So, I'm dying...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do they come empty handed or bearing gifts of BBQ deliciousness?
I mean hell, you could just watch your wife eat some ribs and just suck her fingers, no wet naps needed.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never got to know you to well, our only shared haunt really seemed to be the Food Threads which you've slowed on since I joined (likely makes sense why in light of the news) - but you always seemed like one of the good ones around here.

As someone starting to develop heart issues myself (although literally JUST starting) it terrifies me, and I'm on the easily reversible side if I get my act together mind you - I can't imagine the black pit of despair that must hit you sometimes - hopefully friends and family keep in pretty much constant contact to steer you away from any such.

Do remember, nothing in medicine seems absolute - the odds may be stacked heavily against you - but there's always seems to be a remote chance of making it through and recovering or blowing their estimates away. Be like my old neighbor that was on and off of having hospice in her home for 7 years after she was told she had 3 months to live or better. Stay strong and don't give up. And keep family and friends close until you get through the stage(s) that despair is still a worry. If you're not through already, eventually I'd imagine you'll hit a point where clarity and determination replace despair. [I know in MUCH lesser crises that's how my brain operates at least]

And most importantly, make the best out of what you've got left - moping to a degree is inevitable - but don't waste any more time on it than you have to - it'll just make the process worse. Some is inevitable, but don't dwell on it.

Godspeed, bro.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
posting in an epic thread.

"since no man of aught he leaves knows, what is it to leave betimes?"

godspeed little doodle.

r.i.f.

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Really sorry to hear this. You are one of the good ones. I mostly lurk, except for the Desktop Computers thread, and a few terrible, drunken posts in the Political thread that even I would neg myself for. But I read it all, and I really enjoy your posts and gentle, friendly demeanor. Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. We love you.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Gravy, I just had an idea for you. It might be cool for you to reveal your online persona to your kids. From what I know of your posts I doubt there is anything you would be ashamed of. It would be kind of cool for your kid(s) to go back and read your 5,000 posts. Almost like a journal/diary of your thoughts on different topics.

If my Dad handed me 5000 notes of his thoughts on different topics I think it would be awesome, insightful and probably pretty hilarious.

I don't recall you posting all that often in the Girls with the Biggest Buttholes Thread, so you are probably safe on the embarrassment side of things.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Gravy, I just had an idea for you. It might be cool for you to reveal your online persona to your kids. From what I know of your posts I doubt there is anything you would be ashamed of. It would be kind of cool for your kid(s) to go back and read your 5,000 posts. Almost like a journal/diary of your thoughts on different topics.

If my Dad handed me 5000 notes of his thoughts on different topics I think it would be awesome, insightful and probably pretty hilarious.

I don't recall you posting all that often in the Girls with the Biggest Buttholes Thread, so you are probably safe on the embarrassment side of things.
You know what, I probably would if we had kids. What I DO have is tons of nephews (and a niece, but I wouldn't throw her in this lion's den.)

I have given my login info to my wife. She's got a pretty thick skin, so I think she could hang, but that will be up to her. I remind her daily that men are pigs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
You know what, I probably would if we had kids. What I DO have is tons of nephews (and a niece, but I wouldn't throw her in this lion's den.)

I have given my login info to my wife. She's got a pretty thick skin, so I think she could hang, but that will be up to her. I remind her daily that men are pigs.
Would be great if she could post any update info if you are unable to or worse. And of course we'll need to have a rerolled on her tits pic to verify that it's her.....

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
We'll all be joining you in not so long, so don't sweat it.
When did FOH start? I feel much older than from back in the day. The reality is, the long time posters on here are getting old. I joined back when I played MMO's six hours a day, now I barely manage to play that in a week. I'm doing RL stuff.

Ten years from now, how many more of us will have passed?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit, stay strong Gravy. Sucks to see a family member in pain.

Tried to think of a funny meme to post to lighten the mood, can't do it. Real talk, this community has been a large part of my life, everyone in it is a bro.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
When did FOH start? I feel much older than from back in the day. The reality is, the long time posters on here are getting old. I joined back when I played MMO's six hours a day, now I barely manage to play that in a week. I'm doing RL stuff.

Ten years from now, how many more of us will have passed?
I think I joined Noows in 2003 or 4? I think, I don't remember. Fuck its been a long time. I don't know if 42 qualifies as 'old' but there are days I definitely feel that way.

*edit* If your wife does decide to use your login info Gravy... warn her about the SS forums... that is not a place for a 'normal' person.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, EverQuest came out March 16th, 1999 (I hate myself for knowing that). FoH as a guild started not too far after that. I know that they were doing equipment postings along with Legacy of Steel & Afterlife over on EQLizer quite often. If I had to guess, I would say by June of '99 at the absolute latest. That's around the time quite a few people made it to level 50 so that you could have guild raids on like... Fire Giants or the Golden Efreeti. Nagafen & Vox came shortly there after.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I joined Noows in 2003 or 4? I think, I don't remember. Fuck its been a long time. I don't know if 42 qualifies as 'old' but there are days I definitely feel that way.

*edit* If your wife does decide to use your login info Gravy... warn her about the SS forums... that is not a place for a 'normal' person.
Probably ten years from now and a lot of us original posters will be Senior Citizens.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Never talked to you, but you were one of the good guys.
Stay strong and make sure everybody you love knows it before the end.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This forum has been a part of a lot of people's lives for a long time. It was in the early heyday of EQ Velious or even Kunark (I forget its been so long) that I started posting on noows to talk ubernerd stuff with the upper tier guilds who all posted there(I was our main monk puller in LoS). From that site to the irc community for years in #steel and #fires on stratics.net, all the way to fohguild and then on to all the other iterations it's always stayed a tight community. If it wasn't important, it would have died with EQ but it became a lot more.....but this community has become part of daily life for years and years. A place to discuss anything and get real feedback, which is kind of refreshing when you think of how many people who are fake to your face in the real world. Marriage, kids, divorce, and even sadly right now, death....we have gone through it all together.

This kind of post really hits home with me, and its been something on my mind lately.

Im really very sorry Gravy, hope you can find peace in all of this.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I yell at kids to get off my lawn now and tell of them how back in my day we didnt have in game maps and we liked it! We loved it!

Old as fuck, we are
frown.png

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
tell of them how back in my day we didnt have in game maps and we liked it! We loved it!

Old as fuck, we are
frown.png
Zoning into a new zone in EQ and praying to god there wasn't a train waiting for you on the other end of that zone line....