Smartphones

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Battery charging and discharging is logarithmic. Well, actually it's essentially 1/RC, but the graph shapes are very similar and I'm blanking on the adjective for 1/RC.
The discharge rate has nothing to do with a dumb display of it. That's why volume knobs using linear tapers are fucking stupid so they don't use them because it's not intuitive to use. The G4 does this as well it seems to be a direct display instead of a 'usable mAh approximation'

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have a Note 3 and I absolutely love this phone. Can't wait for the new one. Gonna pick it up. It's time since this one is slowly taking a dive.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
usb3 micro + extra Samsung proprietary bit on the left
It's not, that two prong thing is also on my external USB3 hard drive. It's for faster data transfer, nothing to do with Samsung specific anything, nor charge rates.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Cable - A Male to Micro B - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters): Computers Accessories

rrr_img_100024.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's not, that two prong thing is also on my external USB3 hard drive. It's for faster data transfer, nothing to do with Samsung specific anything, nor charge rates.

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB 3.0 Cable - A Male to Micro B - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters): Computers Accessories

rrr_img_100024.jpg
It almost has to have something to do with charge rates, because using that cord charges my Note about 3-4x faster than using a standard Micro USB cable(both plugged into the same wall/outlet charger)

Siliconemelons

Wow, I didn't realize they had moved to a new USB 3 micro housing. My only USB 3 devices are all standard sized.
There are USB 2's like that.. its power related... usual found in external harddrives before a lot of SSDs and low power 2.5" you would find a mini(double) like that- and the on the other end two standard USB - one usually being normal color and the other some other color- one was just for added power and the other was data and power. USB3 ports I believe push out more power than the others.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You would have faster charging if you used a wall charger.
here
usb2 is .5A
usb3 is .9A (many just say 1A) yea if you're using a usb3 port w/ a usb3 cable you're making it charge at .9A instead of .5A

however most wall chargers(that DO NOT cost 1$) normally charge at 2.1A (car chargers do about the same too)

Remember when the ipad first came out, and ppl were wondering why it didn't charge if you connected it to a computer?, it was too low, that's why you HAVE to use wall chargers, and that's why ipad chargers are more expensive, cuz they'll do 2.1A (you're vanilla wall charger you get for free from verizon or att or whatever will do 1A most likely)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I notice my wall chargers scream compared to standard usb 2.0. Its not even a contest. We have them spread throughout the house, bedroom, kitchen, living room. Fucking kids and all their cell phones and devices too, lol.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that has been absolute dogshit since the Lollipop upgrade. Everything runs incredibly slow. Apps take forever to open and load. Deleting texts just hangs for quite a while. Anyone have any experience with this or know a fix?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
My Nexus 10 tablet had been running like shit for a long time, and doing a factory reset and clearing the cache from within the settings menu didn't really do much, although they did seem to help to some extent. But then after some Googling I found some suggestions to go ahead and clear/format the cache partition entirely. After doing that it's much snappier, although it still feels pretty slow when loading web pages and the like, but that's in comparison to a shiny new S6. But it hasn't been crashing nearly as much, or failing to even load web pages at all, like it had previously. The improvement was enough to make me re-consider buying a new Tab S2 when they come out later this month.

Makes me wonder if I upgraded my Nexus 4 unnecessarily when I got the S6. It had started to get a bit wonky as well. Although that extended to things that shouldn't have been affected by cache, like occasionally when making or receiving phone calls people wouldn't be able to hear me, for no apparent reason.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that has been absolute dogshit since the Lollipop upgrade. Everything runs incredibly slow. Apps take forever to open and load. Deleting texts just hangs for quite a while. Anyone have any experience with this or know a fix?
Thats odd, my wife has an S5 running lollipop and it runs just fine. Just as fast as pre- android 5.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I specifically have kept my Note 3 from upgrading to it because I've heard that from several people. Seems like anything that released before 2014 runs like shit with Android 5.0

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
is it running 5.0.1 or 5.0.2? There were some memory leaks in those versions of L that got fixed in 5.1. I'm guessing you're not rooted, so the only suggestion I have to offer would be a factory reset.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I learned something today. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and all the colors are inverted like a photo-negative. I rebooted and the splash screens are normal colors but then as soon as the home screen pops up it's inverted again. I'm out in the hills with no internet coverage so I can't google it and spent the whole afternoon thinking my phone is fucked and I'm going to have to do yet another warranty replacement and put myself back onto the refurbished phone merry go round. Finally got home and learn that it's actually a feature for people with bad eyes or reading at night and somehow I managed to unlock the phone, flip to the second home screen, open settings, scroll to the bottom, open accessibility options, and flip that toggle, then get back out to the home screen just from the phone banging around in my pocket. Anyway it was weird. Cool story bro.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My Note 3, my wife's S3, my mother's S4 all run like shit with Lollipop.
Yeah, I really fucking hate Lollipop. I have a second gen Moto X and L reminds me of a huge step toward iOS bullshit. Hopefully, windows 10 mobile brings solid app support, because I'd really love to go back to Nokia/windows integration.