Soccer 2016-2017

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got cup games and Europa, so plenty of chances for that.

Bit weird waiting for a game on a Friday night today.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It was a pretty terrible loss in which the problems of last year, not being able to break down a very defensive team, seem to have not been solved. We'll see if those 3 points come back to bite us in the ass down the road. Weird to seem more confident against the other top teams than vs. the shit like Burnley.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lukewarm win for Spurs. Not going to complain about three points, but it was far from a dominant performance in the home opener against a team that we should beat (Palace). It'll be interesting to see the squad rotation in midfield, Alli is playing too well to be coming off the bench regularly.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's just Burton Albion but if you look at our results last year against lower league opposition in the LC and FA cup it's certainly not a bad result. Good warm up for Saturday at least, should be a cracking game.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally Wenger signs a CB and ST. Not world beaters but some bodies nonetheless. I think I can finally get excited about the season. Almost must win today ... to be 8 points down 3 games in would be a bit of a psychological blow.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Spuds got lucky as fuck. Should have had the game won easily the first half.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well I was wrong, that wasn't good it was frustrating crap. Spurs would be flattered by the point, it was just disjointed all game long. Vorm was great in goal and made the draw possible.

Liverpool almost certainly deserved better. I think neither side's fans will be happy after that.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Sweet, I'm so happy the international break is here, said no one ever

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
David Luiz back to Chelsea for like €40 million. What the fuck?

The worst is that due to the break there's nothing else to talk about. Half the LFC fans are up in arms as we didn't sign a LB or cover for Can yet we spent the 6th most money and our net spent was negative just due to the deadwood that needed to go, not a lack of spending. I don't see a LB out there that transferred this summer and is a world beater, just more projects that may or may not be better.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There was a Forest fan on the original FOH boards, think it was Gwen Rockpounder or something like that. From the little I know of the lower division teams it seems Forest has been a shit show for years now but thankfully there are even worse run clubs such as Leeds, Blackpool, Blackburn and the like where it doesn't really seem to stand out. With their history and size of the club you'd think it wouldn't be hard to at least challenge for promotion regularly.

Speaking of Blackburn.. there was an article recently about the situation of their club. Pretty shady shit going down there.

Misery at Blackburn Rovers: Leaked documents reveal harrowing details of the "Indian rule"

Here's a TL;DR:
SEM-Kentaro, a football agency firm, is "advising" Venky's, and installing its own players and managers at Rovers. There's suggestions that someone involved in the running/ownership of the club is also betting on Rovers' relegation, as a successful bet at the odds given would be more profitable than, y'know, running the club well..

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty horrible debut for Bravo or that game wouldn't have been even close. If De Bruyne is out for long that could be a big blow though.