Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, I noted earlier in the thread that Sturridge is just as wasteful as Suarez. They should be able to interchange a lot on the pitch to make their runs and I can't see it being worse than what we already have.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Liverpool hitting form now. 2-0 with 23 mins played with Sterling and Suarez scoring again.

14 goals now. Maybe not as wasteful as you think he is.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Losing at home to QPR sure is an oddball result especially with the way they have been playing.

As far as Suarez, yes he's been exceptional for LFC this year. The ball control he had on that long ball from Gerrard was amazing. You can't say he hasn't been one of the best players in the EPL this year.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
I love all the hate that Suarez gets, you can tell he just doesn't give a shit and just wants to win and score goals. I've thought this for awhile but he really is one of the most unique players around at the moment. He may not be Messi but he does things that nobody else can do, he ability to beat a player and turn on a dime is fantastic.

I prey Liverpool can keep him for a few more seasons. The whole pantomime villain thing seems to have died down recently, because there was a time earlier in the season when you would swear he murdered babies in his spare time if you listen to the media and opposition fans.

Good result today though I have to say Sunderland were shockingly bad. No idea if Sturridge is a good buy or not, you would hope he would want to get his shit together and progress his career finally but who knows.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Joe Cole to West Ham, wonder if he'll be their Messi as Gerrard had originally stated......

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really not sure where the sudden interest in Cole came from, but yea, good business for Liverpool. Also pretty amazed there isn't more interest in Demba Ba. Teams are really going to let Chelsea get him for cheap?

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Good transfer for Liverpool. Getting rid of deadwood.
He's cost the club and estimated 10 million pounds since he joined, and I presume he is getting a payoff from Liverpool to goto West Ham. One of the worst signings of recent years, i'm glad to see the back of him.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20901006

rrr_img_7166.jpg

rrr_img_7167.jpg

Wonder how they will spin this.

rrr_img_7166.jpg

rrr_img_7167.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I believe the payout for the rest of the J. Cole's contract is 4m pounds and West Ham is getting him for free. At least LFC has the balls to just say fuck it, we lost money on this and just move on.

As far as Balotelli, he needs to go back to Inter where he can go hack away at other players all game long.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
If the BBC sequence is in the right order, it's Mancini who goes for him first.

As always there are a couple of other thoughts on this, one BBC chap has said that ManCity are rare at allowing photog's at every training session with unhindered access. The Beeb were also asked if it was worth them putting the pictures up for what may be a storm in a teacup and have responded acknowledging it is all a bit silly but they have had 1m page views already! "It's panto but it's panto season." The SecretFootballer has twattered saying it will have happened at half a dozen clubs since Jan 1st anyway but because of photo access/morons involved it will get star billing.

He's cost the club and estimated 10 million pounds since he joined, and I presume he is getting a payoff from Liverpool to goto West Ham. One of the worst signings of recent years, i'm glad to see the back of him.
Can't believe now how much I wanted him to go to Arsenal at the time, was convinced he would be one of if not the final piece of their midfield jigsaw and who knows, the Joe Cole of old might have been. Astonishing just how shit he has been after his last injury hit season at Chelsea.

Talking of shit, McLeish's first proper game as Forest boss was a 3-0 defeat to managerless Blackburn, woo! They have at least signed some young lad from Derry City this afternoon, Keane V2.0 anyone? >.<

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
I believe the payout for the rest of the J. Cole's contract is 4m pounds and West Ham is getting him for free. At least LFC has the balls to just say fuck it, we lost money on this and just move on.

As far as Balotelli, he needs to go back to Inter where he can go hack away at other players all game long.
Where did you see the 4m pay off, if that's true it's shocking to say the least and VERY depressing. When people talk about the amount of money that Liverpool have spent on bad signings they forget the insanity that we have paid in wages. Thankfully it seems Rodgers or FSG isn't willing to burn money like that anymore and we are finally getting some sanity in regards to wages.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Where did you see the 4m pay off, if that's true it's shocking to say the least and VERY depressing. When people talk about the amount of money that Liverpool have spent on bad signings they forget the insanity that we have paid in wages. Thankfully it seems Rodgers or FSG isn't willing to burn money like that anymore and we are finally getting some sanity in regards to wages.
Joe-Cole-to-get-a-4million-pay-off-to-join-West-Ham.htmlIf that is to be believed they are paying him a years salary of the 18 months he had left! The numbers sound specific enough for someone to have leaked it to a journo.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've seen the Mirror show 4m pounds and then the BBC is saying 3m pounds. Either way we're paying off the rest of his contract so he can leave and stop sucking up wages that should be paid to a person that actually starts and contributes. Not sure why it's shocking and depressing to take the loss, more that we signed him in the first place. The fees and wages spent the last 2 years by LFC could have built an amazing team, unfortunately the people in charge were fucking idiots.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Joe Cole to get ?3m pay-off from Liverpool before joining West Ham

Joe Cole posed in West Ham training gear ahead of his emotional return to Upton Park.

He will rejoin the Hammers after Liverpool agreed to hand the former England midfielder a ?3million pay-off...

Cole had 18 months remaining on his ?90,000-a-week Liverpool contract, so the Anfield club have still saved around ?4m by paying him off early.
Look on the bright side, you guys actuallysavedmoney! West Ham couldn't match the wages he was on at Anfield so Liverpool had to in effect pay West Ham to take him off their books.

Bizarro world.

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
The fees and wages spent the last 2 years by LFC could have built an amazing team, unfortunately the people in charge were fucking idiots.
Can't argue with that, i'm curious now to see if the club bite the bullet and let Downing go in this window. We are short at leftback but longterm I just don't see him having a future at the club.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Meh can we agree it's ?3.5M?

Joe Cole clearly is the winner in the case. ?3.5M to leave and play in London instead of sitting on a bench in the rainy North West? Fuck yeah!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
It might be how each writer is interpreting taxes or what have you, they all seem to agree on ?90k a week and 12 months of 18 months payout. The Sun came up with a million more in his pocket than the Mirror which is surprising considering the Mirror surely considers him an enemy of the working man at those levels of pay and believe he should be taxed accordingly
tongue.png

Then again, for what Cole showed for Liverpool, he probably should be considered the enemy of the working man!

tongue.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Can't argue with that, i'm curious now to see if the club bite the bullet and let Downing go in this window. We are short at leftback but longterm I just don't see him having a future at the club.
I think we'll need Downing still for at least this year though yes, long term, we're going to be stacked with wingers especially if Ince does indeed sign. Sterling will continue to improve and another youngster, Jordan Ibe, looks equally amazing from what I've seen who should start getting cup games next year I would hope.

The problem with getting a Left Back is there are so few actually good left backs in the world that you have to pay through the nose to get a good one. Supposedly Everton would want ManU to pay at least 20m pounds for Baines and considering how much Coentr?o cost RM then that would actually be a good price. Unless you're going to take a chance on some scrub coming good you just aren't going to find one in a reasonable price range, especially with LFC's new found restraint.

Here's to me guessing J. Cole ends up on the bench with the Hammers as well.