So, I'm dying...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dude, follow the patch and it'll take you all the way to Neriak. Just watch out for the guards. Once you see Neriak, turn left and follow the wall all the way to Lavastorm. EZ$ We can get a group together and hit up Najena. I want a shot at those JBoots!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing a wizard in the lower levels I would hug the walls of zones during travel for many levels. It took even fucking longer than following the path but at least I would never get randomly one shotted. I had no fucking clue what many zones even looked like other than the wall for a long time.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Wow, just found this thread. I don't read this section very often because I'm not a grown up. I'm actually an eleven year-old girl in real life. Or am I?!

I've always enjoyed your posts, Gravy. I've consistently gotten the impression that you are a genuinely good and likable guy, which on this forum is an accomplishment. You've honestly brightened my day a few times (no homo). I've especially enjoyed your support of my obnoxious Alex Smith homerism in the past despite the fact that he has tiny hands and can't throw more than 8 yards downfield.

I'm sorry this is happening.

Cheers to you, bro.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This cracked me the fuck up.
/bow

Need any type of care package from Denison, lol? I can't think of anything you'd actually want from that little town, but if you think of something let me know and it's yours!

Keep fighting bro!

rrr_img_116653.jpg

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
When did FOH start? I feel much older than from back in the day. The reality is, the long time posters on here are getting old. I joined back when I played MMO's six hours a day, now I barely manage to play that in a week. I'm doing RL stuff.

Ten years from now, how many more of us will have passed?
I had an account on noows dating back to '99, I think. God, that makes me a forum denizen for almost half my life.

/nod, Gravy. E-bro solidarity.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Much love to you and yours Gravy, on this adventure we call life /Salute. I have found far more relevant and enjoyable conversation on this forum than in so many other places in life. If you graduated American High school the year EQ came out you are ~34 years. Existence is an amazing thing, you've made an impact with your thoughts on many here. Count me and the rest of us among the humans who you have impacted in a positive way, I count myself lucky to have this forum to read about the world, and people in it. Our Rerolled is a community for sure.

Anyways this is about Gravy, Love you my fellow human.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This thread certainly puts a lot of things into perspective.

I started playing EQ on Bertoxx when I was 14 (28 now, so FoH/this community has been literally half my life... holy fucking shit!), it must have been sometime in the fall because I remember there being a lot of level 50s around even on Bertoxx. But what a fun time it was. I first heard of FoH on the Bertoxx IRC channel and the Berthall Forum. Which then led me to the NOOWS site. I absolutely hated the site layout. Even for 1999/2000 it was bad. Maybe the forum was the same layout but I only ever read the frontpage then. But I still read it often because it was really cool to see the higher aspects of EQ. Even though I didn't get into that portion of the game until like 2002 or so. Originally played a monk up to level 60, but switched that out for a Cleric a little after the Velious expansion.

For a long time I came to FoH just for MMO discussions and the sometimes hilarious personalities that seemed to linger there. Always leaning more towards filthy casual more than poopsocker I was able to learn more efficient methods for grinding/finding shit/and generally cool secret spots on the old treadmill than I ever would have on other sites or within the circle of idiots that I knew. I lurked for a god damn long time. Something like 9 years before I made a single post.

Over time I moved to other games and the thought of spending many hours a day or week playing an MMO is just unfeasible. Woe to the lives of a professional and the responsibilities of the real world. Loves gained and lost, wives, kids, educations, jobs and the endless drum beats of time itself. Then I started enjoying all the other portions of the forum and, like many others here, read it daily and continuously. The forum community has provided me with a nearly endless amount of entertainment, variety, honest feedback from internet shitheads that is better than what you would usually get in the "real world," and worth far more than the $20 a year it is.

I never knew you Gravy, not in the forum or in game. Probably because I don't watch sports ever and we otherwise don't share any interests that I'm aware of. But seeing one of our more active members go hits me right in the feels. The place won't be the same without ya. One internet shithead to another.

Not really sure where I was going with all of this, but these other posts spurred me into action. I truly wish you the best. Although I admit I have no idea what that means in this situation.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Due to a diarrhetic and .5ml of sublingual morphine, my blood pressure dropped so far off the charts is was immeasurable for several hours and I kept dropping out of consciousness. For some reason that made my wife nervous. Add on to that a severe case of stomach flu, and my hole body turning to liquid, it made for an interesting day.

Finally we were able to get a BP reading and it was 72/48. Just a tad low. This morning I've been on steady fluids, and I feel better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I prescribe reading hodj posts 4 times a day for low BP.
My grandma used to mess up her blood pressure machine and she would call 911 and tell them it was 0 over 0 and she wasn't feeling well.

Glad you're feeling better.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Your body is turning to liquid? That sounds like something out of a horror movie. Wow. Are you still in pain, or has that subsided a bit?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For some reason, i just can't get my head around Gravy, maybe it's the flour, but i'll be damned if i don't make kickass Gravy this year.

From Chef John

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I made gravy with merlot one year and it was purple. But it tasted amazing. Much like Gravy.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Here's a quick master class Chef on (French pan sauce) gravy, in honor of Gravy and how happy I am he is doing better (in my mind).

Sook (Suc). It's god. Sook is the shit you leave in your pan when you cook, it's all the burnt and stuck bits of goodness. Never clean the pan, just remove the grease.

1) Degrease the pan... If it's super greasy use a paper towel, otherwise leave a bit of grease it's ok.

2) Shallots are best any aeromatic will do. Diced. Minced even. Low heat. Get the acid out of those babies. (use their moisture to loosen up the most burnt parts of sook)

3) Deglaze the pan with wine. ALWAYS use the wine you will be drinking with the meal you fucking heathen. When I say deglaze, I mean clean the mother fucker. Use a rubber spatula whatever, clean that bastard, make sure all that shit is mixed together and your pan is nice and shiny on bottom.

4) Al-Sec. Reduce the wine with heat until the pan is dried out but NOT cooking. Your shallots should be nice and purple.

5) Add stock. Chicken stock, beef stock, veal stock, veggie stock, whatever you cooked in the pan.

Reduce that bitch until NAPPE. Nappe is when you can coat the back of a spoon with your sauce but not runny or liquidy. Strain it into a clean SAUCE pan using a China Cap..err I mean a chinois.

Butter. Ice Ice Ice cold butter. This is where your sauce becomes shiny and wonderful. Do not let it separate, there is no magic. Just stir stir stir, your heat and your ability to mix determines the sauce. If it sucks, use more motion or less heat.

I'm typing this really quickly while I'm fucking cooking so if I made errors I will be back! PS This is how you make any basic fine-dining pan sauce. Herbs, seasoning, that's all up to you.