SNES classic up for pre order at best buy

spronk

FPS noob
and out of stock already (took a bit over 20 mins) a mod can delete this thread now

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Walmart and target were like 1 minute. Either they messed up, or more likely, 99% were bought by bots

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
up today at walmart (sold out in 2 mins), up right now at target and gamestop
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Walmart and target were like 1 minute. Either they messed up, or more likely, 99% were bought by bots

DH2bsifUwAE4Lq0.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
At this point you have zero chance of preordering one online if you haven't already. Any stock will be immediately taken by bots.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
When true AI is born all the good stuff will be bought up by bots at the brick and mortar locations, too.

They'll just sit outside Best Buy day and night in sleep mode until something big is being released, then they'll activate and wait in line a week early.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

all places sold out :-( of preorder

lets hope nintendo does not act like nintendo and just amkes a fuckton of these things

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Was able to snag a pre-order at GameStop, 15 minutes after their tweet went up. Was already 4 people in-line ahead of me for 6 pre-orders total.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Apparently each Gamestop in Dallas area got 6 to 16 of them. But they also held some back for online bundles which are on sale right now.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I got 3 ordered last night from best buy, and I have one I got in store at gamestop today, 6th in line and they had 8 in the store (although I'm guessing another 3-4 went to employees). 1 for me, 2 for x-mas gifts, and 1 maybe to sell although i'll probably donate it to pet shelter raffle auction thing.

Nintendo ain't making more of this shit, if you didn't pick one up today from best buy, gamestop, target, or walmart you go ebay or don't get one.

It is still available on gamestop.com but right now only using the mobile app (website is down) and even then its like a 5% chance of actually checking out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah I got 3 ordered last night from best buy, and I have one I got in store at gamestop today, 6th in line and they had 8 in the store (although I'm guessing another 3-4 went to employees). 1 for me, 2 for x-mas gifts, and 1 maybe to sell although i'll probably donate it to pet shelter raffle auction thing.

Nintendo ain't making more of this shit, if you didn't pick one up today from best buy, gamestop, target, or walmart you go ebay or don't get one.

It is still available on gamestop.com but right now only using the mobile app (website is down) and even then its like a 5% chance of actually checking out.
Why wouldn't they make more of these things? Seems stupid? Let's not keep pumping out things that make us money!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
How many NES Classics did they end up making before it went out of production? 3 million? They said they would make more SNES than that, but that doesn't mean they'll make them all for the release date. I'm sure there will be a few more huge shipments for Holidays.

Why wouldn't they make more of these things? Seems stupid? Let's not keep pumping out things that make us money!

They stopped making the NES Classic for reasons unknown. I'd wager they weren't making much profit after hardware, licensing costs, and retailer cut.

The SNES Classic is $20 more, has less games (so less licensing costs), but does come with extra controller.

Siliconemelons

Eh I think I will just invest is nice controllers for my retro pie, Nintendo obviously does not want my money.