Smartphones

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
With Swype, I would never want a 'real' keyboard back on a phone. Why don't you just get an Android, then?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I uninstalled the facebook app and I see a 20% improvement (20% more charge) by the end of work. The mobile web version is faster than the stupid app too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Swiftkey and the default android keyboard both have swipe capability now though. Blackberry is a sinking ship. I wouldn't buy that thing.

I spent half an hour trying to upload 4 pictures with the facebook app this morning and finally uninstalled it in a rage. The mobile web version is definitely shittier than the app but I'm sick of this shit so I'm going to give it a try. Transferred the pics to my PC and uploaded them on the same wifi that the facebook app said had no connectivity and they uploaded just fine.

Siliconemelons

Did anyone get the Blackberry Priv? I really miss having a physical keyboard and the keyboard on the iPhone sucks and I want Android back, lol.
I played with it at the ATT store, I cannot wait for it to come to Verizon - I will switch from my BB Classic to the Priv.

Nothing beats a real keyboard imo.. Swype is okay..but a real keyboard is still nicer to me.

And the Priv is android.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think so. It's cheaper insurance than you get most other places.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know. I've never bought insurance for a phone and luckily have never needed it. I probably just jinxed myself.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I am in the market for a new phone. Was looking into the 6p. Is the nexus protect worth the extra 90$?

Thanks.
Nexus Protect is worth it. Coworker broke his and get it replaced stupidly quick (2-day shipping for new one with label to resend in box)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I will never go without protection on a phone. Doesn't matter if you have never broken one, you never know when it can happen. Nexus Protect is way cheaper than most, so I find it to be well worth it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Relevant for this thread I think, MS has acquired Swiftkey.
What does SwiftKey have that Ms would want? Is this like a Swype thing? Start putting it default on all windows phones or something? I don't understand what's in it for MS to aquire them.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of breaking phones, I dropped my samsung gs6 walking into work this morning and cracked screen. I have another s6 refurb that doesnt work but screen is pristine should I just try to replace screen myself? Its looking like 230$ to fix if i sent it to Samsung and Im not doing that. Im just worried i might fuck sometging up swapping screen. Maybe there is a local shop that will do it for like 50 bucks?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Speaking of breaking phones, I dropped my samsung gs6 walking into work this morning and cracked screen. I have another s6 refurb that doesnt work but screen is pristine should I just try to replace screen myself? Its looking like 230$ to fix if i sent it to Samsung and Im not doing that. Im just worried i might fuck sometging up swapping screen. Maybe there is a local shop that will do it for like 50 bucks?

I would watch that and decide if you think you can do that without fucking it up.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hell, what's the worst that could happen? As of right now you have 2 broken phones that you can't use. Give it a try, and worst-case scenario you still have 2 broken phones you can't use.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just got a Nexus 5X. It's a bit yellow. :/ It's not terribly so, but definitely more yellow than my iPhone.

Do anyone of you with the 5X have a white screen?