Smartphones

Cor_sl

shitlord
This is pretty amazing -http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SaL87kEqZ4Y

A few pages back, I said I had no interest in the upcoming flagships and that I was happy with my Nexus 4. I've changed my mind. The HTC One looks like an incredible phone, and I'm jealous of all you lucky fuckers who will be getting one soon. Hopefully the next revision will upgrade the performance of the ultrapixel camera in daylight conditions - that seems to be the only place the phone trips up.

I'm hoping HTC will be given the contract for the next Nexus phone. I'd upgrade day one.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
HTC one arrived today; too bad im in Japan currently waiting for my wife to mail it out tomorrow.

fris

Vyemm Raider
have the One in hand, love it. the feel is nice. not as 'slippery' as the iphone is in your hand, i really don't want to get a case for it. the power button being on the top left is the first flaw i'm noticing. i typically use my phone w/ my left hand and turning on is awkward. feels slimmer than my Evo 3d, but no bigger in my pocket.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
Got the HTC One and I can say it's an amazing phone. If I daresay, it's the iPhone of Android phones, which is to say this phone runs smooooth. It's buttery smooth, as Google likes to say. It's one fast mother.

Other early observations:
The phone looks great and build quality is perfect. It's the screen, however, that is its best atribute. The 1080 screen is amazeballs. You have to see it to believe it. Another thing you'll need to see (or hear) to believe are the speakers. I can't adequately describe how amazing the speakers are when compared to any other phone on the market.

Two complaints: The power button and volume buttons are flush with the sides, which makes it near impossible to tell when I'm pressing them or if I am on the up or down volume buttons.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I also want to mention that I love the on-screen keyboard on the HTC One. I hated the keyboard on the EVO LTE because I made tons of mistakes with it for whatever reason. That problem doesn't exist with the One's keyboard. I'm not sure what it is that makes it different, I just know that my typing mistakes have gone down by about 90%.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I got a HTC One today... my fucking international S3 had a case of the "I feel like rebooting every 30 fucking minutes". I used my free carrier upgrade and got it. It's fucking amazing so far, it is literally the iphone of android. Feels great, sound is amazing, screen is gorgeus and the interface is like a slightly re-skinned stock android which I love. To give you an idea of how good the speakers are for the HTC One.. at 50% volume it's louder than my S3 at full volume. The build quality is stunning, it just feels great in my hands. It's got this slight curves (even the glass) that's just a really nice touch. We'll see how I feel in a month, but so far it's probably the best phone I've ever used.

I just picked it up today, so no comment on battery life. As long as it makes it a day and a half with casual use then I'm fine with it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am so annoyed that there has been no confirmation from Verizon in regards to offering the HTC One. I am just not very excited about the S4, and was really hoping to snag the HTC One. Some rumors are saying it may show up sometime this summer, but I really don't want to wait that long.

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
Just stopped by to say I have the HTC One also, and it's fucking amazing. My years of being an HTC whore has payed off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Random-ass question.

The facebook app for iOS. Is it just a fucking shitty slow-ass piece of Wakandan shit or is my phone being a faggot? Please discuss.

Seems like it takes forever to open and/or load certain things. Doesn't update other peoples statuses correctly, etc.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I also want to mention that I love the on-screen keyboard on the HTC One. I hated the keyboard on the EVO LTE because I made tons of mistakes with it for whatever reason. That problem doesn't exist with the One's keyboard. I'm not sure what it is that makes it different, I just know that my typing mistakes have gone down by about 90%.
Swiftkey is well worth the 4 bucks you might spend on it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Random-ass question.

The facebook app for iOS. Is it just a fucking shitty slow-ass piece of Wakandan shit or is my phone being a faggot? Please discuss.

Seems like it takes forever to open and/or load certain things. Doesn't update other peoples statuses correctly, etc.
My experience with the Facebook app on Android is that it sucks balls, so I would assume there is a good chance it sucks on iOS as well. Their website is actually designed quite nicely to be viewed on a mobile device, so I just go straight to the site through a browser on my phone.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think Zuckerberg forced his employees to use Android so that they would make a better Facebook app. Facebook has not had a good Android app in about 2 or so years. :\

So I dropped my phone (Sprint Galaxy S2) and broke the screen 3 weeks ago. I'm halfway through my contract and decided I'm going to do whatever I need to to get a new phone (I'll see if I can talk Sprint into giving me an upgrade now, but if not I'll just ETF and go to TMobile or something). I've been looking at the HTC One and the SGS4 and pretty much leaning towards the One for now. The plastic case on the galaxy models just feels kinda cheap, the sound and mic aren't great, and battery life on samsung stuffs isn't great.

The One is a good choice then?

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
So far, the battery life on the HTC One has been awesome. Here is today's usage: Unplugged at 8am. Listened to 80 minutes of an Audible audiobook. Made a bunch of calls, one lasting more than an hour. Had Blinkfeed, weather, exchange mail, gmail, etc auto updating all day. Checked Twitter/Facebook/Foursquare a bunch of times. Took some pictures, which were auto-uploaded to Google Drive. Had wifi, bluetooth, and LTE on all the time. Battery life left at 8:15pm is 56%.