Soccer 2013-2014

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's time for a new thread now that everything that we'll talk about is related to the upcoming season.

ManC sign Fernandinho today for a stupid amount of money IMO. The Netherlands U21 team looks amazing, could have signed half that team for that money.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Confed Cup starts tomorrow, predicting a Spain victory which isn't really going out on a limb.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spain should roll through it. I was tempted to pick Mexico as a sleeper, but they've looked so poor the last 2 months its hard to see them winning any games. Rumor today/yesterday is Barca going in for Torres with 17m bid. Think that would actually benefit both parties, and would give Chelski some cash to throw at Cavani.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
3rd worst manager in Forest history, lucky for him RacistRon and TwatPlatt keep him out of the top spots. Absolutely clueless back then and can't see him having learned anything new by now.

The fact he hasn't even met the manager yet tells you all you need to know about how that club is being run.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Couple good games on today - Uruguay/Spain, Mexico/Italia. Will be interested in seeing how Spain plays after getting bounced in the last Confed Cup. Think Brazil wins it - they looked sharp yesterday.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Lots of good teams in the Confed Cup. A Brazil vs Spain match would be epic.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great FK from Suarez, but not a good showing for Uruguay. Absolutely raped. Sick of the over-acting bullshit by the Spain players though - they're better than that. Soldado after one game has become a guy I simply fucking hate. What an annoying whiner. Spain bringing on Mata, Cazorla & Martinez in second half just shows how deep they are. Would all 3 be starters for Engerland (and most teams to be fair).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Considering how Uruguay has been playing in their WC qualifying this wasn't much of a surprise. Tahiti about to get embarrassed.

Britannia_sl

shitlord
Udinese turn down Vydra bid
frown.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Since that's your first post I'm not sure who your referencing as the bidder nor that Vydra is even good enough for anyone to care.

In more important news, Kinnear's talkSport interview yesterday is fucking classic. Did he pronounce one single players name correctly? Yohan kebab lol!!!!!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fixture List - Somewhat surprised that LFC doesn't have a tougher first 6 games in case Suarez stays and has to finish his ban here. Only the Aug. 30th game vs. ManU looks tough, LFC should have a much better start than last year.

Carroll sale to WHU confirmed, thank god for Fat Sam.

PKS

N00b
United's first 5 fixtures are nightmareish:
August
17 - Swansea (A)
24 - Chelsea (H)
31 - Liverpool (A)
September
14 - Crystal Palace (H)
21 - Manchester City (A)
Good luck Moyes'y. Gonna be dropped points here and there and sitting 3rd in the table to the teams with easier starts for a while until things even out, probably get a ton of media flak in the process.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
I love silly season.

BNIW7CpCQAEFbZM.png:large

It's from Thiago's match ball, and it says "see you in Manchester" - supposedly written by De Gea.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arse gets a really manageable opening to the season - Hope they take advantage of it and don't fuck around until January like usual. Lots of transfer speculation - Isco to Man City would absolutely devastate me. Best young player in the world for me. Thiago and Illaramendi are up there as well - that entire young Spanish side is fucking ace - and play much more fun football than the senior squad. Arsenal seem to be closing in on Higuain, which would suit me just fine. He'll walk into first team.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Isco to ManC is basically a done deal, sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way he's going to choose Arsenal over ManC. LFC could definitely use Illaramendi to either partner or replace Lucas but that's almost as big of a pipe dream as Isco is for us.

Anyway, pretty poor Brazil/Mexico game. Can't see either even getting close to Spain though at least Brazil will have a chance to play them seeing as how Mexico is done assuming an Italy win starting in about an hour.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Isco to ManC is basically a done deal, sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way he's going to choose Arsenal over ManC. LFC could definitely use Illaramendi to either partner or replace Lucas but that's almost as big of a pipe dream as Isco is for us.

Anyway, pretty poor Brazil/Mexico game. Can't see either even getting close to Spain though at least Brazil will have a chance to play them seeing as how Mexico is done assuming an Italy win starting in about an hour.
Didn't remotely imply Isco to Arsenal. Isco to Real Madrid is a different story though, and he'd flourish in that system. Having his former manager at City though is the rub, so he'll almost certainly end up there. I simply don't want to see him in the BPL as he'll be the best attacking mid in the league within 2 years. Rate him much higher than all of the German kids (who are absolutely brilliant in their own right).

This Japan/Italy match is ridiculous. Japan coming on and putting in a really tidy shift after getting pasted on the weekend. Honda is a free xfer this summer - a club like Pool/Spurs would do well to pick him up, but that would probably maketoomuch sense.

PSG appears on the brink of total egg on their face embarrassment - First AVB turns them down (good on him), then Capello is supposedly going to be hired as a 1-year stop gap manager until they can make a move for a bigger name - and Capello comes out today and flat denies any link. The problem for a club like that (as City is finding out), is there are only so many world class managers around - and none seem terribly eager to jump into a Chelski like situation.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yep, Japan/Italy was a much better game. I don't think Honda is a free until January but he is pretty good. No idea why nobody has talked about a move, maybe he really likes Moscow?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya not sure - and you might be right on January, but he'd ease into a top 6 BPL side with no problem I'd think. I'd like him at Arsenal, but we wouldn't move for him as he'd "stunt" Chambo's growth. He was the best player on the pitch tonight imo. Can't believe Japan lost that - they were camped in Italy's box for the last 20 minutes of the game. Confed Cup is fun, but its only wetting the appetite for the main event next summer. Started to look into tickets/hotels in Rio for the opening stuff - but fucking everything nice is booked up already. My own fault for not locking down earlier.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If reports are true then ManC has to be kicking themselves for losing out on Isco at the last minute. Every report basically states Zidane stepped in and convinced him he needed to come to Madrid with the deal basically done now.

I like that LFC is signing Mignolet so we're not scrambling when Reina leaves but it could make for a strange year if he doesn't leave this summer.