Smartphones

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, it's just kind of awesome that you can drop your phone on it and it magically charges up. I thought wireless charging was kind of a gimmick too, especially if you had to buy a separate case to do it, but now that I've tried it I'm actually fairly impressed. I don't think that the $60-100 prices some are charging can be justified, but $35 seems fair to me.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I always really liked the touchstone when I still used my touchpad. I've been waiting for google to release one for nexus 7 2013, but the galaxy note one might work just as well. Almost all of them are made for phones, and I'm afraid I would have to fuck with it every time I put it down to get it to charge.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just make sure to get on the Google Play store ASAP. I was able to snag an original Nexus 7 and a Chromecast both on their day of release, and they both sold out later that same day, and stayed sold out for a few weeks. It helps if you have internet access at work to check every half hour or so. I've yet to see a new Google piece of Hardware that sold out instantly, you usually have at least a couple hours.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Probably somewhere between 9-noon pacific time. Both the chromecast and Nexus Tablets went on sale in the morning, but not ungodly early or anything since Google HQ is on Pacific time.

edit - just looked up my confirmation email for the Chromecast. Bought it at 12:05(noon) pacific time. And I guarantee that was within the first hour they went on sale, I was watching it pretty closely.
Order date: Jul 24, 2013 12:04:59 PM PDT

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can anyone comment on real world battery life of the 5S? I've got an S4 and the battery life is killing me. I hate to admit it, but other than the fantastic screen I just don't care for my S4. The wife loves it though, so I am contemplating giving it to her and getting the 5S.
I made the switch from android to iPhone and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Battery life is easily over a day between charges. This is with moderate use web browsing, texts, and games.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I have never bought a google item however reading most say to have your account setup with a credit card already input. Supposedly this makes the checkout process faster, inputting that info probably causes enough lag/time to get those dreaded spinning wheels waiting on the next page to load.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The Nexus 5 leaks are coming thick and fast now. Nov 1st release is pretty much nailed on.

Canadian carrier Wind Mobile has put a up pre-registration for the phone with full specs but has since been taken down

wind1.jpg

wind2.png

Photos of crates of Nexus 5 in the LG distribution centre being shipped out

nkafxfw.jpg

spupycx.jpg