Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
HTC has some really good hardware designs (HOX still best screen I've seen imo), but if their software continue to lags behind, no one will buy them again. My HOXL is still on ICS, which is a 2012 flagship device (before Butterfly J and DNA).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally got my Lumia 920. After having a 3GS for almost 3 years, I'm absolutely blown away by this phone. I've never seen a display as clear or as crisp. I honestly think it blows my monitor out of the water. The screen size, the size of the phone, everything about it is near perfect. My only complaint so far is battery life. With just about 1-2ish hours of web browsing, by the end of the day, it was at around 55%. The rest of the day it was in stand-by. Also not a big fan of how Facebook and other social networking is handled by the "people" tile(it's a much better process to use the specific apps, or hell, just use the web address). However, the way it automatically tied my Facebook friends to my contacts was fucking awesome.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
HTC charging ports are the worse. At work it is the first thing to fail on the phone and they never honor the warranty. I had an EVO it lasted 4 months before the port came loose they told me to pay $100 to replace it. F that, I went back to my original iPhone and used it till the 4s. IOS might not be as impressive as android, but the hardware in my experience is spot on. My 15 month old now uses my old 3G for watching video's. Still works even with him tossing it around on our hardwood floors.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Got my Nexus 4 yesterday. The phone is awesome. There isn't anything that it doesn't do in a snap. No lag whatsoever. Coming from a GNex is strange since the AMOLED is over-saturated as hell. Cheap S-line TPU case I bought is fantastic, too.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Got my Nexus 4 yesterday. The phone is awesome. There isn't anything that it doesn't do in a snap. No lag whatsoever. Coming from a GNex is strange since the AMOLED is over-saturated as hell. Cheap S-line TPU case I bought is fantastic, too.
Ya, I love my Nexus 4. I got that S-Line too, just until the official bumper comes back in stock. If you're looking for a full body protector this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

Has been getting great reviews.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Moto Razr Maxx HD oh god I love battery life
I had the first RAZR and the fucker was dead by noon. Thought about getting the Maxx but went with the Galaxy S3 instead. Best phone I have ever owned.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I just rolled out over 300 Galaxy S3 devices to my field employees last month. We love everything about them. I've been a huge proponent of the android OS, but I won't deny that iOS has done wonders for the mobile industry and I'm thankful for it. For me and my staff though, android meets all our business needs, gives us better(more) hardware options and are all cost effective. We also use android tablets (about 50 in the field) with great success. I personally still use my Droid Bionic because it just works, and I'm semi-attached to my universal motorola dock that works for both my phone and my tablet.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm having an issue with the site and my Lumia 920. Whenever I try to reply, whether it's an advanced reply or quick, the keyboard will come up for 1-2 seconds and then disappears. Anybody have any clue? I tried change the browser settings from mobile to desktop and it still doesn't fix it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its just rerolled.org? also is Dreagan using WYSIWYG for the website ?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think so. I haven't attempted other forums yet, since I don't dare brave the malware bullshit on the cesspool that is FoHGuild on a non-PC(I guess I could try PRX's forums). It definitely doesn't happen in other sites that require text input for things.

Homsar

I messaged Dreagan to see what he used to make the forum. I know there is issues with WP and posting on sites built with WYSIWYG and thats prolly the case here and why its somewhat of a pain to embed videos.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Seems to work on an iPhone (in both mobile and desktop modes). Posting this from mine now.

Homsar

Yeah like I said, it seems to be an issue with WP depended on how they built the website

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Just picked up a Galaxy Note 2 the other day, fantastic phone. Any recommendations on apps / games? Going to be rooting it in the next day or so, specifically so I can hook up my PS3 controller and play some mario / starfox.

Hows the build quality on your Nexus 4's? I'm very leery about LG quality and how they can price it at $299 without cutting corners. That said, I'm still considering it for my next phone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Titanium back up
Team win recovery twrp
Root explorer
Dolphin boat or ocean browsers
Media house for nas
Nova launcher

The stock swype like keyboard isn't bad you can also check out swype beta and Swift key flow I think it's called.

Recommend deleting everything Samsung once you get root unless you use it especially the syncing features which are mostly redundant with Google. Saves battery even though the note 2 had stellar battery every bit helps.