Smartphones

opiate82

Bronze Squire
GV won't let me port my current cell number over. Also doesn't have GV numbers available in my area code which isn't that big of deal, I don't know who actually pays extra for long distance these days, but is slightly confusing to my local friends. Also I have so much shit linked to my current cell number I don't even know where to begin in getting everything/everyone using a new number. Business contacts, personal contacts, bills, loyalty cards, etc etc etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I paid to transfer mine because half the people that call us are idiots and can't be bothered to even program a different number into their phones.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but it is obnoxious to find out randomly. A GV number cannot forward to a Project Fi number. Don't be me and expect that to just be able to happen right away. If you have GV and port your cell to Project Fi you will break the forward and there is no fix right now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking project fi, send me an email to get my hopes only for it say I can check my status that tells you jack shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fucking project fi, send me an email to get my hopes only for it say I can check my status that tells you jack shit.
lol. Yeah, that email was great. Not sure what I'd do if I got an invite anyways. Vzw has its hooks in because of Edge and after 9 months of 'Lollipop is coming' on my Turbo I'm kinda ready to try another OS or stick to Nexus devices.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
In case anyone is still waiting I got my LG promo pack today. The SD card is basically dumb 32 throw away you get by buying anything, but the charger wallet and extra battery are pretty sweet. Little wallet thing has LED indicator and charges quick just like the phone. Extra is still 3000mAh too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I know it's an older phone, but can anyone speak to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact? I am in a tough spot of trying to find my wife a phone under 4.5 inches, with a great camera (priority), affordable off contract, and something I can flash up to lollipop. It's seeming like my best option, waterproof is a nice addition, but I've never used a Sony phone before.

Picka_sl

shitlord
Finally released an app, would be grateful for any feedback, such as ease of use, suggestions, what you like/don't like about it, etc.

It's an Android app calledLovester

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I know it's an older phone, but can anyone speak to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact? I am in a tough spot of trying to find my wife a phone under 4.5 inches, with a great camera (priority), affordable off contract, and something I can flash up to lollipop. It's seeming like my best option, waterproof is a nice addition, but I've never used a Sony phone before.
I have a z3 compact and the z1 tablet.

If she wants a 4.5 inch phone Sony can't be beat. The only thing that is worse than any competition in the same size is the the Z line takes forever to charge. But with good battery life it's a small price to pay for a flagship phone you can 1-hand.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
If anyone wants to buy Verizon Galaxy Note 4 in perfect condition includingthis Speck caseshoot me a PM. I just switched over to Project Fi and no longer need it.

It has zero dings in it and has never been exposed to water. I can send pics if required. I'll sell it on the cheap for a RR bro.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hmmm...I wonder how difficult it would be to get a Verizon phone to work on Sprint, I think both of them are CDMA aren't they? So they *should* be compatible...

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
They are compatible but it's at the company's discretion to activate the esn or not. I don't think they will.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Who thinks of this shit? They have to have a corporate culture of yes-men and red tape.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The same type of people that think the world doesn't need google fiber because we'll never use that much speed, or whatever that corporate person said about it

Siliconemelons

They are compatible but it's at the company's discretion to activate the esn or not. I don't think they will.
They wont- Verizon and spring while both CDMA at base technology and are indeed compatable, they will NOT activate each others phones "unlocked" on either of their branded phones refers only to the GSM "world phone" aspects of it- and the whole unlocked native phone rulings again have no bearing on the CDMA meid/esn yes/no lists the two companies hold.