Snowden (2016)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I gotta say, this looks pretty entertaining. No idea how much of that is made up, but I'll still watch it. JGL puts on a strange voice, though.

Haka

N00b
Looks good.

I hope it doesn't focus too much on the romance though. It's one thing to have someone for the character to have someone to share their thoughts with, to advance character building, another thing to make the story revolve around two lovebirds being separated aka #hollywood. Can't tell from the trailer, hoping for the best.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Critics of ___ do not waste time making a movie glorifying ___ . Only propagandists do.

Snowden could have been neck deep in hookers and blow, selling secrets left and right before doing this but we'll never know and the movie would be the same.

Shmoopy

Saw this. Pretty decent imho. I program for a living and none of the "hacker scenes" jumped out as being ridiculous. They didn't spend much time on that stuff anyway, which is good. Stone was able to portray the depth of Big Brother surveillance without going into tech jargon.

It's better than the 58% Tomato Meter implies. Some of the negative reviews reek of political butthurt, since there is a decent amount of Obama, Hillary, and Trump soundbites in the film. It also kinda implies "Hope and Change" was bullshit.

Snowden

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
This movie is bullshit. Snowden is shown as some kind of truth fighter but he is straight up a spy. It's been proven he started copying data before the events transpired that he said made him do it. The Russian govt said in I believe June he gave them information. He never had the kind of access he claims to have had. It's been proven he stole logins from co-workers to access information he had no reason to access. He failed his 702 test on surveillance which proves he had no idea what prevention was there for exactly the things he complained about. He only had access to the how and not the raw intelligence (thank God). Isn't it interesting he supposedly stole gigs of data but we've only seen some lame powerpoints? Why do you think that is? He's a joke and this movie is a joke because it used only his version of the story. The truth is he got mad for being reprimanded for breaking chain of command and 2 months later started pilfering data to sell to the commies on the other side of the world. He was never a high level CIA operative like he brags about. He was a low level tech support worker who lied on his resume to get in good with the NSA jobs.

Oliver Stone making this movie only means it never had a chance at being unbiased. The sad part is people who believe this shit and think he deserves a pardon instead of death.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
This movie is bullshit. Snowden is shown as some kind of truth fighter but he is straight up a spy. It's been proven he started copying data before the events transpired that he said made him do it. The Russian govt said in I believe June he gave them information. He never had the kind of access he claims to have had. It's been proven he stole logins from co-workers to access information he had no reason to access. He failed his 702 test on surveillance which proves he had no idea what prevention was there for exactly the things he complained about. He only had access to the how and not the raw intelligence (thank God). Isn't it interesting he supposedly stole gigs of data but we've only seen some lame powerpoints? Why do you think that is? He's a joke and this movie is a joke because it used only his version of the story. The truth is he got mad for being reprimanded for breaking chain of command and 2 months later started pilfering data to sell to the commies on the other side of the world. He was never a high level CIA operative like he brags about. He was a low level tech support worker who lied on his resume to get in good with the NSA jobs.

Oliver Stone making this movie only means it never had a chance at being unbiased. The sad part is people who believe this shit and think he deserves a pardon instead of death.
Could you link some sources for these claims? If he did not have "raw intelligence" then what exactly could he sell to foreign governments, sensitive information that could not be published? If so what kind of information could that be?

• 2Like

kudos

<Banned>
Could you link some sources for these claims? If he did not have "raw intelligence" then what exactly could he sell to foreign governments, sensitive information that could not be published? If so what kind of information could that be?

I read it on the internet (2 posts above this one), so it must be true.
Hey fucktard it's legitimate. 90% of what you read is from the internet. That doesn't make it any less true. Here is the unclassified version because you're a homo.

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hpsci_snowden_review_-_unclass_summary_-_final.pdf

Now kindly go fuck yourself. Faggot. You too Zapatta you faggot.

iannis

Musty Nester

This is what Hollywood thinks he actually is though.

Might be a decent movie, but this is just a propaganda piece planned long in advance. We all knew this movie was coming. At least Moore didn't make it. Sounds like stone tried to be a little less shit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight. The movie was decent for what it was, but it wasn't great. And it was very long. I was aware of how long it was while watching it, which is never a good sign.

My favorite part was while he was climbing the mountain in Hawaii, and I could see my building in the background.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Here's the thing. People like to say, "you can't prove he sold anything to anyone." Just ponder this for a moment.

When's the last time the KGB was known to host fugitives holding gigabytes of classified information out of the goodness of their heart? What the fuck do you think he bargained with? Oh wait, the information was the only thing he had and he gave it all for some safety and a nice KGB funded house in the suburbs.

The guy on 20committee.com goes into detail about it (25 year NSA vet) but he's basically living in a retirement community for the Russian intelligence service. The whole thing is a big embarrassment to the NSA because Snowden took so much data that they still have no idea what all he might have.

As they say, there are no former intelligence officers.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Snowden's living in a safehouse with a history of "stair accidents" from previous tenants. But I'm sure that was just the CIA assassinating them all and the FSB have increased security and hand railings since then.

Cybsled

He is a bargaining chip for Russia. The data he brought has value to them, which bought him the safe haven. But if there is ever a need to do a personnel/spy swap, you can be sure he will be a useful item to offer.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He is a bargaining chip for Russia. The data he brought has value to them, which bought him the safe haven. But if there is ever a need to do a personnel/spy swap, you can be sure he will be a useful item to offer.

Absolutely. If anyone thinks otherwise they're retards. The US has a desire to prosecute him and if some of Russia's illegals in the USA get caught again. Bet your ass Snowden is on the next plane to DC.

Snowden is trying to get papers for another country. The USA has been impeding Latin American countries from giving him any. If he DID somehow get papers. I think he'd find his accommodations in Russia a little more confining than they currently are.