Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Still a poor choice to kiss your hand, when you just handled the ball.
smile.png
Not at all, I LOVE Suarez, everything he does is pure trolling at this point and people fall for it over and over again. I wish every team in the premiership had a player as good as him and also with his trolling ability, the premiership would be way more entertaining. The last person like Suarez that I can remember that brought out such hate was Cantona.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Yup. Suarez is a terrific goal scorer - but a faggot he is, and a faggot he shall remain... and doing it in front of the Mansfield fans, knowing he cheated tells me all I need to know about the guy. Trash.
LOL, he's awesome.

The only thing better than listening to opposition fans moaning about Suarez is the listening to the British media get all high and mighty about Johnny foreigner coming to the premiership and ruining it with his diving, because they have never seen anyone dive before in the premiership and if they did then it was obviously because they are running to fast.

A few months ago I was concerned that he would up and leave the premiership due to endless nonsense people were talking about him, but thankfully it seems to have died down and I actually think people are almost coming around to him, he's moving into a pantomime villain sort of stage lol.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not at all, I LOVE Suarez, everything he does is pure trolling at this point and people fall for it over and over again. I wish every team in the premiership had a player as good as him and also with his trolling ability, the premiership would be way more entertaining. The last person like Suarez that I can remember that brought out such hate was Cantona.
That is a fine comparison - but know that (like Cantona, another world class player) - NOBODY but the team these guys plays for is going to like them, and are free to call them fags. Because they are. If you're cool with his trolling, be cool with other people criticizing him for being an obnoxious knob head.

He's a great player, arguably the best pure goal scorer in the BPL (or RVP) - but nobody (except Arsenal fans!) hates RVP as much as Suarez. I can think of a few other guys labeled "cheaters" who don't receive near as much venom as Suarez (Ashley Young, Bale) and a lot of that is his reactions to the "cheating". His is becoming a caricature of himself and I don't think he cares.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
I can think of a few other guys labeled "cheaters" who don't receive near as much venom as Suarez (Ashley Young, Bale) and a lot of that is his reactions to the "cheating". His is becoming a caricature of himself and I don't think he cares.
A lot of that is due to the British media and the way they are. Most of them are still bitter about Maradonas hand of god and have this nonsense view of British players been fair and just, and Johnny foreigner coming over here cheating and ruining our game. They must all know it's nonsense but it sells papers and feeds into the British jingoistic view of being gentlemen whilst those sneaky south americans will cheat at any opportunity.

The whole thing is nonsense, I think at this stage people love to hate Suarez no matter what he does. I also have ZERO doubt that if he moved to the likes of Man U, Chelski, Man City, the fans there would be delighted. Football fans are basically hypocrites, I personally love his little cheating/diving/gamesmanship it's insanely entertaining. I will say this though, if he wasn't such a uniquely talented player then most people really wouldn't give a shit if he was cheating or not.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It wasn't a very good game to watch, since it's a non-league team I can see having a shit pitch but at some point there should be some standards to where you at least know what the ball is going to do when you pass it. Credit Mansfield for at least getting the ball in LFC's half and then forcing throws for that big CB they have, dear god that guy can throw a ball a long way. Then just hope for a lucky bounce which they got. The Stoke comparison is quite apt.

Edit: Suarez will get a lot of shit regardless but I also agree he did what he was supposed to do and the ref is supposed to make the call. At first glance it didn't look that bad but on the replays it certainly looked like he pushed the ball down. It is what it is.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
A lot of that is due to the British media and the way they are. Most of them are still bitter about Maradonas hand of god and have this nonsense view of British players been fair and just, and Johnny foreigner coming over here cheating and ruining our game. They must all know it's nonsense but it sells papers and feeds into the British jingoistic view of being gentlemen whilst those sneaky south americans will cheat at any opportunity.

The whole thing is nonsense, I think at this stage people love to hate Suarez no matter what he does. I also have ZERO doubt that if he moved to the likes of Man U, Chelski, Man City, the fans there would be delighted. Football fans are basically hypocrites, I personally love his little cheating/diving/gamesmanship it's insanely entertaining. I will say this though, if he wasn't such a uniquely talented player then most people really wouldn't give a shit if he was cheating or not.
I would take him at Arsenal in a heart beat, cheating or not.

