Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Was there any word on Rio? US coverage basically stopped after the injury

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Was there any word on Rio? US coverage basically stopped after the injury
Rio Ferdinand struck by object thrown from crowd in Manchester derby

Ferdinand was seen wiping blood from his face following the incident which took place in the aftermath of United's injury-time winning goal in their 3-2 victory at the Etihad Stadium.

After Ferdinand was struck by the missile, a Manchester City fan ran on to the pitch in the England defender's direction. He slipped and fell to the ground as he approached the player up to 10 yards away and was then obstructed by City's keeper Joe Hart, who pushed him away. The supporter was then led away from the pitch. The incident was not shown to viewers by the Sky Sports cameras.

A message on Ferdinand's official Twitter account posted at 4.34pm read:"what a result, 3points! Sweet! Whoever threw that coin, what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p....could have at least been a 1 coin!"

When Ferdinand left the pitch at the end of the match he was seen to have an object in his hand which he showed to referee Martin Atkinson before he threw it to the ground.

Praising the football, the United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, told Sky Sports: "It's just unfortunate towards the end a City fan runs on and then they throw coins at our players and that. I don't think you need that. The same thing happened at Chelsea which was masked really by all the other things that happened."

"But, you know, two fantastic teams today I think, and a fantastic game of football, and it could do without that."

The match-winner, Robin van Persie, was unaware Ferdinand had been injured as he was interviewed after the match. The Dutchman said: "I missed the thing with Rio so I will have to look back at it but that should not really happen on a football pitch."

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_562.jpg

Nasri hiding behind the wall and sticking his foot out was hilarious!

rrr_img_562.jpg

rrr_img_562.jpg

rrr_img_562.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanks. Just bullshit going after Ferdinand that way.

Glad he found some humor in it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Nasri is a fucking little dweeb - was hilarious watching highlights and seeing the broadcaster highlight what a pussy he is.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Out of the blue comeback for LFC, really didn't think they had it in them without Suarez being on the pitch but then J. Cole comes out like a mofo. LOL, still amazed...

Neki

Molten Core Raider
In other news:

Lionel Messi of Barcelona sets new goal-scoring record

Barcelona's Lionel Messi has set the record for most goals in a calendar year by scoring his 86th goal of 2012.

The 25-year-old Argentine overhauled Gerd Mueller's tally of 85 - set in 1972 - to set a new benchmark which includes goals for club and country.

Messi set the new record with two goals in a 2-1 win over Real Betis on Sunday.

He fired in an angled shot after 16 minutes to equal the German's record before adding a second with a low drive in the 25th minute to set the new mark.

Messi's path to the record has included 74 goals for Barcelona and 12 for Argentina in 66 games.

He still has two league matches and one King's Cup tie to add to his tally before the end of the year.
Fucking ridiculous.

He himself has scored more goals than mostteamsscored in a year.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm sure some people will bring up how he hasn't won a World Cup or Andy Gray will mumble something about playing at the Brittania in the rain on a Wednesday but what can't the guy do? A lot of what I think makes him unique in the eyes of fans is how he looks just like your average joe, actually not even as he's pretty short. Until you see Messi with the ball at his feet you almost think it could be you out there kicking the ball around the Nou Camp.

The city manu game was intense as hell. I laughed out loud when Ferdinand went from celebrating, to clasping his head with a WTF look after be got hit. Fucked up, but hilarious as they showed it on TV as it was live.

The game itself was good, especially the 2nd half. It's a nice change from the Arsenal games I mostly watch. It's nice to see teams attack and run at a good pace as opposed to my Gunner's gay finesse and pussy-footing Wegner tactics. I can barely watch the EPL because of how shitty and boring Arsenal's games are. Taken to watching QPR and other teams instead.

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
Arsenal... ha ha... gonna lose to a L2 team. Ramsey and Gervinho looking awesome as usual.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Remember what I wrote on the Morenetz.org soccer thread about Arsenal having a great chance of winning the League Cup?

*coughbirminghamcough*

PKS

N00b
Welp better start posting here now FoH is down, was waiting for the dust to settle. Go United!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I thought Mr Wenger was making a serious push for the LC as well this year but perhaps not. At the moment even winning the crappy League Cup would have been something.

The January sales are the last chance to turn it around for Arseguard.

I feel sorry for whoever follows Wenger into Highbury, the unrealistic expectations will be through the roof. At least RedFace (if he hasn't done a Bernie Ecclestone and made a deal with the devil to live for a thousand years) will be leaving a club still at or near the top of the heap and even the fucking Glazers seem to be on the eventual path to paying their debts off. Mourinho will be dancing in the streets to inherit that lot.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Canning Wenger would be the most idiotic thing the club could possibly do. Questions have to be asked of Silent Stan and Gazidis though, certainly. I was super busy today so I only followed the BBC ticker, but it sounds like Gervinho and Chamakh were especially bad. It also sounds like we didn't piss it away, but were simply out played. Arsenal are in a world of hurt at the moment, and the players themselves simply look like they don't give a fuck anymore. I read that Wilshere was playing well, but saw he misplaced NINE passes. Yikes. Fuck this sports season. Cowboys, Mavs, Arsenal all suck dick.