Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Random end of season thoughts/observations...

WTF 'Arry? Down by effectively 15 points in the end with that shitty goal difference!

After losing to Spurs in March, Arsenal didn't lose again including beating Bayern Munich in Germany and getting 26 out of the last 30 points. Spurs get their highest ever EPL points total and still don't make the CL, they are cursed. Hilariously
tongue.png

As mentioned a week or so ago, Big Sam is now in the top 5 time served managers in the top division and won't celebrate his second year in charge until next month...

The new England kit from Nike is shite!

_67707910_bktcr4ocaaarxfo-1.jpg

Yeovil are up to the Championship! They were one of the classic non-league FA Cup giant winning teams I remember from my youth. They beat Brentford the other day to make it to the second tier of English football, what a nice story.

Forest missed out on the playoffs by a point and a ton of goal difference in the end, what price the 5 points from 21 fuckwit McLeish managed in midseason >.<

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Never said anything about other teams not buying as well, odds are though that you only get half the transfers right at best. I wouldn't call Podolski and Giroud big hits for Arse, nor Dembele/Holtby/Dempsey for Spurs with ManC's being hilariously bad. I don't care if Arse spends 70m and the thought of Levy parting with all of the Bale money is laughable, if we hold onto Suarez and he stops biting people than I like our chances.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Real Madrid have announced a press conference tonight at 19:00 UK time, presumably announcing Jose's departure to Chelsea. Shame he didn't manage the cup win last Friday, at least they lost in a hilariously bad tempered match.

More than one rumour has Ronaldo back at MUFC next season, it might be possible, especially if Bale really is off the market.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I would be pretty surprised to see Rooney in a United kit next season - not sure who would be interested in paying big money for him, but that sale could certainly be used to (partly) fund a Ronaldo transfer. Don't see it happening though - not with Moyes in charge. We keep speaking as though summer is already here, but the biggest (best) match of the season is mere days away. I would fucking love seeing BVB win it, but I think its going to be hard on them.... Bayern have come too close recently to piss it away again surely.... and with BVB's best player(s) off this summer, will their heads be in it? An odd situation certainly.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Probably because most of us hardly see the German teams unless it's in the champs league. I'm definitely going with Bayern to win on Saturday, they finally broke their BVB curse earlier this year and I'm expecting that to continue.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
I could care less about records (even though Barca can tie it if they win the next 2 games since they are currently on 94 points). My biggest issue was what he did to the rivalry. In addition how he turned RM into FC Portugal and the douchebaggery that was seen in nearly every single game. While Barca were far from saints during those matches, you can still point all of the issues at Mourinho. It was embarrassing what he did to the overall image of RM and how he treated the players who weren't in his "circle". Awesome birthday present for Iker today.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Would be interesting on who the next RM boss be

Benitez? Klopp? Mancini?

My money is on Alex McLeish since Scottish managers are clearly omgwtfawesome

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Clearly it's going to be Sir Alex Ferguson. He has fooled us all and is going to come out of retirement and manage Ronaldo again.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Kolo Toure to LFC on a free, not a bad way to get some experience in I guess.
Not sure on this until we know how much he's making weekly, I'm sure he was making quite a bit at ManC compared to LFC's wage budget. You would hope he's not being brought in to start so unless his wages are really low and he's there almost as a coach for the youngins then I'm not sure I like this at all.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
If Pulis leaves and Martinez goes to Everton as expected the second longest serving Premier League manager will be Alan Pardew who started in Dec 2010
biggrin.png
Barmy!

Edit: BBC are now saying he has deffo gone.

He is the 56th manager to leave his post since the start of 2012/13 although I think that number drops into the 20s if you remove Blackburn
tongue.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Loved King Kolo at Arsenal. He's well past it now, but if his wages are under 50-60k he is great cover. Certainly not a starter anymore in this league. I'd rather pay Ashley Williams 7-8m for that - but not sure Williams is ready to start for a big side either. Pulis out of Stoke. Fucking turds... maybe they'll play football now instead of rugby.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
15m for Carroll to West Ham, the big ponytail better say yes as I never thought we would even get more than 10m for him.....

Fazana_sl

shitlord
From the BBC

Champions Manchester United earned a record ?60.8m in television revenues for the 2012-13 season, more than any of their Premier League rivals.

United were the most televised club, with 25 of their 38 matches broadcast.

Manchester City's second place finish saw broadcast income fall 4% to ?58.1m, while bottom club QPR received ?39.7m.

A new three-year broadcasting deal starting in August will allow next season's bottom side to earn more than this year's winners.
They think next years champs will get ?100m!http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22610584

Edit: Forgot to mention the relegated teams will get ?60m over four seasons instead of the current ?48m. They get it at ?15m , ?17m and two more years at ?8m each. Nice rewards for failure!