Snow White (2024)

Chris

Potato del Grande
i've never been to catholic school and i've only been to mass a couple of times just to experience it so i have limited knowledge. my uncle's sister is a nun and she seems pretty chill from the brief interactions i've had... but i also have heard plenty of horror stories. my mom grew up catholic and had stories of getting her knuckles smacked with a ruler on a daily basis. my point is that i don't know how fair it is to say that all catholic schools are one way or another and that they always produce ____ kind of kids, you know? i just know that the more forceful you are with someone, the less chance they are going to see your side of things.
My father always told stories of the nuns beating the shit out of the kids.

By the time I went in the 90s there were no nuns left and it was mostly just a regular school with the occasional prayer.

Anglicans and Catholics in the UK are just regular people, it's the smaller prodestant churches that produce the repressed sex crazed kids.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I think there’s a legit chance this movie never gets released

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I hope to god this movie does get released...and it loses a ton of money. The day Rachel Zegler gets blacklisted in Hollywood will be a good day.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
nWoWpz3jqKN3uPa7.jpeg

• 5Barf
  • 5Worf
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 11 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I take back every good thing I ever said about this cunt in the Shazam 2 thread.

Same, holy shit. And all I said was that she had nice legs. Well, fuck her legs!

Nobody said it was bad - I literally said "Rocky 1 is a good movie but the rest follow the same formula" which is why I don't think they need to be overrated which is what was going on before. And that's without pointing out the memberberry nostalgia feelings that a board of washed up EQ gamers is going to have for anything they grew up with in the 80s.

Except I didn't grow up with Rocky in the 80's. I saw it for the first time in like 2002, after I turned 18, then saw it for the second time like 3 weeks ago. Also it sure sounded like you were taking a roundabout dump on that series, way to backpedal.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't think people are complaining because these movies follow a formula. In fact I think it's the exact opposite. People who know the story of Snow White want to see a viable live action re-creation of it. They then come in and tump over that "formula" but subverting expectations and reimagining the story for a "more modern audience" and that's how they turn it to crap. They want to tell a different story, but get the built in audience of "Snow White". They're effectively wearing Snow White as a type of skin suit to hide the monstrosity they actually are...

200.gif

That's a terrific metaphor. These people wear the skin suits of things that are actually popular, created by people with actual talent, and use those skin suits as trojan horses for their nation-weakening ideological bullshit.

Was Weimar this bad?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I saw it for the first time in like 2002, after I turned 18,

You were born in 1984 and didn't see any of the Rocky movies until you were 18? I thought I had a sheltered upbringing with an evangelical, paranoid mother who wouldn't let me watch The Simpsons, told me "there's only one Master of the Universe - God" when I was watching He-Man as a child etc but bizarrely she let me watch a pirate copy of Terminator 2 in a bar whilst on holiday as a 9 year old

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

1. Snow White is now a successful lawyer working at a law firm and is the best lawyer ever: Prince Charming, on the other hand, is a stupid idiot legal intern who can't do anything right. Also, he's gay.
  2. To avoid ableism, Dopey's name is changed to Cognitively Divergent-y: And he's gay.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You were born in 1984 and didn't see any of the Rocky movies until you were 18? I thought I had a sheltered upbringing with an evangelical, paranoid mother who wouldn't let me watch The Simpsons, told me "there's only one Master of the Universe - God" when I was watching He-Man as a child etc but bizarrely she let me watch a pirate copy of Terminator 2 in a bar whilst on holiday as a 9 year old

I had a lot of other shit to do besides watch movies. I never saw any of the Karate Kids either (until a few years ago), despite doing a ton of martial arts as a kid and being literally the target audience. Did make time for TMNT1 and 2 though.

Incidentally Terminator 2 was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. Yeah, the first movie my mom took me to wasn't E.T. or American Tale. It was Terminator Fuckin' 2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I had a lot of other shit to do besides watch movies. I never saw any of the Karate Kids either (until a few years ago), despite doing a ton of martial arts as a kid and being literally the target audience. Did make time for TMNT1 and 2 though.

Incidentally Terminator 2 was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. Yeah, the first movie my mom took me to wasn't E.T. or American Tale. It was Terminator Fuckin' 2.
my first theater movie was Star Wars. and i first saw the first two Rocky movies when i was 8 in 1980. i did wait a few years to go see Rocky 3.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This sentiment always cracks me up when it comes up. Like, yeah brother, there are hundreds of great movies that came out by 2002, if you didn't watch all of them you must be sheltered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This sentiment always cracks me up when it comes up. Like, yeah brother, there are hundreds of great movies that came out by 2002, if you didn't watch all of them you must be sheltered.

Except he literally admitted it was true, moron. Go get pked with your shit-guild

"I had a lot of other shit to do besides watch movies. I never saw any of the Karate Kids either (until a few years ago), despite doing a ton of martial arts as a kid and being literally the target audience"

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users