Smartphones

Siliconemelons

LOL the Priv had a keyboard slide out and the navigation was software- you also had a software keyboard if you hid your physical keyboard - the mercury the keyboard is always there pysically and the Android navigation buttons are hardware captive buttons.

Also I "think" the keyboard is touch sensitive so you can use it to scroll and highlight - select etc. its actually quite nice, the Priv had it.. and the space-bar is rumored to look odd because its a fingerprint reader.

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
The S3 was similar in style to the Galaxy Nexus, but the guts were different. The S3 had a Snapdragon S4, which is a decent step up from the TI OMAP in the GNexus.

The S3 may be a marginal improvement over your Moto E, but not much. Have tried upgrading the E to Lolipop? Even if you choose to go to the S3, you definitely want to factory reset the E and maybe keep it around as an emergency backup.
I've actually went through all apps and removed/deleted the extra apps data and removed Facetablet app completely. If a factory reset will help, I'd be all for it. As far as switching to another OS, from KitKat, Straight Talk phones won't upgrade, I don't think?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've actually went through all apps and removed/deleted the extra apps data and removed Facetablet app completely. If a factory reset will help, I'd be all for it. As far as switching to another OS, from KitKat, Straight Talk phones won't upgrade, I don't think?

Well, a little googling shows that the Straight Talk/Tracfone version (XT830C) was the only one to not get Lolipop, so unless you root you're out of luck there. Looks like the S3 stopped getting updates after 4.3, where the E should have 4.4.

A factory reset will do a lot more for you than just deleting apps and clearing cache and such. It will re flash the operating system which can fix file system errors that can happen with flash memory and things of that nature. You should back up everything you can then factory reset and see if that fixes your problems. If the phone seems stable after that, add back apps one by one and see how they affect performance.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
VERIZON UNLIMITED

Holy god damn! I survived with grandfathered unlimited data until it happened. Praise Be!

No more bullshit work-arounds to use my upgrades!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How did the Pixel updates end up going on Verizon? Same day as the Nexus devices?

I'm paying $60-90/mo w/ Fi, $80 including the line fee is nice. I'd use bit more data if I knew it was unlimited. Maybe go back to a multi-line account w/ my wife.

If updates are no longer shit and they get the next round of Google devices it'll be something to seriously consider.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well you're welcome. I just left Verizon so clearly that's why they actually made a good plan.

I like Fi, but knowing every MB is 1 cent messes with you psychologically

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Well you're welcome. I just left Verizon so clearly that's why they actually made a good plan.

So... 5 GB costs the provider 51.2¢ to supply the service and the rest is overhead and profit? Is this a top tier supplier cost?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

That's why I've stuck with a grandfathered verizon unlimited plan. Many months I don't use more then 5gb, but I like not having a concern in any corner of my mind about going near a limit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's why I've stuck with a grandfathered verizon unlimited plan. Many months I don't use more then 5gb, but I like not having a concern in any corner of my mind about going near a limit.
I mean really like the difference between 1 and 5GB would be nearly negligible for me.. but my wife won't shut up about it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'd like to give a shout out to T-Mobile for accelerating the customer bleeding at Verizon that led to this!

Capitalism! It doesn't screw us over once in a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users