Smartphones

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
EDIT: weird... so I had it sitting there charging, it actually DISCHARGED 2% attached to my 1A generic wall USB adapter. I plugged it into the factory charger (1.8A) and it has charged 7% in like 8 minutes. Seems odd... doesn't spell good things for battery life though and this is after I uninstalled everything I could on it and used ATK.
Grab Ampere from the play store and test various chargers and cables. I found a couple cables that caused my phone to be charging almost 400mA less than other cables.

Still using ATK? That's pretty old and hasn't been updated since 2013, so it probably doesn't do it's job very well. I've never been a fan of task killers, as most tasks are going to start right up again. If you want to give something more current a try, give Greenify, or Servicely a look.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, only for the bigger yet not as bright screen, the Nexus 6 seems like an inferior phone in all respects to the Samsung edge.
Friend of mine got the S6 Edge, and not at all for the "edge" feature. He got it because to him, it felt better in his hands, becasue of the Edge. The rounded edges apparently make it feel good while holding it?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My friend keeps rubbing this in my face. Huawei junk, sure, but it takes a photo in 1.2sec from standby, double clicking on volume down. Pretty handy when you have kids and they do something hilarious. My pis old SG4 recently got Lollipop, and all I get is a shortcut for the camera app on the swipe login screen. Still takes up to 5-10 secs to have the app open and take a picture.

Anyone know if this is possible on iPhone/other android?
That has to be a joke. My sony goes from standby to click in under 2 seconds.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After a month or so with the S6 Edge, it is by far the best phone I have ever had. Easily over 50% battery life left after a day of use, the supercharge feature is crazy fast once it is drained. (No going back to subpar charging phones once you use this! akin to HDD to SSD) The new OS is fantastic and as said, it just feels great in hand. Best feature is the camera. I just came back from the UK for a wedding and had lots of great pics, even in lower light.

Very pleased in the upgrade, even coming from an S5 previously!

Crone

After a month or so with the S6 Edge, it is by far the best phone I have ever had. Easily over 50% battery life left after a day of use, the supercharge feature is crazy fast once it is drained. (No going back to subpar charging phones once you use this! akin to HDD to SSD) The new OS is fantastic and as said, it just feels great in hand. Best feature is the camera. I just came back from the UK for a wedding and had lots of great pics, even in lower light.

Very pleased in the upgrade, even coming from an S5 previously!
How long do you think the S6 Edge is going to be relevant? Until October when the S7 Edge gets released?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, new Samsung Note is every October, new Samsung S-series every April. So basically a new Samsung phone every 6 months. I hope to god the Note 5 has an SD card slot, but I'm not optimistic...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Note and the Galaxy are two entirely different things. I've no clue how people can stand lugging around a Note as a phone.

Crone

Didn't realize the Samsung-S line was on a different release schedule. Between the Note, and Apple phones all releasing in the Fall, I figured it was new phone season. Good to know.

Thanks for the info.

Vorph

Anyone here use an Xperia Z3v? Looking at upgrading my Droid DNA, and this is about the only thing I see on VZW that grabs me.

PS4 Remote Play is a big plus... possibility of glass spontaneously cracking is not. It's hard to tell just how legit a problem that is though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How long do you think the S6 Edge is going to be relevant? Until October when the S7 Edge gets released?
How is this relevant? There are new phones coming out every six months it seems so who gives a fuck? If hes happy with the s6, the s7 coming out will not change that.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I love my Nexus 6. I can't see myself trading it in unless some major breakthrough happens.

Screen is gorgeous, camera is more than sufficient. Front speakers sound great. It runs smooth as silk. The quick charge makes battery life almost irrelevant. And I have Multirom running 5.1.1 and Android M.

Xposed + Stock Android is by far the best experience.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
How quick are we talking with this quick charge?

My Note 3 will charge from 0% to 100% in about 90 minutes with Samsung's new-ish 2-pronged charging cable, and thats a large 3200 mAh battery
$(KGrHqJ,!ooFJQhyLC)1BSZvvN1CO!~~60_35.JPG

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
It seems to be about 60% in 30 mins and 80-90 for a full charge. Not totally sure why it slows down after 60. It's a normal microUSB, the plug puts out 18 watts though.

But I mean compared to non-quickcharge its night and day. And I can qi charge if I want.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It seems to be about 60% in 30 mins and 80-90 for a full charge. Not totally sure why it slows down after 60. It's a normal microUSB, the plug puts out 18 watts though.

But I mean compared to non-quickcharge its night and day. And I can qi charge if I want.
Battery charging and discharging is logarithmic. Well, actually it's essentially 1/RC, but the graph shapes are very similar and I'm blanking on the adjective for 1/RC.