Smartphones

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I have to admit, the 7 feels a lot better than the 5 did. It's just barely thinner, and it makes all the difference when using it as a phone. Definitely a nice device.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit i did not know how amazing rapid chargers are, i have this at my desktop and bed
rapid charger and it charges my note4 in 1 hour? two hours from dead. My wife went on a trip and took my charger, so i just rumaged and found a ipad charger, its like 2 hours and it's still 24%

It's so shitty, i have to swap out batteries and let my stand alone battery charger, charge it up fast instead.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Android 7 was released today. They started pushing it out slowly to Nexus devices today.

If you want it right away sign up for the "beta" and it'll get pushed to your eligible Nexus device almost instantly.

Android Device Manager

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Alright android bros, I got a Note 7. What are the must have apps? Been a long time since I had an android phone. I did notice they don't have the veracity image search app. Anything comparable or better?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went from a Note 5 to a Note 7 as well, and first thing I noticed was the resolution, while I think even better, was out of whack? Everything appears bigger. I had to adjust my keyboard (Swiftkey 4 life!) to a smaller size, but even other apps, the text is bigger, and I'm not sure why? It's like the whole phone by default is in some kind of accessibility option that zoomed everything in. Totally weird.

As for the always on, I don't mind it and leave it there, although I'm constantly clicking the power button still to turn the screen "off" and then just end up turning it on. When the Edge screens fist came out a couple years ago, I thought that they would be useful for a phone sitting on your desk, and you could see notifications and stuff on the edge... then realized in practical use, you can see your whole phone, so seeing notifications just on the Edge is stupid. I hope I can find some use for the Edge, because as of right now it's pretty stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Android 7 was released today. They started pushing it out slowly to Nexus devices today.

If you want it right away sign up for the "beta" and it'll get pushed to your eligible Nexus device almost instantly.

Android Device Manager
Thanks for the info. You weren't kidding, I got the update nearly the second I hit "accept" to the Beta.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Man this Note 7 is seriously nice. I think I may just keep it! Still haven't used all the features but it's a serious upgrade from the iPhone 6s. The screen is just ridiculous. I'm not a fan of touchwiz but its not nearly as bad as I remember. All in all, I might just be converted until the iPhone 8 with an AMOLED screen. Then we'll revisit this.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah even from a Note 5 the experience feels much improved. I'm impressed so far.

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I know the USB C adapters are hit and miss. Anyone got a trusted brand that wont blow up your phone? I need a couple 6 foot cabled and a one foot one. Is there anything special that they must contain to be compatible with quick charge? Some cable I see listed on Amazon have 56k resistors built in. Thanks in advance.

Crone

I know the USB C adapters are hit and miss. Anyone got a trusted brand that wont blow up your phone? I need a couple 6 foot cabled and a one foot one. Is there anything special that they must contain to be compatible with quick charge? Some cable I see listed on Amazon have 56k resistors built in. Thanks in advance.
This is the accessories package that I ended up picking up to have my Note 7 in tip top shape! I've got a million Micro-USB cables, so I got 4 adapters so that my car charger, and a few around the house/work still worked. It was nice that Samsung included with the Note 7 1 Micro-USB to USB-C adapter.

Amazon product ASIN B01I2E9PLKAmazon product ASIN B01AHKYIRSAmazon product ASIN B01CZV9FUW

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee

Crone

Your media didn't show up.
Yeah, it's buggy, try refreshing, because they are showing up for me, but sometimes won't. It's weird. :(

If you quote my post, you can see the links I think.

Quick note on the Anker adapters, someone used some testing equipment to and the Anker seemed to have better numbers for pass-through current, than others. It's why I went with those.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is the accessories package that I ended up picking up to have my Note 7 in tip top shape! I've got a million Micro-USB cables, so I got 4 adapters so that my car charger, and a few around the house/work still worked. It was nice that Samsung included with the Note 7 1 Micro-USB to USB-C adapter.

Galaxy Note 7 Case, Caseology [Parallax Series] Modern Slim Geometric Design

Anker USB-C to Micro USB Adapter, Converts USB Type-C input to Micro USB, Uses 56K Resistor

PowerCore 10000 with Quick Charge 3.0

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
After having it for about 5 months, I can say without a doubt that the blackberry priv is the shitposters phone of choice. Being able to type on a physical keyboard with no screen real estate taken up by a virtual keyboard is fantastic. It's not the perfect device, but for the shitposter on the go, it's the only device.

Crone

256gb SD card, or Samsung Fit 2 smartwatch. Ugh... 256gb SD card has subjective value because of sales and diminishing value of storage. Fit 2 could see limited use, as who knows if I'll like it, and I could wear it a week and then never again.

Tough choice bros!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
256gb SD card, or Samsung Fit 2 smartwatch. Ugh... 256gb SD card has subjective value because of sales and diminishing value of storage. Fit 2 could see limited use, as who knows if I'll like it, and I could wear it a week and then never again.

Tough choice bros!
With googledrive/dropbox why do you need such a large card anyway? have fun with the smartwatch (i've only had the pebble, so i wouldn't know about the fit2 tho)

Vaclav

With googledrive/dropbox why do you need such a large card anyway? have fun with the smartwatch (i've only had the pebble, so i wouldn't know about the fit2 tho)

Fit2 I'm finding pretty handy - checking notifications quick, controlling spotify, declining calls I don't give a shit about for the moment, etc without even picking up the phone have been pretty handy thusfar for bonuses of it. Plus the theoretical health tracking benefits once we start our exercise regime.

It's a no brainer to me to go for the Fit2 personally.

Although do make sure to measure the wrists that will be using it - pretty sure 90% of adults are going to be Large for them, I'm quite small wristed for an adult man and I'm 3 notches from being out of the range for Small.

Crone

Fit2 I'm finding pretty handy - checking notifications quick, controlling spotify, declining calls I don't give a shit about for the moment, etc without even picking up the phone have been pretty handy thusfar for bonuses of it. Plus the theoretical health tracking benefits once we start our exercise regime.

It's a no brainer to me to go for the Fit2 personally.

Although do make sure to measure the wrists that will be using it - pretty sure 90% of adults are going to be Large for them, I'm quite small wristed for an adult man and I'm 3 notches from being out of the range for Small.
Vaclav, what receipt did you upload to Samsung for your free Fit 2? The receipt I got from Verizon says nothing at all that I ordered a Note 7. Will that work?