Smite

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Are the default recommended items the way to go? In LOL some of the recommended builds blow so I don't know. I'm guessing it's like LOL where you stack like 4 DPS/respective stat items, boots, and a utility/defensive type item if you're DPS and same goes for different roles?

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. I love the amount of detail on the character models.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Are the default recommended items the way to go?
No. Like any MOBA, the default buy options are atrocious. Smite's shop is far less complex then say DOTAs but it still requires you to understand the game a bit before you figure out what builds to go for. For instance, every God needs to figure out when to prioritize beads/amulets depending on the opposing team's comp, tanks need to figure out if they're going to go more magic defense or physical defense heavy, solo needs to figure out if they're going to build tankier or with more pen, etc. Basically, you should use default at the beginning because you don't know what to get but that should stop fairly early once you have a grasp of the basics.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
No. Like any MOBA, the default buy options are atrocious. Smite's shop is far less complex then say DOTAs but it still requires you to understand the game a bit before you figure out what builds to go for. For instance, every God needs to figure out when to prioritize beads/amulets depending on the opposing team's comp, tanks need to figure out if they're going to go more magic defense or physical defense heavy, solo needs to figure out if they're going to build tankier or with more pen, etc. Basically, you should use default at the beginning because you don't know what to get but that should stop fairly early once you have a grasp of the basics.
There are a wide variety of builds for about every god out there and every role depending on team make up etc. Main thing people that are new need to know is you need activities or you will get picked because the action is fast and furious. Beads is almost a must for 80% of the gods unless you are a support or warrior solo.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
There are a wide variety of builds for about every god out there and every role depending on team make up etc. Main thing people that are new need to know is you need activities or you will get picked because the action is fast and furious. Beads is almost a must for 80% of the gods unless you are a support or warrior solo.
Add me as turbofangz if you have any questions on builds etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Currently been playing casually with a guy who's ranked in the top 250. Learning a lot, i just have to get better in my ability to play different characters. I have about 6 I'm proficient in and 3 I'm almost unstoppable in. Clearly this isn't enough to take the next step but it's been a lot of fun so far.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Loving this game atm. Playing with friends and it's loads of fun. Really digging Sol atm. So op.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Loving this game atm. Playing with friends and it's loads of fun. Really digging Sol atm. So op.
Anyone following the SPL? Kind of nice they are having a super regionals with a $1M prize and then the world championship. Curious what the total prize will be at the world's.

I'll call Eager to win it all, they have always been my favorite team. The way AFK gaming is playing even as number 1 seed i think they are going to get suprised. Not sure how the brackets are setup but if its possible i'll say Cloud 9 (last years Cog team that won it all) will finish 2nd behind Eager if possible. They had alot of shitty no-show losses earlier in the season and have been hitting their stride.

I started a new account for shits, i am staying away from ranked for a few months while i get back into shape in real life but still need a little gaming to tie my free time up! I don't want to ruin my double plat rankings so figured i'd leave things alone and see if i get any special skins this time around for finish in plat. Also interested in getting the account to max lvl and see where i qualify. My first game on him as a noob i went 53-3 with Zeus hahahha, oh god it was the most insane fun i have ever had. Smashed my 43-1 He bo record in a game.

I'm playing as Drfangz if anyone is newer or looking for someone to play with. Sometimes on Turbofangz but i will spend my time on the new account for the next few months. I really like where the game is at right now with the meta and like they aren't afraid to continue to tweak the gods and items that are getting the most use etc. Still waiting for a minor buff to He Bo and then i'm bringing the house down. Think my main account he bo is almost 11k kills and assists.

On the SPL, i think Europe is going to come over for worlds and get their shit pushed in hardcore. I think our top 3-4 teams are all superiour by far to their entire roster outside of their top team. We will see but i think its going to be a blood sport for us; no clue how China and SA has been progressing so that will be the interesting part.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Jumped from silver 2 to gold 2. That was pretty nice.

Is there a website to find out what pros are building on gods other than twitch? The mobafire website for Smite is terribly out of date.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Reminder for those who like e-sports, super regionals start today and go through the week. I think about $500k in prize and more importantly chance to go to worlds. They changed the format up completely this year as far as having a super regionals which is abit odd but still much smite to be played!

I'll say Eager wins the super regionals and world's. I'll call a sleeper Cloud9 pulls a surprise as well and finish's top 3 even though they sucked early this year. China can go get fucked, they might be good and point and click MOBA's but I think we will still dominate them this year in Smite. AUS/Latin America shouldn't have much to compete with.

Took a break but made a 2nd account and just about to get to 30 to see where I end up in qualifiers. My main account I made plat in both joust and conquest so figured I'd leave them alone incase they have some unique skins for people who finish plat like they did last season.

They patched at least abit better logic for handling people who leave in ranked games but they still need to bring the fucking hammer down on people that leave or afk, so fucking annoying to have to 4v5 25-30% of your games because of some 12 yr old kid quitting because he got raped.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Made my way to plat 3 from qualifying into silver. Going to take a break and fuck around in LOL for now. I like how Smite gives you a bonus for doing well and bumping you through the ranks whereas in league you gotta trudge your way through hell. Way more people use Curse voice in Smite too, which I guess is both good and bad.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
World Championship starts tomorrow. C9 or broke i say. Sad to see Eager broke up, they were the 2nd best team basically all year, i understand disappointment but with the amount of money on the line i'd wish they would have gave it one more season but with Omega jumping ship because he was not happy with their performance i'm sure that started the domino effect.

