Smartphones

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely regret buying on contract before - figured it was the smart way with such a big expense, but it's really not worth it.... (although Nexus 4/5 being affordably priced at launch has skewed my view obviously)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my wife got the 5C yesterday and her old phone was an iPhone 4, same as mine. Her phone is newer and both buttons work (my buttons are shitty and don't really work that well at all). Can I just wipe her phone, backup mine to the cloud, wipe my phone, then restore my cloud backup to her phone and be good to go? I probably need to swap SIM cards too, right?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goddamnit Google, why has my order been "pending" since Friday. You seemed to charge my card just fine, why phone no ship =(

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
His mini USB port on the phone is bad, not the charger itself..
Yes.

Now that I think about it I should really try to make it through the next two months and then make them send me another warranty replacement right before I upgrade so I can ebay a brand new Galaxy Nexus to pay for my new phone.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am getting a wireless charger for the nexus 5, there is some neat batterypack/wireless thingy that will likely get me arrested in airports and or blow up and take my leg off but it will be cool! I just have to find it again.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The fucking charging plug on my Galaxy Nexus is going bad again. This is the third one of these god damn phones I have had and this one is only like 3 months old. I have an upgrade in January and I can't wait to get rid of this fucking thing.
happened to me constantly, had numerous phones replaced by my insurance until finally I told them to just give me its cash value so I could get a nexus 4

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I just installed 4.4 on my Nexus 4. It's a huge improvement on the same level of ICS (especially the font).
Is there any way to force or download the update? I've checked in my device settings for system updates and it keeps coming back that it's up to date.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Is there any way to force or download the update? I've checked in my device settings for system updates and it keeps coming back that it's up to date.
If you want the update OTA you just have to wait. Otherwise you can download and load it yourself pretty easily. XDA will be more helpful than I on doing that though
wink.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ugh, YOU COME NOW UPS DRIVER!!! The wait!!! Of course gonna have to fucking wait for the Tmobile SIM card too.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Can't you put your old sim card into the N5 and use that until the TMo one arrives?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Damnit, I was using that to patch the cell phone hole situated over my house.

I currently use the csipsimple app to dial out through PBXes.org and then from there to gvoice. Traverse that in reverse if anyone calls me. So if I understand this correctly, csipsimple <->PBXes.org will still work fine, but PBXes.org <-> gvoice won't? Makes sense because PBXes.org's interface to gvoice was down about a month ago when some changes to Hangouts went live.

What I don't get is how this effectively stops what I want to do(free VOIP calling). If it gets integrated with Hangouts, can't I just use Hangouts to make and receive any gvoice calls? I mean, that's essentially how grooveip works now via the gtalk interface, no? It will kinda suck though if Google doesn't beef up the codec support in gvoice. There was frequent packet loss when I tried grooveip on even good wifi connections.