Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

PKS

N00b
'more than any of their premier league rivals'
Just what did they try to convey with that sentence? Whilst it's a fact, the reward of course for finishing first, it's barely worth mentioning considering how evenly they distribute the revenues across the league in contrast to nearly every other league out there. I guess I'm being overly sensitive to some types of journalism, it would be hard to come up with a non boring title "PL Revenue distribution table 2012/2013". Doesn't quite grab at you.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Think you are just being overly sensitive tbh, they won the league by a mile hence were on telly a lot more and earned more money. The actual page headline was "Manchester United top Premier League TV revenue table" with what I quoted above the story text. Looking for non-existant drama on this one
tongue.png

As for money being thrown around, this was an eye opener! ManCity are teaming with the New York Yankees to open an MLS team in New York in 2015 in a $100m deal! Going to build a new stadium in NY, jeebus.

Wonder if Beckham will open a team as well, interestingly (well I thought so :p) his contract that gave him the option of starting a franchise somewhere specifically ruled out only New York from any of the big cities without a team (the NY Red Bulls are actually based in New Jersey) and he certainly has the coins to do it.

Todays gossip has some nuggets of interest:

Neymar is allegedly joining Barca.
PSG have contacted Benitez in case they do lose Ancelotti to RM, he is also being linked with Stoke alongside Poyet and Di Matteo.
Liverpool are booting out Reina and buying Stokes current keeper Begovic to replace him.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
As I said on Twitter to some journo from The Mirror, anyone that thinks Benitez would consider Stoke is smoking crack.

Strongest LFC link at the moment is a Greek central defender from Schalke, Papadopolous...highly rated according to all the Twitter ITK's.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
And more money to City, they have signed a six year ?12m a year deal with Nike today for their new kit.

Edit: Pellegrini has announced this weekend will be his last game in charge of Malaga. Wonder where he will end up?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Sky Italia reporting Juve have agreed terms with Real over the sale of Higuain. Great move for both Juve/Higuain. Wasted in Madrid, and is still fairly young.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fuck Carroll, hurt when we bought him, hurt when we had him and now hurt when we want to sell him. If this means we don't get the 15m from West Ham then he better never show his face around Anfield unless it's in another teams jersey who paid the same as West Ham was going to pay.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
As I said on Twitter to some journo from The Mirror, anyone that thinks Benitez would consider Stoke is smoking crack.
Stoke have the third highest spend in the Prem over the last few years. Rafa with that money would make them top four.

Not saying he would take it but I wouldn't write it off. I suspect he would if he didn't get a better offer (he could commute easily from his home which he is extremely attached to)

Reports in Spain saying LFC have signed Sergi Canos from Barca (16 year old striker who is rated as a good prospect). If true possibly paving the way for Pepe to them.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Flight is obviously drunk. I don't care how much of Benitez's dick you sucked, top 4 is just laughable for Stoke anytime soon.

As far as Canos, Spanish law says you cannot sign a professional contract until 18. Canos is coming to LFC because we can offer a shit load more money than Barca can for the next two years. I believe the Spanish law changes in 2014. Until then, Canos just joins the list of ex-Masia players such as Fabregas, Pique, and the 12 at Chelsea/ManC right now that are just wishing for a chance to go back.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rofl, fuck Piers. Part time fan & glory hunter. Van Pussy is a huge queer, but that is pretty awesome.

That Dortmund Poster is amazing. Think I'm falling in love with them. Read an article on Klopp last week that shed a bit of light into him as a person. Neat guy. Really pulling for them tomorrow.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Neymar is on the brink of signing for Barca at a cut-rate price. Amazing that Barca can land this kid for half the price of Torres. Not a sure thing that he'll come good, but I think it says something about the kid that he'd be willing to turn down 4m a year extra that RM seem to be willing to pay him to go to Barca.

Real Madrid to go all in for the Welsh Ronaldo? I hope so.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
Something that have been going around Reddit in regards to the transfer saga.

1. Chances are the RM offer is just Perez trying to play Barca due to the upcoming elections. He is just trying to win favors with the voters.

2. The current 28 mil Euro offer that seems to have been "accepted" is for 55% of the rights to Neymar, if you look at the entire deal I guess 100% would be around 50 or so. Apparently Barca does not need to buy out the entire contract to have him play. No idea how that will work in the end if the deal goes through. In addition, since Neymar only has 1 year left on his contract, Santos are afraid of him leaving for free if they push too hard on the bargaining.

3. The 7mil Barca deal vs. 11mil RM deal is a pretty big difference. I guess the 2 year courtship by Barca swayed him into giving up the extra money.

From what I have seen apparently the Bale deal is off for this transfer window. Spurs have upped his weekly pay by a pretty substantial margin and stated that he can go next year for something around 50 million. No idea if this was 100% but right after this news, RM went after Cavani and apparently have something in the works.

Basically a clusterfuck of rumors everywhere.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, it appears silly season is in full swing. Rumors of Arsenal going after Rooney (and his $200k a week wages) = no chance. Saw the Real Madrid Cavani stuff - that would be a terrific signing for them.

As for Neymar, Cruyff was saying he can't see "two captains on one ship" (aka Messi/Neymar on same team), but I don't buy that at all. I think Neymar is going to take a few months to settle. I wish that this whole thing would mean Cesc back to the Arsenal... sigh.