Smartphones

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My 6p is supposed to be delivered by EOD tomorrow.

Quick question, what is the best way to go about selling my Nexus 6? I have never really had an opportunity to sell my phone as I usually was turning them in for a new one, or they were too old to sell. I don't Ebay much, I have an account but have only made a few purchases. So not really sure how I should go about it, and if any of you have any experience.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My 6p is supposed to be delivered by EOD tomorrow.

Quick question, what is the best way to go about selling my Nexus 6? I have never really had an opportunity to sell my phone as I usually was turning them in for a new one, or they were too old to sell. I don't Ebay much, I have an account but have only made a few purchases. So not really sure how I should go about it, and if any of you have any experience.
How much you looking to get for it? I might be game to end that entire process for you immediately.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How good is AT&T's service (im in nyc). Thinking of switching to it so I can get the blackberry priv for $250

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
AT&T has been solid for years just about everywhere I go up and down the east coast of the USA and Canada. The only time their network had issues was when the IPhone was an exclusive and they weren't ready for the demand. That was many years ago now.

As for getting the Blackberry for $250 make sure you understand the fine print on what happens to your access fee on that line when you take the device credit over say next 30. It generally isn't worth it.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I've had my Nexus 5x since Friday on Project Fi and so far so good! The phone itself was a huge upgrade for me so I'm really enjoying it. I'm new to Android so does anyone have some must have apps/games they could recommend?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
AT&T has been solid for years just about everywhere I go up and down the east coast of the USA and Canada. The only time their network had issues was when the IPhone was an exclusive and they weren't ready for the demand. That was many years ago now.

As for getting the Blackberry for $250 make sure you understand the fine print on what happens to your access fee on that line when you take the device credit over say next 30. It generally isn't worth it.
What are you referring to here about the next 30? Gonna go look into it now

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
What are you referring to here about the next 30? Gonna go look into it now
There are two programs that I'm aware of. Next takes the price of the phone and divides them into equal payments. This has no impact on the device access fee of $15.

If you take a two year contract for reduced upfront cost, which is the other option, the $15 device access fee goes up significantly. This causes you to pay more over the term.

You can see the plans in their website.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
There are two programs that I'm aware of. Next takes the price of the phone and divides them into equal payments. This has no impact on the device access fee of $15.

If you take a two year contract for reduced upfront cost, which is the other option, the $15 device access fee goes up significantly. This causes you to pay more over the term.

You can see the plans in their website.
Ahh thats fucking dumb. I miss being able to get a reduced price phone every 2 years. Thanks for the info looks like I may just stick with TMobile then.

Anyone able to recommend a good phone for around 100-400ish? Idk if I'll get the new blackberry since its huge I may just try a touchscreen phone if I do get one I'd like one that is easier to type on not the size of a tablet and be able to have those apps like snapchat and the GPS one where you can see where speed traps are etc

opiate82

Bronze Squire
More info on the Nexus' cameras:Camera showdown: iPhone 6s vs. Nexus 5X vs. Galaxy S6 vs. LG G4 | Android Central

TL;DR
So how do these smartphone cameras truly stack up? They're all excellent, and any would be a fine "camera that you have on you" at any given moment. And while in the past whatever the most current iPhone was had a tendency to thoroughly pants the competition, this time it's a closer battle than we've seen in the past. In fact, I can't say that the iPhone is the best smartphone camera out there. It's a great camera attached to an excellent phone, but no longer the best, even with the improvements that Apple's made in the latest generation.

Kudos need to go Samsung and LG for really stepping up their game in the past few years, going from mediocre cameras to best-in-class units. But it's the Nexus 5X (and thus the Nexus 6P) that win this battle. The new Nexus phones may not have the most pixels to work with, but the big sensor with relatively huge pixels, collecting light through a nice bright aperture, but the photos they're producing are positively phenomenal.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Ahh thats fucking dumb. I miss being able to get a reduced price phone every 2 years. Thanks for the info looks like I may just stick with TMobile then.

Anyone able to recommend a good phone for around 100-400ish? Idk if I'll get the new blackberry since its huge I may just try a touchscreen phone if I do get one I'd like one that is easier to type on not the size of a tablet and be able to have those apps like snapchat and the GPS one where you can see where speed traps are etc
Depending on your useage look into GoogleFI and Cricket. Cricket works on AT&T and FI is Tmobile and Sprint.

The nexus devices are excellent. You can pick up a nexus 6 for cheap through sellers on ebay brand new
[Update: Its Back] The Motorola Nexus 6 Is Available For $290 With Free Shipping On eBay

and the new 6p and 5x are excellent. You could look for a oneplus one in good shape used. The Moto pure is also decent although I returned mine for the new nexus. There are some unlocked handsets from Sony I think and a few from china that are very nice for the money.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Depending on your useage look into GoogleFI and Cricket. Cricket works on AT&T and FI is Tmobile and Sprint.

The nexus devices are excellent. You can pick up a nexus 6 for cheap through sellers on ebay brand new
[Update: Its Back] The Motorola Nexus 6 Is Available For $290 With Free Shipping On eBay

and the new 6p and 5x are excellent. You could look for a oneplus one in good shape used. The Moto pure is also decent although I returned mine for the new nexus. There are some unlocked handsets from Sony I think and a few from china that are very nice for the money.
Think the ebay one is gone but I found one for 350 on amazon and then a 64 gig one for 400

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Another option would be the OnePlus X if you don't want a big phone, which is stupidly good for $250. The problem is you still have to deal with their invite system.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My 6P showed up today, so I am super stoked. However, I am having an issue with it connecting back to Project Fi. I just took the Sim card out of my Nexus 6 and assumed that would work, but it is telling me I need to put in a supported Project Fi Sim card. Do I need to get a new one that is specific to the 6P?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Another option would be the OnePlus X if you don't want a big phone, which is stupidly good for $250. The problem is you still have to deal with their invite system.
I'm at the site right now for the invites, how long does it usually take for this

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My 6P showed up today, so I am super stoked. However, I am having an issue with it connecting back to Project Fi. I just took the Sim card out of my Nexus 6 and assumed that would work, but it is telling me I need to put in a supported Project Fi Sim card. Do I need to get a new one that is specific to the 6P?
Hmmmmm, don't know on that one. Maybe it is somehow tied to the specific device IMEI or something? When I signed up for Project Fi I never specified which device I was bringing so they wouldn't have known it I had a 6 or 6P...