Smartphones

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Whats so great about this Note 8?

So I can't speak for anyone else here, people are posting moto x and other shitty phones as tolerable.

After recent perspnal study this month, i conclude If it doesn't say LG Apple or Samsung it is pure garbage.

I don't know what people do with their phones but I do everything and multi task non stop, and none of the old busted devices you all mention have worked.

I need a phone that can handle my banking while I'm streaming a video to my child's tablet while also verifying each location is open on a spreadsheet for the entire state.

I've tried shitty sub expensive phones and they are all garbage and I've returned every single one.

Note8 is just the next step up, there's nothing flagship about it or the Apple iX coming next month, camera and battery better than anything out plus 6 gigs of ram for multi tasking.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You won't notice 3300mah vs 3500.

Hmm - you might be right, I guess the battery "size" that I noticed is more about software improvements and hardware efficiency than pure size. It goes NOTICEABLY longer on a charge for me than my S7 Edge did with a battery that is (supposedly) larger.

I thought S7 Edge was 3300 or so, but actually was 3600 - so it "downgraded" in size, yet actually lasts about twice as long for me in use. So I guess raw size isn't entirely key.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Jokes aside I have 3 stores running a test right now with an s8 plus versus the note8, note8 has 7 to 9% left when each s8plus shuts off.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
There's one thing that bothers me about all of this.

Every Carrier has now removed the ability to watch the type of video stream that all these devices are set up for, everyone been seeing this?

Verizon was the last and they just nerfed video usage.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Brekk,

Quick question how does the 300 trade in work, is that at point of sale through bb or do you have to do it through your carrier?

I dunno I talked to a Best Buy rep yesterday and he said its done at time of receipt of the phone and is handled as a Verizon bill credit. I'm not sure how you're getting an instant discount other then the $150 off. I don't really care about bill credits, I almost always keep my phones for a full 2 years, and even at 18 months, you'd have gotten 75% of that $335 bill credit, which still equates to far more then what that phone is currently worth as a private sale or trade in.

Whats so great about this Note 8?

Nothing in particular. I just happen to line up as a late summer/early fall upgrade schedule. I'm 6 months off the the regular Galaxy S phone releases, so the Note 8 aligns with my current end of contract which was Aug 10th. With all the pre-order trade-in benefits it barely costs more then an S8/S8+ so why not get the latest and greatest?

There's one thing that bothers me about all of this.

Every Carrier has now removed the ability to watch the type of video stream that all these devices are set up for, everyone been seeing this?

Verizon was the last and they just nerfed video usage.

That's why I finally switched to a Verizon "Unlimited"*** Plan last Tuesday before the Wednesday change to streaming, I killed off my grandfathered unlimited in the knick of time. I will still be limited to 720P but on a phone that's fine. I rarely even stream 1080 on youtube on my computer. It sucks, but there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to quality of service from Wireless companies.

*** - Unlimited my ass.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Confused.

Why is anyone going anywhere but best buy for the note8?

300$ trade in with a working device up front off the cost, as well as an additional 150 off. 960 drops to 510.

I don't want bill credits that start in 2 cycles because I upgrade every 12 to 16 months and you lose whatever promo credits you were receiving when you upgrade.

Anyone see a better deal anywhere?

Because I got $425 for my trade in through Samsung directly. The unlocked model was $930-425=$505 plus the preorder freebies. How is that not a good deal? Same as the best buy one at the very least.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Verizon is giving me $480 trade in value of my S7 Edge. On top of the Best Buy $150 discount, and the freebies from Samsung! Reason you go to Best Buy is to save another $150. Or am I missing something?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Verizon is offering the 480 as credits over 24 months atarting bill cycle 3, i'm looking for up front off the cost of the device best price with whatever abuse I have to do.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nope, that's why. You get the same freebies Samsung is giving out, plus an additional $150 off. But ONLY on carrier locked phones. They are offering no discount on the unlocked version (which sucks, I would prefer that one due to Verizon bloatware)

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'm jealous as shit and that's the deal I want, what device did you trade my note5 only got 300 off, did you have a note7 to trade?

I traded in an old iPhone 5 I had laying around. Got $425 right off the top and used Samsung Financing to split the rest into payments. I’ll have it payed off in like 3 months though. But 0% for 24 months and $425 off the top (not lame bill credits). That’s the best deal. I qualified because I bought a note 7 in the past so my email was registered with Samsung.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The closest Best Buy, were I live is about 4hours south of me, besides I need a Unlocked phone because of my work..

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The closest Best Buy, were I live is about 4hours south of me, besides I need a Unlocked phone because of my work..

You can order online for delivery to you. You don't need to go into a physical store.