Smartphones

opiate82

Bronze Squire
That really sucks.

I just got to say, the back pocket seems like a really really bad place to keep a phone and the people who do put their phones back there confuse me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
SIM card slot on my OnePlus One shit the bed last night. Not reading any SIM cards I put in it now.

Ordered a Note 5, don't have time to fuck around without a phone :/ If I end up getting the OPO working again maybe I'll give it to the wife.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
That really sucks.

I just got to say, the back pocket seems like a really really bad place to keep a phone and the people who do put their phones back there confuse me.
I've done with an HTC M8, Note 4, and my Nexus 6. The 6P was the only one that I ever was worried about bending. The other phones I could sit on in my truck (softer seats) and never blinked. And the funny thing with the 6P is I literally just bent down to tie my shoe, pulled the phone out, sat down at a time and had the phone "flat" on the table and was tapping it. I noticed it was sort of rocking and I was like wtf, this table is weird. Then it dawned on me that it probably bent. Picked it up, sure as shit, it had a twist to it.

Now, the GOOD news here is that I discovered something yesterday too that I have no fucking clue how I missed: When I ordered my 6P, I'd ordered the 128GB version of it. The phone I received is only the 32GB version. So with any luck they'll be sending me the right phone and I can just return this one and they'll be none the wiser.
biggrin.png

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
SIM card slot on my OnePlus One shit the bed last night. Not reading any SIM cards I put in it now.

Ordered a Note 5, don't have time to fuck around without a phone :/ If I end up getting the OPO working again maybe I'll give it to the wife.
Sad
frown.png
I have to say I am not extremely happy with my OnePlus2 either. I mean, it's getting the job done but if you saw earlier in the thread it was a total bitch just to even setup for the most basic tasks...and I'm not even a power user. I'm still mostly happy overall as it is going precisely what I wanted and why I bought that phone, operating dual SIM in 4g so I can swap as I travel the lands of this giant green and blue ball.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a 5x coming as it was the work holiday gift. Hope I don't find it to small now that I'm used to the 6.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I've got a 5x coming as it was the work holiday gift. Hope I don't find it to small now that I'm used to the 6.
I've held both a 6p and 5x side-by-side and the difference in screen real estate is so miniscule I can't imagine being disappointed from that end. About the only thing I'd miss going from my 6p to a 5x would be the very minor photography stuff the 6p is able to do over a 5x. Even those are highly situational and rarely useful.

If I was going from an OG 6 to a 5x the improved camera alone would be more than worth it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The 5x is a great phone. My wife has one. I'd gladly take a free one and use it without hesitation. You'll probably notice a difference between Shamu and the 5x but give it a few days and you should be fine. I love large phones and I could use the 5x as a daily.

Still love my 6p though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know of a Bluetooth Widget that will allow you to swap between Bluetooth devices? I don't want to have to go into the settings every time and would love to be able to swap right from the screen. Can't seem to find one that does that though.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Does anyone know of a Bluetooth Widget that will allow you to swap between Bluetooth devices? I don't want to have to go into the settings every time and would love to be able to swap right from the screen. Can't seem to find one that does that though.
Not specifically but you could use nova launcher, setup a widget for an action, select Bluetooth option you want say to bring up the Bluetooth selection which should list the devices and you're a tap away from hitting the one you want.

No more than two taps to change? Not sure if that will work for you.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
In 6.0.1 (and maybe earlier) you can change directly from the swipe down bar. Click the arrow underneath BT and it should bring up your paired devices, then swipe up to close. Same with WiFi

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In 6.0.1 (and maybe earlier) you can change directly from the swipe down bar. Click the arrow underneath BT and it should bring up your paired devices, then swipe up to close. Same with WiFi
Yeah that is what I do now. I guess I just wanted to be extra lazy and have a widget right on the screen that simply let me tap which device I wanted connected.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
so the 5x got here today, after the unboxing it hit me none of my charging cables in my house will work anymore, fuck me.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
so the 5x got here today, after the unboxing it hit me none of my charging cables in my house will work anymore, fuck me.
Hah! I purposely ordered a handful of USB-C power cords from Amazon at the same time I ordered my 6P. Just be careful when you order them as there are quite a few out there that can fuck up your phone. There is a guy from Google who goes through and comments on the bad ones. I know someone around here linked the guys name so you could see his reviews and pick the correct cables.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, I just grabbed a 10 ft one he 5 starred. Now I wish all my devices were type c

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I missed it on black Friday. Thinking i might break down on a newer phone as my moto g can't handle much, and i text like a retard on its small screen.

Looking for where to find best prices on a nexus 6 not p. Just Amazon, ebay send to save like 5$ but figure any issues Amazon easier to deal with.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I love my S4, best phone I've ever had, but a coworker is really talking up his Note 5. Anyone have it? How do you like it? The screen looks fucking incredible.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I used the Note 5 briefly (and the Note 4 for a long time). It has a fantastic screen, fantastic camera and good battery life. If I could use it on Project Fi, I'd probably be torn over whether to use the 6P or the Note 5.