Smartphones

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just got a Galaxy S6 at the ATT store. Was clearly head and shoulders the best option available there.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a first gen Nexus 7 and updated to 5.0.2 and it ran so terrible that I went back to 4.4. I'm surprised Google put out Lollipop on the first gen Nexus 7 because the hardware can't handle it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
s6 as well, sprint. was a close choice between the s6 and m9. the m9s body doesn't look as impressive as my m7. hearing the camera, battery and cpu are a tad better on the s6 and wanting to try a new brand pushed me over.

anyone else on sprint consider the lease option? i still paid the ~270 + 2 year contract and have to fill out the $50 rebate. $5 a month ($20 - $15 customer loyalty credit) was tempting alternative though. as the conversation continued, seems the fine print of tax pushed it over $6 a month, then i would continue to pay $6 after the 2 years till i got a new lease. and if i just wanted to buy my phone at the end of 2 years, i'd have to pay $200. they offered me ~40 bucks for my m7 but figured i'd keep it as backup just home tablet.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Battery life is not an Android issue, it's a phone issue.
I've only had the HTC Incredible and the Samsung Nexus (two versions of it) and the Incredible lasted all day while the Nexus did not. I could last maybe 3-4 hours of mid use on the Nexus before battery died. That is with rooted and with custom ROM. I like the simplistic approach of the iPhone, however, I cannot get over how shitty the keyboard is. I miss my fucking Swype/Swiftkey the most.

After my contract ends, I will most likely be going back to Android anyways because I love the customizability of it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've only had the HTC Incredible and the Samsung Nexus (two versions of it) and the Incredible lasted all day while the Nexus did not. I could last maybe 3-4 hours of mid use on the Nexus before battery died. That is with rooted and with custom ROM. I like the simplistic approach of the iPhone, however, I cannot get over how shitty the keyboard is. I miss my fucking Swype/Swiftkey the most.

After my contract ends, I will most likely be going back to Android anyways because I love the customizability of it.
iOS 8 allows for custom keyboards nad Swiftkey is already on it, and I think Swype is coming. So your problems are solved? If you already have an iPhone, go download it and you're set?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

I had two of those three phones myself and I can tell you that battery life has improved dramatically since then. When I had my HTC Incredible and my Galaxy Nexus I used to carry spare batteries in my pocket at all time. My last two phones (LG G2 and Moto X 2014) have no problems getting through the day.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Loving my new Samsung S6 Edge. Easily the best phone I've ever had. The fingerprint sensor is hands-down MUCH better than the iPhone equivalent, I haven't had it not register once. It is as smooth as can be and the battery life, even with its smaller mAh, is very good.

Samsung just hit a homerun with the S6 and S6 Edge.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think both Samsung phones, and Tablets are wayyyy ahead of Apple right now in every respect.

The note 12 and the S6 edge make apple products look like toys, and Samsung has plenty of app support now.

Mageling

iOS 8 allows for custom keyboards nad Swiftkey is already on it, and I think Swype is coming. So your problems are solved? If you already have an iPhone, go download it and you're set?
Swype/Swiftkey/etc are already on iOS8, but there are a lot of limitations on the keyboard API in the current iteration. Quality is iffy assuming you're coming from Android, but they do provide the ability to use a swipe style keyboard. They don't allow usage in certain apps/locations, so it can be jarring to jump from one of these additional keyboards to the stock iOS version. (That white can be a bit too bright)

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loving my s6 edge. Best phone I have had or used. Battery life is okay so far.. but having some issues with the stupid wifi bug that people are talking about with the new android release.

Cannot believe how amaizng the screen is and the performance of the camera. Really makes taking photos a lot easier when the camera works as fast as you want it to.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loving my s6 edge. Best phone I have had or used. Battery life is okay so far.. but having some issues with the stupid wifi bug that people are talking about with the new android release.

Cannot believe how amaizng the screen is and the performance of the camera. Really makes taking photos a lot easier when the camera works as fast as you want it to.
How are you liking the edge part? It is actually useful, or more of a cool look at me and my phone feature?

Tenks

When I was at the store I couldn't justify the Edge. It appeared like another thing to break and didn't add enough functionality. It did look pretty sleek though since there was basically zero bezel on the side.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sprint is running a fairly decent deal at the moment if you switch from another carrier

They pay off your current contract, and then you get unlimited everything (data & talk) for $80 a month, plus a completely free new phone every year. Right now they are offering the Samsung S6 for free to start this deal.

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webVi...H&sc=&k=1gCEvl

Only downside is that it's Sprint, I know their coverage still sucks in some areas(its great here, but their world HQ is also here, so it better be)

niss_sl

shitlord
I'm looking to upgrade my iphone5s and would really like to get the 6plus but am worried about the size. I think it'll fit just fine into all of my dress pants/jeans/shorts. I tested it with a plain 6 (I'm a dude). But I am worried about what happens when I sit down with the 6+. My work involves a lot of sitting, standing and walking and it's imperative for my phone to be able to stay in my pants. It would be far too much annoyance to have to take it out of my pants each time I sit down. The 6+ would be amazing though since I do happen to use it a lot for work as well (apps and stuff). Any thoughts?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go find a showroom / friend with a 6+, put it in your pocket, sit and stand a few times. (Probably best to tell the shop what you are doing first)

For me, it becomes a matter of user friendliness. If I can't open and sent texts with one hand easily, it is a no go for me.

niss_sl

shitlord
I guess I'm looking for first person experiences. I can't go to a showroom with a half a dozen pants to try the phone on...I was hoping that someone that has had it for a few weeks/months would be able to have some good thoughts on it.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
I guess I'm looking for first person experiences. I can't go to a showroom with a half a dozen pants to try the phone on...I was hoping that someone that has had it for a few weeks/months would be able to have some good thoughts on it.
I have a 6+, it fits in pockets fine. Previous phone was a Note 3, so this is just a tad bigger in size, but even bigger with a case. I didn't use a case with the Note 3, and that was also lighter. There have been a couple times when the 6+ has not sat right in my pocket and almost slipped out, but that's because my pack of gum, also in the pocket, got in the way.

The regular 6 seems like a good size. I wanted the better camera and higher resolution display so I went with the plus. Only trouble is sometimes you need two hands.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Note on the 6+, if you lightly tap the home button without pressing the button down, the screen will slide down to make it easier to use one handed (or at least I'm told that was the intent of this).

Mine fits in my pocket just fine, but I'm also 6'4'' and not a small guy.

I opted to skip the case and went with the Applecare instead since I prefer the look/feel of the phone without the case.

Depending on where you buy it, you can always buy one, and return it within a week if it doesnt work right for you.

Also worth mentioning it's a pretty safe bet we're going to see a new iphone in September.