Smite 2

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Enjoyed the original quite a bit & glad that they're sticking with the Ultimate God Pack unlock. Pre-orders started today.

Edit: I'm retarded and posted this in MMO when I meant to put it in Other Games. Can a mod assist?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Long as it has arena mode, ain't woke and keeps Hollywood movie chars and junk out of it? I'm in.

Also this should be in other games.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Amod Amod pls see OP's request.
I guess someone did it already. Would appreciate if Amod Amod posted 'done' when they do things, so my dumb ass isn't trying to move a thread into the section it's already in...

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
lmao wtf is this shit, it's literally just a new graphics engine justified as a reason to double charge their player base for the same exact shit they owned in smite 1

it legit just looks like a slightly better version of the same exact game but none of your skins or other stuff transfers over

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well to be fair Smite has provided an extremely fair pricing model and continuous development on the product for 10 years. The recipe was a solid one that has maintained a fairly strong following for a decade which can not be said about a plethora of games. Its a 1 time fee of like 30 dollars to access all content/all gods for life...thats a pretty damn solid return on investment even as a casual. Not saying they are perfect by any means but its not just a new graphics engine. They have re-imagined a variety of components, stats, etc but why blow up the recipe when its an enjoyable experience.

I've transitioned from a fairly hard core smite player to casual with the wife when we get the itch but the fact she can play and actually enjoy herself and do a decent job is very appreciative while still having high skill ceilings. I've probably had 6-7 accounts over the years and its still probably the best return on investment i've had in 37 years of gaming. Looking forward to see what they are going to do it and how their audience grows/shrinks as they re-introduce it to the market. Watching some of their dev stuff one good thing is going to be the ability to churn out more gods/content significantly faster due to the advancements in tech and change in strategy.

Plenty of gamers want the "new new" but others are also drawn to similar experiences with just adjustments to improve the game. But if you think your 30 dollars for 10 years of solid experience and access to full content/gods wasn't worth the money then by all means don't buy smite 2 but lets not come across as a fucktard by thinking they haven't been generous to their player base and don't have the right to charge for the significant changes and investment in development. Plenty of horrible companies out there that fuck us in the dick hole with massive dlc prices on single player games that are hardly any amount of content. This is not that...

Also they have at least provided some path ways and value from existing skins/transitioning so its not just double charging for what you have got.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeap great

image-365.png

you all have fun

Cybsled

They're following the Overwatch/Blizzard model

It’s ultimately short sighted as well. Players spend money if they think their purchases will have value and longevity

If you turn around and say “here is a marginal upgrade…btw your $200 in RMT skins are gone!”, that player is less likely to spend money on the next version that barely improved on the original

I’m convinced if Take Two makes Xcom3, they won’t allow mods and all cosmetics /new enemies/weapons will be RMT only (like Midnight Suns attempted to do)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought MTXs ported over in this cause it was just a graphical upgrade, is it confirmed they're just resetting everything? Cause that sounds pretty fucking dumb.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought MTXs ported over in this cause it was just a graphical upgrade, is it confirmed they're just resetting everything? Cause that sounds pretty fucking dumb.
They had this in their FAQ regarding Skins specifically. I know when DotA2 changed to Source 2 there were issues with a few skins and things (if I'm remembering correctly, it seems right).

1713467721745.png