Hope the Chinese get fucking beat down. Damn Asia can dominate LOL but love to keep the top talent coming from NA!

Ryoz

<Donor>
Yea I picked C9 and Omgb for my in-game picks. Pretty cool that they are giving out codes for skins and chests. Dig it.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Jumped in to this the other day, played a ranked game, some arena and an assault match. In the Conquest match two guys were just berating the hell out of this one guy who eventually went 7-7. Arena was a joy as usual but in Assault this one guy just continually smashed down this Herc player. The Herc player said it was their first time playing Herc and this guy just continued to yell at him until he left.

Long and short is the player base still seems terrible for me except Arena. I really want to like this game because, unlike other MOBA's, it's actually fun. Unfortunately, just like other MOBA's, the community is shit.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I like how Smite gives you a bonus for doing well and bumping you through the ranks whereas in league you gotta trudge your way through hell. Way more people use Curse voice in Smite too, which I guess is both good and bad.
this is exactly it sirs. smite is a great game too.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ranked is abit better once you get out of low levels. Maybe 10% of games where most players in curse ever get ugly in my experience, its games where idiots aren't in curse. Casuals....i don't play conquest EVER, just strictly ranked conquest and arena. Did a quick joust ranked run to get plat and left it at that. Maybe season 3 i'll focus on that more. Arena is just so damn fun!

C9 looked awesome today, Epsilon & Fnatic playing now, good match up. Season 3 i hope they fucking nerf bellona and xin, so dumb what they can do damage and tankiness wise. I'm 90% a mage player (mid almost always) and support when i don't play that so i am hoping for some balancing towards mages just a bit! Also i'd love to see them to revert aegis changes (taking cc break from it) to give more diversity from everyone just having beads. I really want to bust my 10k kill he bo back into ranked but so hard against good players.

I think Hi-rez has done a great job on producing and putting on tourney so far OTHER then the on stage player interviews before the game. So awkard....like there hasn't been one real shit talking or conversation and the guy asking questions is fucking horrible. The one stand out was the chinese guy who didn't speak english but learned to say "we will beat you bad" !! (and then got his ass raped, was Night).

Looking forward to tomorrow, Enemy has been doing really good but i still think C9 will win a tight one in the end. That Nox from MLCstealth was hot, he dominated.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone mess around with PTS for season 3 yet? I did the last day or so off and on and its definitely different. Cool down on relics make it a challenge to live as a mage mid if you don't have escapes in your kit but i like the general idea of relics. Nerf to alot of cool down reduction messed up alot of my core characters and the builds ive grown used to be such as life.

I don't really like the new joust map from a 1v1 perspective at all but 3v3 its a refreshing change. Can't wait for 3v3 ranked as i can play my mages without as much ganking!

I was in a game this morning with Incon from Envy (actually he just left the team i read!) on PTS on the other team and Jeff Hindla from C9 on my team plus some Eager boys on the other team and they were destoying us but i was fucking lighting them up! Was 7-3 with scylla early game and solo'd Incon full health on his Fenrir twice hhaha even though he was 12-3. Rest of my team was crap, Jeff the Sex Hindla went like 1-9
frown.png
And my team forfits right when I was coming online to 1 shot anyone but the fucking tank, was so sad. Amazing how i can be subpar against some random shitty folks but I get in a game with the pro's and i'm fucking wonder kid. Play to the level of your comp i guess!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Amazing how i can be subpar against some random shitty folks but I get in a game with the pro's and i'm fucking wonder kid. Play to the level of your comp i guess!
For all you know those guys did like 12 shots of whiskey and decided to pug and see who pukes first.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
For all you know those guys did like 12 shots of whiskey and decided to pug and see who pukes first.
Well it was 9 AM so if they are some fucking party animals that rival my college days especially on a weekday!

Man I am rocking a crazy build I put together and sometimes it just destroys in 3v3 depending if I get a good front liner; I go Doom Orb > Spear of Dem (new item) > Rod of Taut > Soul Reaver > Book of Thoth > ______ (depends on situation but Poly a lot of times as 75% on like 900+ magic power = rape auto attack).

I was playing with 2 horrible folks and I was Scylla and we stuck under titan for like 10 minutes and I finally got online and literally one shot someone with just a crush with this build hah. So nasty; no boots but 3v3 its a lot easier to pull off ivs CQ.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Man i qualified 10-0 in league and fuck me if that wasn't the biggest mistake of my life. My elo was so high i get nothing but master I and pro players even though it qualified me as Gold I. Today i played 3 games and had 5 god damn pro's in the games, always my luck on the other side of me. Why its so hard for Hi-Rez to not put hard logic to prevent anyone playing against more then a full division above them is beyond me. A gold 1 should not be playing against the top 50 players in the entire fucking world; thats unfair to both parties. To be fair i had a few momemnts of glory but end of the day i'm just not at that fucking level. I can't win enough to get into plat on this account when on my other one i made it cake because i was playing against players my skill level and was able to excel.

Huge flaw in basic logic; fucking dumb elo system. Hopefully the soft reset with season 3 helps. Oh look, KOREA and nShadowQ in my game, lets go have some fuN!

Edit - Oh sweet victory, played scylla mid last game which got all sorts of "you can't play her mid at high level" bs and we went against a team with 2 pro's on it and i went 5-0-4 with best KDA & damage and made them quit. One of our masters was like "oh, well i guess not all Gold players suck". Fuck you bitch!