Smartphones

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Moto X was supposed to ship yesterday. Contacted CS today and get the canned response:

There has been a delay on the distribution center, reason why orders are taking a little bit longer than expected to complete. But the department in charge is already working on it to get it fully fixed.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wasn't there a phone that we could customize with our own specs on Kickstarter? Or was that the OnePlus?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be concerned with the fact that because of "3D Touch" they had to use a smaller battery than the 6.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't want a 6S. I have a 6 Plus and I'm ho-humming at the specs on the 6S Plus at this point. Better camera. Okay, fine, that's a good thing, but the 6 Plus camera is fine. 3D Touch? Nothing supports it yet and no major app will leave everyone but 6S users in the dust. That's just not smart.

The only thing that's enticing is 2GB RAM, and that's not worth the price of a new phone when I might as well just wait for the 7 next year. It'll have better specs, maybe even enough to justify the upgrade price.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That 3D touch thing just sounds to me like something that is going to happen all the fucking time when you don't want it to.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I guess I could see it being annoying if you have problems with motor skills and you can't stop yourself from pounding on the screen.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So how long till a scale app comes out for the new iphone so people can weigh their coke and weed on it?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So how long till a scale app comes out for the new iphone so people can weigh their coke and weed on it?
Come on man, Apple users don't embarress themselves with soft drugs like weed. Nothing but the hippiest and classiest cocaine will do.

Weed is for Android users

Siliconemelons

Come on man, Apple users don't embarress themselves with soft drugs like weed. Nothing but the hippiest and classiest cocaine will do.

Weed is for Android users
There is always that "fake" app/feature that people put out to try and get dumb iPhone users to break their phone- such as the water one etc... so now maybe a scale one where they want people to stand on their phone or something.

Get to it rerolled!!! set the stage!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So new Verizon plans are gonna save me $80 a month just on the line access fees.

Then I was told they are offering $300 trade in on iPhone 5s when upgrading to Note 5, and so for $16.50 a month or so I can get the Note 5. It's a good day for cell phones!

I'll be giving up my unlimited data plan but I seriously don't use it enough to try and keep it. Will just share 10gb between the family and be just fine.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I may splurge for a 6S Plus 16gb. I have a 6Plus 128gb and I only half 60gb of storage used and that is only because I haven't deleted anything I've ever put on it. I'm sure I could get away with 16gb. Looks like I could sell my phone for $700 on Amazon since it is unlocked although gazelle and other services are only offering like $400 (wtf?)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I ended up returning my LG G4 because the Sprint coverage wasn't that great. Switched back to AT&T and picked up a new one, one thing I noticed is the battery on this one charges much slower, and lasts a lot longer, battery in the other one might have been defective. Definitely happy with it so far, I grew to hate my Xperia Z Ultra and disliked Android OS as a result. Having bought it with a pure Android install was part of the problem I think, as the screen sensitivity was god awful and nonadjustable, also I wasn't a big fan of hangouts, which seemed to crash constantly at least on that phone. Going over to the G4, it's actually comparable to when I was on an iphone (I would still rate IOS higher). I find that I actually prefer some of the software LG included over some of the stock Android stuff, the interface seems better organized, and I like the SMS app. It's a first that bloatware turned out to not be bloatware.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The thing about stock Android is its bare bones. You can add anything you want . I didn't like Hangouts at first either so I installed a text program. Then I forced myself to use Hangouts and now I don't mind it mostly.

Did anyone get their Moto X Pure yet? Probably ordering one this week if people are getting them. If not might wait on the new Nexus.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It is, but the old pre-hangouts one still exists, at least for now.