Smartphones

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is there a setting (I can't find it if there is) or an app that will prevent the phone from ringing if it's detected as a spam or political call? The phone itself will identify calls as such but I cannot find any way to tell it to ignore them.
ATT has a spam feature. It still rings but shows the number as "Spam". You then can block it and add it to the memory to not ring. This is free, and they have a more advanced version of it that runs a couple bucks a month.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Got my first iPhone (SE2020 for starters) after being all-android all the time and now I get it. I get the hype.

Bought a used iPad air a few months later just because. Now I hope my Galaxy Watch breaks down so I can get an apple watch as well.

Damn, this stuff just WORKS.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got my first iPhone (SE2020 for starters) after being all-android all the time and now I get it. I get the hype.

Bought a used iPad air a few months later just because. Now I hope my Galaxy Watch breaks down so I can get an apple watch as well.

Damn, this stuff just WORKS.
Were you buying shitty android phones before? Because every Galaxy I have owned works like a dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Were you buying shitty android phones before? Because every Galaxy I have owned works like a dream.
I had a bunch of Xiaomi phones and they weren't terrible but crashing wasn't unusual, maybe once a week or so, and over time they weren't as responsive as you'd expect.

Keep in mind though those were €200 phones so at the time a Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4, Mi A2 (wife had one as well), now the wife has a Redmi 9 and she keeps having issues.

Meanwhile, the cheapest iPhone - at twice my feel-good-price - still works like on day one.

I have also owned Galaxy phones, but that was a long time ago. S3 mini, wife had a S5 mini for a long while, and they were ok but ran out of space. At that point I made the switch to Xiaomi because they looked good on paper.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had a bunch of Xiaomi phones and they weren't terrible but crashing wasn't unusual, maybe once a week or so, and over time they weren't as responsive as you'd expect.

Keep in mind though those were €200 phones so at the time a Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4, Mi A2 (wife had one as well), now the wife has a Redmi 9 and she keeps having issues.

Meanwhile, the cheapest iPhone - at twice my feel-good-price - still works like on day one.

I have also owned Galaxy phones, but that was a long time ago. S3 mini, wife had a S5 mini for a long while, and they were ok but ran out of space. At that point I made the switch to Xiaomi because they looked good on paper.
I have used both extensively. Previous career was IOS based. IOS phones work great, I am just anti-closed proprietary system. And AAPL are douchhe bags about their phones. I like being able to swap in my own SD cards and not pay AAPL for expanded storage. My Galaxy S7 active was an amazing phone. It lasted 4 generations. I loved that phone to death. Armored and no case needed. I got the S20 Ultra last year when it came out. They run like Swiss time pieces. Cost a lot but it's 30 months at zero interest so I don't care. I like zero interest loans.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Seriously, fuck Google and fuck their stupid "tab groups" that they rolled out with no easy way to disable. Their design teams are fucking retarded.

Rant over.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, I'm totally new to Apple watches, and I apologize if this has been asked before and recently, but my wife is really jonesing for an Apple watch. I'd like to get her one. She has an iPhone, she'd like to not have to carry it - women's clothing never has adequate pockets. Can you guys give me the tldr version of what apple watch to get her? I'm a newb over here.

• 1Pants on Fire!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Recently switched to iPhone for the first time in my life.

Man, apple needs to work on their UX and software. Broken software and unintuitive UX... Gonna give this shit a 6 month trial.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Recently switched to iPhone for the first time in my life.

Man, apple needs to work on their UX and software. Broken software and unintuitive UX... Gonna give this shit a 6 month trial.

you are either trolling or severely mentally handicapped. My 18 month old and 4 year old can work an iPad and iPhone with no issues.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
you are either trolling or severely mentally handicapped. My 18 month old and 4 year old can work an iPad and iPhone with no issues.
Android is just more intuitive. It's relative.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
So I'm having a weird issue. I'm on an Android phone, Razer 2 updated. I sent a message to a buddy which was just a stupid little meme. Ten minutes later I was looking to reply to someone with a gif and I noticed my entire download file is missing. I looked in the trash and recently deleted, nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I'm having a weird issue. I'm on an Android phone, Razer 2 updated. I sent a message to a buddy which was just a stupid little meme. Ten minutes later I was looking to reply to someone with a gif and I noticed my entire download file is missing. I looked in the trash and recently deleted, nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
1625925621910.png

Archived maybe? Seen Google want to do some weird shit with offloading images to their cloud services.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Of course apple decides to do this shit right after I get my first iPhone. Even the zealots on macrumors are pissed (see comments).

Honestly what difference does it make? When I had Android I just assumed google was monitoring all my shit anyways.

• 1WTF

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Of course apple decides to do this shit right after I get my first iPhone. Even the zealots on macrumors are pissed (see comments).

Honestly what difference does it make? When I had Android I just assumed google was monitoring all my shit anyways.

This is why I have always laughed at people who consider Apple a privacy focused company. They tried to be like Google and have an ad platform that knew everything about you and failed. They just pivoted and turned that failure into the privacy friendly narrative.

I can easily see this being abused and if I was an iPhone user I would jump ship if they got through with it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was considering a switch recently but fuck no if this goes forward

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
This is why I have always laughed at people who consider Apple a privacy focused company. They tried to be like Google and have an ad platform that knew everything about you and failed. They just pivoted and turned that failure into the privacy friendly narrative.

I can easily see this being abused and if I was an iPhone user I would jump ship if they got through with it.
Ya. Prob will wait for galaxy s22 and switch back.

tiresome.