Smartphones

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Over the 4th weekend I traveled into Siren, WI. This was the only time I had connectivity problems. We were at a cabin near Clam Lake and my phone was roaming most of the time. There were a few areas where I had pretty good LTE speeds, but it was hit or miss. The interesting part is my wife (T-mobile) was dead in the water, I was partially working (Fi) and my in-laws were both fine (ATT / Verizon). So, while I had better coverage than if I were just to have T-Mobile, it is still worse in remote areas.
Funny, my friends have a cabin just north of there near Webster and I spend quite a bit of time there. That area has had spotty T-Mobile coverage for years. T-Mobile's map says that T-Mobile as 4G LTE speeds there but it has never been very good. Project Fi doesn't show it, so I'd trust Fi's map over T-Mobile's.

Battery life has been great, I don't have to worry about charging during the day unless I have heavy use. Even if I do have to charge the 'quick charge' feature gets me all I will need to finish out the day in under 30 minutes.
I must admit I've been pleasantly surprised by the battery life too.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The phone is automatically setup to do it.

They do not have a family or group plan as of right now, so you'd have different bills but yes she could move over obviously.

Yes, you can bring your own Nexus 6.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure how it worked if I had an invite but other family members don't.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the Fi web site shows me as 4-8 weeks out still
frown.png

jeydax

Death and Taxes
The guy from work backed out on me so if anyone is interested in purchasing a (unlocked) Verizon Note 4 in flawless condition, shoot me a PM. The phone has zero blemishes, hasn't been exposed to water (none of the PH indicators have been triggered) and has been used since early October of last year. I'll include thisSpeck Case(which I highly recommend) for it as well.

I'd like to get $350 (and you cover shipping) for it which is a pretty damn good deal from what I can tell.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh shit Verizon tech support called today after the best buy trick. Didn't answer the phone. Lol.

Siliconemelons

Qi charge dock off ebay I wanted was cheapest that also came with qi compatibility adapter for a Samsung S5- my BlackBerry Classic has it built in- so if any s5 owners want to make their phone qi compatable PM me and I will toss it in the mail to you.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit Verizon tech support called today after the best buy trick. Didn't answer the phone. Lol.
You should cancel your order online. If you talk to them, more than likely they will kick you off the unlimited data plan.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Do we have any early leaked info on the Note 5 yet? I'm due for an upgrade this fall, and that would probably be my first choice since I love my Note 3, but I'm going to be pissed if I lose my SD card slot(and I'm assuming I will)

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Do we have any early leaked info on the Note 5 yet? I'm due for an upgrade this fall, and that would probably be my first choice since I love my Note 3, but I'm going to be pissed if I lose my SD card slot(and I'm assuming I will)
You are definitely going to lose your microSD card slot (and removable battery!), sorry bro:Leaked Images Show Off What Might Be Samsungs Galaxy Note 5

Another source:Expecting the Galaxy Note 5 to have a microSD slot? Dont - SamMobile

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You should cancel your order online. If you talk to them, more than likely they will kick you off the unlimited data plan.
I don't think I can really cancel my order it was through Best Buy and is basically a month of use now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Had my Note 4 for a few weeks now. Here's my thoughts coming from an ancient Galaxy Nexus:

-n4 camera is fucking beautiful.
-I miss stock Android
-I don't care for hard home/nav buttons. Loved my gn soft nav buttons.
-10+ hours of battery makes me hard
-don't care for Samsung keyboard
-I'm not sure when I'll ever use the stylus

Fadaar

That guy
Had my Note 4 for a few weeks now. Here's my thoughts coming from an ancient Galaxy Nexus:

-n4 camera is fucking beautiful.
-I miss stock Android
-I don't care for hard home/nav buttons. Loved my gn soft nav buttons.
-10+ hours of battery makes me hard
-don't care for Samsung keyboard
-I'm not sure when I'll ever use the stylus
Swiftkey ftw

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate the swiftkey gestures. Stock android gesture typing ftw.
Yup. I'm all about the Swype style. Seems to make it sooo much easier for people like me who want to type actual words and sentences in out texts. Though I have to say, the default google version is not as good at learning as Swype was. It absolutely will not default to saying fuck or shit when I put those in, no matter how many times I assure it I am not saying duck or shut. Is there some setting I could change to fix this?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I used to like Swift then I just started having issues with it. My Note 4...while the camera was a thing of beauty, just wasn't up my ally. The Note 3 is the best overall phone I've ever owned and I felt the Note 4 was a pretty big letdown from that.

I got into a huge fight with Sprint about a month ago and ported out, I'm currently using an iPhone 6+. I like it well enough. Camera is a visible downgrade but I like the rest of the phone. I just wanted to finally try an iPhone out after being Android/Samsung4Lyfe since I've had smart phones.

On a side note, I switched to TMobile when they had their uncapped, throttled data promo going....I can pull 40mb down on network. It's pretty crazy.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I upgraded my Note 4 to lollipop and now when I scroll notifications it'll sometimes turn off the screen.

Da fuc