, 21$ makes the pain stop. Gimmicky but draws all ages and it is actually a fun, rowdy, and lively environment.
Brewvies: A movie theater that serves beer and food. Probably nothing insanely special about this place though I support it because the mormons try to shut it down every 2 fucking weeks because of the movies they show. Has little dive bar attached.
Beer bar: lots of good beer, open hall style place. Never been at crazy hours of the night but loved the beer selection and specialty dogs/burgers, Welcome