Smartphones

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Got my 6p in and played with it most of the day today. Great device. Have no fear in buying one, best android phone I've owned and for the price best on the market now. I have no regrets passing on the Note 5 (almost bought the 920I) or sending back my moto pure.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Head's up for 6P and 5X people. I couldn't hear custom notification sounds in Hangouts with my 6P because the new Marshmallow App Permissions were blocking it from accessing my storage. If you are having similar problems just ensure your App Permissions are correct.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Got my 6p in and played with it most of the day today. Great device. Have no fear in buying one, best android phone I've owned and for the price best on the market now. I have no regrets passing on the Note 5 (almost bought the 920I) or sending back my moto pure.
Yeah, my wife just got the Note 5 (the only other phone I was considering). After seeing all the bloatware that thing is littered with, I noped right the fuck away. I'm still afraid I'll be disappointed with the camera, but oh well..

Bels_sl

shitlord
Yeah, my wife just got the Note 5 (the only other phone I was considering). After seeing all the bloatware that thing is littered with, I noped right the fuck away. I'm still afraid I'll be disappointed with the camera, but oh well..
Had one for 36 hours and switched off almost immediately. Quick camera access was awesome, but then it'd randomly start lagging in hangouts...thing had more power than my gaming PC of 5 years ago and couldn't run a chat client acceptably. Maybe bad luck, but I wasn't going to stick around to find out.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Got my 6P a couple of hours ago, so far the camera is amazing even in low light. Can't believe the responsiveness from pushing the shutter button to the phone actually taking the picture, nearly instant in most conditions. I've only done indoor-at-night like light so far but pictures are clear and there is no surer lag when taking them.

Selfie camera has a touch of shutter lag but not much.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Interesting to hear. So are you saying that with your phone you just turned it on and instantly had the unread message counts and other basic features like listening to a voicemail without calling a number?

I knew the OnePlus 2 had a "wrapper" or whatever it's called, on the Android interface, I just didn't know how far it extended. I almost feel like Android should cut that shit out because it makes the system look bad. As someone like me(or my parents) or anyone else not tech savvy or otherwise coming from an iPhone, from the moment you turn on your phone(Android) it should be an Android.

Good news is that I finally have it all figured out and can now operate on a daily basis like I did before. So I'm happy(ish)
ATT has a visual voicemail app. Not sure what provider you have but it does what you are complaining about on any phone with ATT.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
He basically melted the phone. That's stupid... the shell of the phone would never reach those temps with throttling or have the phone shut down.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah that video is full on retarded.

The phone is actually quite strong. Perhaps not quite as strong as the note 5 but it is no slouch.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Glad to hear it. I guess people were putting faith in it because that guy/account/whatever does a lot of legitimate tests? Whatever, not cancelling my order over it

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Note 5 charge/USB port supposed to be pretty loose? As in the plug doesn't come out but it moves around a lot. I'm pretty sure I'm the worst when it comes to plugging my phone in as its always at night, can't see, and over time I'm paranoid I'm gonna f the port up. Now not even a month in I feel I've done it already.

I've said on here before it's one of the best features of the iPhone is the lightning port. Plug that shit in either way.

Guess this is excuse to go get a wireless charge pad.
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glad to hear it. I guess people were putting faith in it because that guy/account/whatever does a lot of legitimate tests? Whatever, not cancelling my order over it
He does some good repair videos - all his "tests" seem similarly awful, M9 video he acted very similarly but was a less popular phone so didn't get quite the same pushback for BS. But he certainly should've known better after what he got from that.

Hopefully the extra publicity from the iSheep makes up for the losses he gets from people that see through the BS. [It's especially interesting if you watch his repair videos about the "fire test" since he suggested that as a means to help remove the adhesive that helps keep the screen in place if you're having trouble getting out a broken screen in the one I watched when I was considering doing a screen repair myself - and shockingly it helps the screen pop out when he does the "test"]

The only alarming thing is the "tapped screen" once scratched - but I'd just chalk that up to tempered glass being finicky as shit once it has ANY substantial marr and then gets a shock - learned that as a kid helping install a tempered glass shower door with my dad - he noted a small imperfection when the slider held the door and we didn't even bump it on anything putting it on, hung the wheels for the slider perfectly fine and then WHAM - instant glass shower when we let it take that minor shock of being dropped a half inch or whatever onto the bar that held the wheels...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah 5X and 6P are USB-C. Most of my chargers are just adapters with separate USB cables so the change out isn't bad, just get a couple of new Type A Male to Type C Male cables off Amazon and go.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The 6P comes with an A-C cable, but it is like 10" long and so far I have not found a single outlet in my house where the cable is long enough for the phone to set down in a normal fashion. Either the cable flat out won't reach at all or if it does the phone would still be half hanging. Even in my car the cable doesn't reach far enough from the built in USB charging ports to allow the phone to be set in a secure location.

Short of a computer/laptop the cable is pretty useless for me and I'm going to have to buy longer ones. YMMV