Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best Buy here in town, somehow has 7 iPhone 5s 32gb Silver (white front) in stock. Wtf? Had them check other models, and none, but somehow 7 of the white ones. lol

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I went to check out the new iPhones yesterday. I think the gold one looks the best of the three 5s models. People must like it, there's a 1.5 month wait for the gold ones. The phone is super fast. If it only had a bigger screen..

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I went to check out the new iPhones yesterday. I think the gold one looks the best of the three 5s models. People must like it, there's a 1.5 month wait for the gold ones. The phone is super fast. If it only had a bigger screen..
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/gol...ry?id=20357575
One eBay seller, going by the username Papakar, recently sold an unlocked 16 GB gold iPhone for $10,100 in an auction that attracted 51 bids. The same model of iPhone is available to order on Apple's website, at $649.
Holy fuck are people stupid

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Where's Warhead to tell us the Gold plated iPhones have a six core processor with 32GB of RAM?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah not buying that as the excuse. The charger should only allow so much through it before it blows an internal fuse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

It takes 30mA to cause fibrillation. Your phone draws 500-1000 mA while charging. If there was a fuse in there (there isn't) it would be at least a 1.5-2A fuse. Fuses are good for preventing fires and melted wires but useless for protecting you from electrocution.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nobody was really buying the fake bricks. Everyone has tons of spare bricks from the iOS devices accumulated over the years, people upgrading to the newer devices only found their cables obsolete and most of the time, it's just the cable alone that was being sold.

Apple doesn't have the consumer's interest in mind here, that shouldn't be a surprise for anyone but a zombie like w4rh3ad
And the cable itself can't possibly electrocute you because it should only have access to 5V DC which is harmless. The only way that enough voltage to shock you could get to the cable is if the power supply had malfunctioned.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In short, because they refuse to listen to anyone and have convinced ignorant people that a 64bit processor actually means something and figure that's good enough.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well that's disappointing.

rrr_img_44546.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
A big reason for phones to slow down is because of electrical issues coming from the charger. Either the charger takes a zap from the wall, or while the phone is charging it takes a zap from the wall. A good way to avoid this is to always use an official charger, and to use a surge protector or better yet an online ups.
Holy shit how are we not still laughing at him for this. I had to read it like 5 times before I could accept what I was seeing.

Bro, I heartheseguys can help you if you got burned by a 3rd party charger.