Smartphones

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Call up the customer service number, tell them to use their Google-fu.

Yeah, this really sounds like a question for Fi Customer service. I think calling their 800 number is a lot better way to find a CS rep than posting here.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Saying they are proud to work with Verizon again was pretty funny. They Galaxy Nexus was a clusterfuck on Verizon. I had the sprint version and I still had to root it to get the latest version of android.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was just looking at moving my family over to AT&T, but with this announcement I will be staying on Fi. Not sure what I will put my wife and daughter on.

They said you'll be able to pre order it today. Play store is down atm.

It's up for me, but I don't see the phone on there yet.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What does this phone offer over something like a 1+3 besides the 821 SoC?

Free, unlimited storage on Google photos, Google assistant (likely coming to other phones as a replacement for Now), 24/7 live support, supposedly one of the best cameras ever (note they stated "Of the devices we tested") and it will work on any carrier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure the 1+3 will work on any carrier too. Camera I'm not too concerned about, but if one really sucks, that's a valid point. Software and photo storage...meh. I buy phones for hardware and cost, not attached software. But, thanks for answering. None of that really seems worth $250.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty sure the 1+3 will work on any carrier too. Camera I'm not too concerned about, but if one really sucks, that's a valid point. Software and photo storage...meh. I buy phones for hardware and cost, not attached software. But, thanks for answering. None of that really seems worth $250.

Nope, the Oneplus 3 is GSM only, so no Verizon or Sprint.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, didn't know. Not on those carriers, but thanks. I think I'd rather buy whatever moto has to offer in the $400 range if I had to go with Verizon or Sprint...I guess? God, that phone is ugly though. Or maybe just get a Note, assuming the battery fix works out.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Made by Google

You can preorder it now. Says it ships in 2-3 weeks. I decided to hell with it, I've worked enough overtime in the last 2 months to treat myself and went with a XL 128 GB version. 32 GB is just too little storage for me nowadays.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The past couple days we're getting wrecked with Note 7 exchanges. A woman comes into our store, this device in her hand smells like nail polish and is charred. I look, it's a damn Galaxy S7! Fucking glass melted on the front corner, smells burnt and awful when you get close to it. Exchanged it for a new device. Didn't think much of it until the last two days we've had at least 6 or 7 people coming into our store reporting their S7's are super heating, and one I had in my hand was so hot it burned when you touched the metal. I wonder if this is going to be a thing now...

The processors on the new phones are getting really fast. Like, faster than laptops from a few years ago. Packed into such small spaces with no cooling...

And the batteries are super dense explosives too. I imagine as they try to min/max these phones they will run into this more. The iphone 7 is hot when the CPU is going full time. When I got mine and it was doing the indexing of photos thing for facial recognition while it was plugged in charging (and off) it was hot as shit when I picked it up. Cooled off quickly after I unplugged it but it's goddamn alarming.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Made by Google

You can preorder it now. Says it ships in 2-3 weeks. I decided to hell with it, I've worked enough overtime in the last 2 months to treat myself and went with a XL 128 GB version. 32 GB is just too little storage for me nowadays.
Pre-ordered mine as well, but I just did the 32gb. I don't know the last time I had storage issues, and with the unlimited free cloud storage for pictures and video, I am not even a little concerned about it. Estimated delivery date is October 26-28

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Cell networks are still pretty shitty shitty where I live, so I have a habit of keeping lots of music and video on the device, plus I often use it as a substitute flash drive. 64 GB would have been fine, but 32 GB is just too small.