Elerion

N00b
Suarez is a fucking cunt and I would loathe him more than any Premiership player if he played for any other team. He dives all the time, makes nasty tackles, and has no qualms about cheating to win.

But dear god, when he does what he does best, it's a beauty to watch.

I saw a pundit say that he should have done a Klose and appealed to the judge to disallow his own goal against Mansfield, to attempt to repair his own reputation. As if anyone would have cared. Suarez will never escape the villain brand at this point. He'll have refs and opposing players/fans against him for the rest of his career in England regardless of what he does.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LFC should have won the game no problem, between Sturridge and Shelvey the 1st half should have ended 3 or 4 to nil. The problem with that though is they weren't winning by that margin, it was 1-0 at the time and Mansfield was threatening from the get go in the 2nd half. Lets say he calls off his own goal and LFC loses, the fans would go bonkers I would think.

Edit: Who wants to bet that Ronaldo has the surliest face later today when Messi wins his 4th Ballon D'Or?

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The LOL campaign, Chelsea raise Ba
Picture the scene next week, Luis Suarez is bearing down on goal before he's clipped by Rio Ferdinand on the edge of the box at Old Trafford. The referee (obviously not Howard Webb) waves away the incident before Rio picks himself up, wanders over to the official and mutters: "Actually ref, it was a foul, it was just inside the area, and as I was last man, I probably deserve a red card." How likely do you think that is on a scale of one to ridiculously unlikely?
That pretty well sum's up my feelings on the latest outrageous outrage.

And I fully expect a look of utter disdain on Ronaldo's face. Only he can expect to win an award when a competitor has demolished a 40 year old scoring record.

PKS

N00b
It's about the 2011-12 campaign. Ronaldo had a brilliant season, breaking his own records with Madrid and contributing massively to winning La Liga against all predictions & carried it through right until the end with Portugal in Euro 2012. Messi continued scoring like crazy through the 2012/13 campaign, but it's irrelevant to this award. Most people don't have memories that last longer than a few months in football, so, I am going to guess the people deciding the award will also think along the lines of most Messi worshipers.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah that is the problem with them leaving the award so long after the season it's supposed to be about. As much as on a personal level Ronaldo should be thrown into a cave full of particularly angry and hungry wolves he should win the award for last season.

Messi will probably win though for all the reasons you gave though but you never know?!

Edit: Yup, they gave it to Messi for the year and not the season like they are supposed to. Grats Fifa...

Edit 2: Hmm, the BBC reports as if its for 2012 as a whole. Fifas own site is worded very ambiguously but suggests its for the previous "season" and the wiki had been vandalised when I checked to suggest someone from an English non-league club won it in 2010.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lest we forget what? That Suarez handled in the world cup, got sent off and a penalty awarded? Fucking retard.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
It's about the 2011-12 campaign. Ronaldo had a brilliant season, breaking his own records with Madrid and contributing massively to winning La Liga against all predictions & carried it through right until the end with Portugal in Euro 2012. Messi continued scoring like crazy through the 2012/13 campaign, but it's irrelevant to this award. Most people don't have memories that last longer than a few months in football, so, I am going to guess the people deciding the award will also think along the lines of most Messi worshipers.
http://pt.fifa.com/mm/document/ballo...ion2012-en.pdf

Art. 2. The Awards reward the best in each category, without distinction of championship or nationality, for their
respective achievements during the 2012 calendar year.

The award was never about the past season and has been about the calender year.

The best XI was pretty poor as far as I am concerned. The omission of Pirlo is a crime, and the back line is pretty piss poor. Pique was shit from Jan till Euro 2012, and regardless if he has been amazing since then he still doesn't deserve the nod. Having Dani Alves is also a joke, same goes for Marcelo. Ramos is a toss up, great Euro 2012 and pretty good performances all around in La Liga.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LOL, Ronaldo looks so happy.

Iker Casillas had Ramos first and Ronaldo second on his ballot, Messi not even on it. I'm sure the RM locker room is going to be lovely after that.

PKS

N00b
Thanks Passenger for clearing that up. Obviously makes sense to have it at the end of a season though, too bad that when they combined the 2 awards they went with the Calendar based one. Guessing out of tradition rather than logic. Sounds Fifary.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
What the hell was Pique even doing on the Team of the Year list? Insane that Barzagli or Kompany didn't get on that team, but I guess it's a popularity contest, more than it is to highlight who did well.