So, who's left?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
With the passing of Brad McQuaid, our options for old school MMORPG designers is getting smaller. Who's left that is actually doing anything?

Designer/Developer/WhateverOriginal Claim to FameCurrent work
Richard GarriottUltima Online (Ultima Series)Shroud of the Avatar
Brad McQuaidEverQuestPantheon
Mark JacobDark Age of CamelotCamelot Unchained
John SmedleyEverQuestSomething at Amazon Games?

Who else is out there that still that is making a "world first, game second" kind of MMORPG? Are we truly at the end of the road for us old fuckers?

• 5Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I didn't read the post at first and I thought we were betting which developer would pass away next.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm putting 5 bucks on garriott in April 2020 being culturally enriched by a van of peace.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dont forget the con artist Gordon Walton and Crowfall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Raph Koster started a company last month, didn't he?

Something about "we're maybe gonna make a mmo".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
You have Toby Ragaini, lead designer of Asheron's Call & Matrix Online. He works for Zynga now.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will all migrate to mobile, the market has aged us out. We are pointless dinosaurs who are doomed to a state of arrested development.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Only hope the MMO genre has is with Asia for all the good and especially the bad.

American made MMOs are dead and gone the RoR
Is not worth it when you can make a freemium phone game to con American retards.

Brad might not if been much of a hope but he was our last hope and now it's gone.

Learn how to love weebs and tranny catgirls and play FFXIV because it's the only game in town if you want community and bleeding edge raid content.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd respect them if any of them could make a modern MMO that wasn't a pile of shit.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That would be glorious.
NASA was trying to get a space MMO, but it was aimed for school teaching. I don't even know where that one ended - if there was anything beyond some tech demo to submit to the RFP.

An Expanse-type space MMO would be great. Build up your outposts, find like-minded people to maintain it, exploit the Solar System, etc...

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The Amazon MMO is set in Middle Earth but Amazon aren't allowed to do anything with TLOTR storyline. It will be like the TV show and be set prior.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish I didn't hate LOTR lore as much as I do. I hear MMO and LOTR I immediately want to hate it.

WTF?!? Don't tell me you a fan of Harry Potter's Hobbiton toilet cleaning service (because it belongs there; shots nukes fired!). Or did Jackson's Hobbit movies and/or Legolololas touch you in a bad place? ;p

• 1Worf
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users