Soccer 2017-2018

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
France was clearly the best team this tournament, the only team that could have competed would have been Brazil but they were massively unlucky vs Belgium, and anyway Brazil always lose to France. If you look that the knockout phase, France let the other team do whatever pleased them, and still scored more in the end.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
France was clearly the best team this tournament,

World Cup is like the March Madness tournament - it's fun to watch but it certainly isn't top tier competition. It's only going to get worse in 2026 with 48 teams. To the impartial fan I would think Croatia looked to be the better team.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
World Cup is like the March Madness tournament - it's fun to watch but it certainly isn't top tier competition. It's only going to get worse in 2026 with 48 teams. To the impartial fan I would think Croatia looked to be the better team.

They certainly looked like the better team in the first half. I thought France looked like the better team in the second, but I'm nowhere near impartial. The Croatian crosses and corners were nerve wracking all game.

Watching live streams. I wish I was in Paris right now partying.

Gurgeh

World Cup is like the March Madness tournament - it's fun to watch but it certainly isn't top tier competition. It's only going to get worse in 2026 with 48 teams. To the average fan I would think Croatia looked to be the better team.
I guess it depends what you mean by top tier. It's by a very large margin the most popular sporting event, even much more popular than summer olympics.
For a lot of star players it has an even higher priority than their clubs, because it allow them to be famous well outside the football addicts circle.
But yeah, the CL definitely show better football.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Watching live streams. I wish I was in Paris right now partying.

845 cars torched, mall plundered, and some other minor incidents

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Really wanted Croatia to win but France was better unfortunately.
Riots in Paris during celebrations. What's next? The sky is blue?

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I’m pretty sure the Madrassas are all standing so your only half right there buddy.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Anyway, I'd say this thread has come to an end. Everything will be geared towards 18/19 club season from this point forward unless anybody has anything else to add about the WC.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty sure Gurgeh is french though I've never really seen him post during club season.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Anyway, I'd say this thread has come to an end. Everything will be geared towards 18/19 club season from this point forward unless anybody has anything else to add about the WC.

Several Belgian players will see their market value improve.

I hope Courtouis & Hazard go to Real Madrid, they are relatively young.

Pretty sure Gurgeh is french though I've never really seen him post during club season.

Your controversial postings have made him too shy to wave the white flag.

Gurgeh

I do read this thread, but I'm a lurker between WCs/Euros. I just follow to enough to have a rough idea of what's going on... Occasionnaly seeing a PSG game as I live close to the Parc des Princes (quite an awesome stadium btw, so much better than Le Stade de France) and watch what I can of the CL.