Soccer 2013-2014

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Despite Tottenham being at the epicentre of a nuclear meltdown, they are not that far off the top 4 spots

Not only for the CL places but the top spot race is sure interesting this year

I still think that it will be between Chelsea and Man City (prior Jan transfer window)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Both Manchester teams looked utter shit, in ManC case I'd say it had more to do with the game they played 3 days ago. ManU looked the same as always, utter shit, and have De Gea to thank for getting anything out of that. Should have been 2 or 3 - 0 for Norwich at half.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lovely NBCSN has every game, my brother-in-law is a hardcore ManU fan so we watched that on the TV while I had ManC on my tablet. He wasn't a happy camper until Welbeck scored and it certainly didn't seem that they had any grip on the game as even that goal was just stupid luck.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Saying that Norwich could be up 2-3 is nuts. All of their shots on goal were poor, at best. All but one were straight at De Gea. In the second half they lost all momentum and sat back to defend.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Norwich created a lot of opportunities, just because their finishing was poor didn't mean that they couldn't have had a couple of goals from their play. To even have to debate which team looked better is all that needs to be said in my mind. Welbeck's goal was a total fluke.

PKS

N00b
Strawman arguments between you two aside; call it a fluke or bad from Norwich yet these results happens far too often to cite as a reasonable argument. Last season even though United had won the title at a canter, there were numerous similar results which in turn I'm sure you rubbished United several times last season early on yet look where they finished. I know the anxiety associated with the prospect of MUFC finishing about LFC this season after all the 'mid table' jibes will start to surface and at some point cause some venom here and there but lets face it, MUFC are a long way off yet (it's only 2 points for now). Don't worry!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This isn't last season though and you're not being managed by whiskey nose. Fact of that matter is that last year you had 22 more points than LFC, worst case scenario today and you are 2 POINTS BEHIND LFC. ManUre fans have this funny thought that missing the CL is an impossibility yet when you look at the teams ahead of them they are all better and have easier 2nd half schedules. I do hope though that Moyes can keep it close as along with the QF win in the CL should give him another year in charge to do some real lasting damage.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Whether we deserved anything from that game or not, I personally think we did, that's two games in a row with some really awful decisions going against us. Over an entire season I'm sure it will even out but a yellow at the end there to Oscar for two feet like that? Eto'o should have been off within 5 mins. At least that's our last away game sans OT later in the year, should be solid the rest of the way now.

Elerion

N00b
With fair decisions, we should be up at least 2 points over those two games, probably 4. I can stand losing because we're bad, but losing to bad refs just pisses me off.

PKS

N00b
This isn't last season though and you're not being managed by whiskey nose. Fact of that matter is that last year you had 22 more points than LFC, worst case scenario today and you are 2 POINTS BEHIND LFC. ManUre fans have this funny thought that missing the CL is an impossibility yet when you look at the teams ahead of them they are all better and have easier 2nd half schedules. I do hope though that Moyes can keep it close as along with the QF win in the CL should give him another year in charge to do some real lasting damage.
It's not a funny thought. The 2nd half fixture list is debatable, United's isn't the worst - for example: City only have ONE home game remaining vs the 'top 8', but I expect them to navigate most of them since they have the best squad / balance this season.
AFC's are a bit better have 3 home games but have a period where they face Munich (a), Spurs (a), Cfc (a), Mcfc (h), Efc (a) all in a row - expect typical Arsenal self destruction month.
LFC obviously has the best remaining fixture list given only 1 away game and only competing in 1 cup. On paper I can't say they'll obtain less points than they did in the first 19 games - I watched LFC's last couple of games and there was a lot of good work (I even cheered a little on occasion, sorry Darkseid - rather City lose). Anyway, I'll still go with LFC dropping from the top 4.. no solid reasoning for this, just hopeful of the title pressure cracking you.
When United (hopefully) beat Spurs next match, United will keep their noses ahead of them for the rest of the season too and from then on it's business as usual in terms of strongly finishing a season. United WILL gain more points than the first half, and I expect the others to gain less. The unexpected points drops were really just expected blips on a radar from a managerial transition - things have improved and will continue to improve.

Elerion

N00b
Liverpool finishing ahead of Man U at the end of the season would be a massive shock given where the two teams have been the last seasons. You're more likely than not to be right that Man U will finish in front, but anything else would be an embarrassment for them.

I call it, title racers this year are Arsenal, Chelsea and Man city.
Arsenal's momentum seems to slow down a bit after that heavy schedule during late November to boxing day, not to mention the next UCL schedule, definitely will lose the top spot.
Chelsea are pretty sturdy and consistent, and Man city could destroy any teams when their teamwork clicks, Negredo isn't very intimidating but sure can score goals.
Liverpool, Man U, Everton and Spurs should be fighting for 4th place at the end of the season with Newcastle being the underdog.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's not a funny thought. The 2nd half fixture list is debatable, United's isn't the worst - for example: City only have ONE home game remaining vs the 'top 8', but I expect them to navigate most of them since they have the best squad / balance this season.
AFC's are a bit better have 3 home games but have a period where they face Munich (a), Spurs (a), Cfc (a), Mcfc (h), Efc (a) all in a row - expect typical Arsenal self destruction month.
LFC obviously has the best remaining fixture list given only 1 away game and only competing in 1 cup. On paper I can't say they'll obtain less points than they did in the first 19 games - I watched LFC's last couple of games and there was a lot of good work (I even cheered a little on occasion, sorry Darkseid - rather City lose). Anyway, I'll still go with LFC dropping from the top 4.. no solid reasoning for this, just hopeful of the title pressure cracking you.
When United (hopefully) beat Spurs next match, United will keep their noses ahead of them for the rest of the season too and from then on it's business as usual in terms of strongly finishing a season. United WILL gain more points than the first half, and I expect the others to gain less. The unexpected points drops were really just expected blips on a radar from a managerial transition - things have improved and will continue to improve.
Keep drinking the Moyes kool-aid man, the tears at the end of the season are just going to be that much sweeter.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sup fellow reds.

MARCA reporting LFC is closing to taking Christian Tello on Loan from Barca. Grabbing him and Salah would be nice. Along with Sterling that is 3 very good young and pacey wingers.

I think LFC will very likely get top 4 with an outside shot at the title. People have no better reason for thinking they won't then "Oh they were not this good the past few years" Like teams performance will always stay the same right?

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Another nervy away win for City today at a ground they haven't won at since Swansea got promoted and in pretty shit weather conditions. That Bony fella for the Swans looks the real deal. Granted his first goal was half a yard off-side but he was quality throughout.

City need to stop conceding these late late goals away from home though.

Just finished watching Arsenal game, the lack of a killer striker who can make things happen still a problem for Arsenal. They had about 18 chances at goal, only 1 was actually on target by 75 minute mark.
Chelsea had a solid game, their consistency and their clinical game makes them a very tough opponent.
Can't imaging what LFC will be like without Suarez late in the season, if he were to leave on Jan window.
Going to watch Man U game next.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Can't imaging what LFC will be like without Suarez late in the season, if he were to leave on Jan window.
"Imaging" <--- were you trying to draw with MS Paint an LFC team without Suarez? Why would you do that?

LOL to anyone that thinks he'll leave in January

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ahh, the Moyesiah says ManU didn't deserve to lose and Janujaz isn't a diver. The thought that he was happy with their performance just brings a twinkle to my eye.

Good LFC win today, not going to go over potential signings. Lets just see what happens first.