Smartphones

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Submitted for the Fit 2, that seemed to make the most sense! Can't wait!
Have fun, i've had my Pebble on for 3 years? 24/7 almost, even when i sleep, i'll probably take it off once a month and lay it on the desk, then hear the buzzzzzzz rattlin on the desk for a phone or txt.

Inque

FunEmployed
If you did your order online, you can submit the info after you receive your device and show proof of purchase through the receipts in your My Verizon account. Otherwise, if you did it in a store you can also go back and guilt them into printing a detailed receipt for you as well showing your purchase.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vaclav, what receipt did you upload to Samsung for your free Fit 2? The receipt I got from Verizon says nothing at all that I ordered a Note 7. Will that work?

I did an online purchase from Sprint - for that, I used the packing slip. There's a phone line that you can call into with questions if you're having complications with their promotions though through the normal Samsung 800 system.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Ok, one week review of the Note 7 as compared to my iPhone 6s. Speedwise, the nod definitely goes to the iPhone. General usage is snappier when opening apps and such. I notice the Note lag at times during general swiping and launching apps.

The Note takes the nod in multitasking. Being able to run two apps simultaneously is awesome from a productivity prospective.

App selection, it was almost a draw here, but overall, the iPhone apps are more polished. I admit this is subjective. I miss iMessage. I use Duo as a FaceTime alternative.

Battery life. Another win for the iPhone. But with the ability to fast charge, that isn't a big deal to me. The screen on the Note is worth the battery life hit.

Misc stuff: The s pen features are very useful. An so are the edge panels. A win for the Note.

Camera: Easy win for the Note.

Last edited:

Crone

I did an online purchase from Sprint - for that, I used the packing slip. There's a phone line that you can call into with questions if you're having complications with their promotions though through the normal Samsung 800 system.
Yeah, got rejected first time because the receipt that I got from Verizon showed paying $53 and change in Tax, but literally says nothing about what I'm paying that for. I screen capped something off of Verizon's website that shows the Note 7 on a new device payment plan and hopefully that works.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Well shit my Note 3 is starting to go tits up and I didnt pre-order a 7 and ofc they are sold out everywhere. I fucking swear phone makers have the device failure to new release shit timed to the millisecond. I cannot even get a 5, they got rid of them all just before 7s release.

Crone

Well shit my Note 3 is starting to go tits up and I didnt pre-order a 7 and ofc they are sold out everywhere. I fucking swear phone makers have the device failure to new release shit timed to the millisecond. I cannot even get a 5, they got rid of them all just before 7s release.
I didn't pre-order a Note 7 and got one day 1. It's all about where you live. In this case, I think most people were like meh, not interested, and then they got a friend that got one and was like this thing is amazing and then they were like shit, I gotta get me some of that! I have 2 friends that have gotten a Note 7 this week, after hearing me talk about it and seeing mine.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
All these people talking about how awesome their new phone is just makes my wait for the Nexus launch even worse. I hope I manage to get lucky when they go on sale and don't have to wait months for them to be in stock.

Vaclav

S7 Edge should be easy enough to find and fundamentally the same phone for 99% of stuff.

Crone

So the first submission I sent to Samsung didn't say Note 7 on it, because it was just for the tax, and literally, says nothing about a Note 7 purchase. A screen cap I took from Verizon's website, got rejected because it doesn't show a purchase date.... Fuck! Now I regret not getting it from somewhere that would of given me a normal fucking invoice. This blows! This is turning into one of those shitty rebate things where you send the UPC and everything necessary and still tell you that it's rejected.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
After much deliberation, I'm returning the Note 7. The hardware is phenomenal. The software is severely lacking. Touchwiz is lagging like a bitch, even after wiping the cache and factory resetting. The final nail in the coffin was the battery life. It's terrible if you actually use the phone. I just can't leave iOS's smoothness. Maybe I'll get an iPhone 7 or wait for the 8.

Inque

FunEmployed
Glad I held off as well. I picked up the Droid Z Force as my work device, hesitant to get the Note 7 after seeing multiple people clamoring their devices were exceptionally warm the past week or so. I read about the potential recall last night and sure enough most of today we spent returning/exchanging devices. Samsung is kicking in a $25 gift card for accessories to anyone who purchased a Note 7 and allowing them to exchange to an S7 or S7 Edge but we're also honoring replacements, even if damaged physically, to any device. The shitty part is a LOT of people pre-ordered and just got their devices and are NOT happy to be sitting w/o a Note 7.

Crone

Wonder what determines what device you got. Mine doesn't get hot at all.

I guess it's just about expectations. My wife has the iPhone 6s, and no problems with it, but I came form a Note 5, and the Note 7 is for sure a big improvement over that. Battery is better, the phone fits better in my hand, etc. Really happy that I upgraded after just a year with the Note 5.